Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why aren't there any reviews yet?

You would think the internet would be loaded with them since reviewers have had the phone for 3-4 days now.

All I know is whoever posts a review first will have a TON of site hits.

Post here if you guys find reviews!

Default Re: Why aren't there any reviews yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dave9851 View Post
    You would think the internet would be loaded with them since reviewers have had the phone for 3-4 days now.

All I know is whoever posts a review first will have a TON of site hits.

Post here if you guys find reviews!
    I think Google has a gag order on the reviews until it gets closer to release. Hopefully will be lifted soon.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

I'm not gonna buy before seeing the reviews, so Google had better let the reviews out before launch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The phone was revealed three days ago and Phil said he had one two days ago. Do you want fast and slapdash reviews or comprehensive and complete reviews, testing the camera and battery life? What seems great at first can reveal itself to be a problem over time. (Just think of any of your ex-significant others.) Better to get it right than first.

Add on the fact that Google probably has an embargo on reviews until closer to release - I'm guessing we'll see an avalanche next Monday or Tuesday - then we're just going to have to have some patience. Yes, it sucks, but Christmas eventually arrives.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    I'm not gonna buy before seeing the reviews.

Google has a line of ppl who will buy before seeing reviews........But I think they will come before the phone launches. I'm guessing early next week.

Oh yeah that's true too. I just hope the reviews are out before the 13th. It should help me make a final decision.

Oh yeah that's true too. I just hope the reviews are out before the 13th. It should help me make a final decision.

What in the world would these reviewers be able to tell you about this device that would stop you from buying it?

I'm excited for reviews.....But my my mind is already made up.
    Thanked by:

When sites get review units, they're usually tied to a schedule that they're not allowed to release a full review before a certain date. This isn't something special Google does or any other manufacturer, it's pretty standard affair for phones, tablets, computers, etc..

Not to mention that I think we'd prefer to see reviews that are in-depth because reviewers had time to truly get to know the pros and cons of a device.

And the phone doesn't go on sale until Nov 13th, so I think there's still time to make your decision .
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Thanked by:
    Biggnaa20 likes this.

I'm not gonna buy before seeing the reviews, so Google had better let the reviews out before launch.

Nexus 4 - Raising The Bar For Design, Materials, And Build Quality

Quote Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
    What in the world would these reviewers be able to tell you about this device that would stop you from buying it?

I'm excited for reviews.....But my my mind is already made up.
    im going to 100% agree with this one

I think Google has a gag order on the reviews until it gets closer to release. Hopefully will be lifted soon.
    It will be sooner rather than later. Keep a close eye on that AC blog..

There was a super popular thread in this forum that was deleted, "I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away"

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...-new-post.html

Ya, guess he gave away too much info. Nothing revelatory, to be honest.

edit: cached version for proof,http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

To my knowledge its just due to the only people who have had the device long enough to post an in depth review are us Google employees. I've had mine for about a month.

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaguy99 View Post
    To my knowledge its just due to the only people who have had the device long enough to post an in depth review are us Google employees. I've had mine for about a month.
    And we're not supposed to hate you why again?

Apple has a line of ppl who will buy before seeing reviews....
    FTFYT.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

maybe tomorrow we will start seeing reviews

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    maybe tomorrow we will start seeing reviews
    Since the podcast was delayed until tomorrow at an annoying time, my guess is they can talk about it tomorrow. Just a guess though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

There are a few slapped together reviews, they just aren't very detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    There are a few slapped together reviews, they just aren't very detailed.
    well,they are just Hands on first look. not really reviews.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Jailbroken - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    The phone was revealed three days ago and Phil said he had one two days ago. Do you want fast and slapdash reviews or comprehensive and complete reviews, testing the camera and battery life? What seems great at first can reveal itself to be a problem over time. (Just think of any of your ex-significant others.) Better to get it right than first.

Add on the fact that Google probably has an embargo on reviews until closer to release - I'm guessing we'll see an avalanche next Monday or Tuesday - then we're just going to have to have some patience. Yes, it sucks, but Christmas eventually arrives.
    I agree. I am anxious too, but let them do this right. I think that any honorable review of this product is going to have include it's implications to our wireless future. Google has really stepped in here with a move that can really empower the informed consumer. This is an affordable top shelf device that (speaking for myself here) puts me in a position of control over my wireless expenditures. It's been so long since I could say that, and the fact I can is almost as exciting to me as the Nexus 4 itself is. This is a really understated evolution for Android, and if you understood the vision of the Nexus One; you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Give it time, let the reviews bake, theres much to discuss.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    DC Wuff and Ricky2009 like this.

I would love to see a review, but I am prepared to wait for an official device being reviewd and not the pre-production models that seem to be around currently

Hopefully this site breaks the trend and releases a review soon.

It has already been mentioned here that Google probably have some sort of NDA for those sites that have the Nexus 4 for review. The way that the "I have a Nexus 4, you have questions" thread disappeared so suddenly suggests that this is the case (pity though, I was enjoying Phil's teasing). Google probably have some master plan to keep interest in the 4 as high as possible: leaks for the last month; announcement on 29th; previews; timing of forthcoming full reviews; on sale 13th. Someone here with more knowledge and experience can probably accurately predict which day next week the full reviews are likely (Monday to keep things on a weekly cycle? End of the week to peak interest for the weekend just before sales start?) although I am hoping for sooner rather than later. I just hope Google have made enough of the damn things so there is not a huge wait after orders are actually placed. I mean, at this price how can it [I]not[I] be a huge success?

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

http://androidcommunity.com/lg-nexus-4-review-20121102/

Here us a review from slashgear enjoy plus they have one for N10.
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    Thanked by 2:

Another rather "uninspiring" review here:
    Google Nexus 4 Review | Mobile Phones | CNET UK
    According to CNET if it doesn't have LTE it is a disaster. Seems I should pay extra for something I cannot use...

I guess the NDA expired or whatever at 11am eastern. That's the time all the major tech sites seemed to have released their reviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast