• 1 Post By MallyMall88
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

Default Lets Talk LG nexus 4 - CDMA Situation

Lets Talk LG nexus 4 - CDMA Situation-letstalkn4.png

Days after google announced its 4, 7, and 10 nexus devices, i've been doing some thinking about it. And decided to express my thoughts on the matter, being on a CDMA carrier, this binds me in a snatch or pass situation. Hoping to hear from those in my similar situation, and all those who are on GSM carriers, will you pick up the Nexus 4 even if you just recently upgraded or activated a new phone?. Can this purchase be justified if you own an up to date phone such as Galaxy note 2, Galaxy S3, or maybe iphone 5 perhaps. Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Default Re: Lets Talk LG nexus 4 - CDMA Situation

Quote Originally Posted by MallyMall88 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LetstalkN4.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	215.6 KB 
ID:	44346

Days after google announced its 4, 7, and 10 nexus devices, i've been doing some thinking about it. And decided to express my thoughts on the matter, being on a CDMA carrier, this binds me in a snatch or pass situation. Hoping to hear from those in my similar situation, and all those who are on GSM carriers, will you pick up the Nexus 4 even if you just recently upgraded or activated a new phone?. Can this purchase be justified if you own an up to date phone such as Galaxy note 2, Galaxy S3, or maybe iphone 5 perhaps. Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Have had s3 for a month. It's up for sale now and I'll be getting n4 launch day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

I'm a GSM Galaxy Nexus owner since April 25 and will be purchasing Nexus 4 on November 13.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    MallyMall88 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

Already .. that was kinda a fast departure!...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it will be! I patiently waited for the Galaxy Nexus to be sold with a warranty. If I don't purchase a phone the day it releases then I never purchase it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Even if I was on gsm, I would pass until the 32gb comes out in February or whenever.

Because I just got my cdma upgrade to a sgs3, there is nothing compelling about the n4 to make me switch. I with my sgs3 and cm10 might be on 4.2 before the n4 is even released.

Nothing is all that ground breaking hardware wise that I do not already have.

If this came on all carriers, it might as well be the Gnex S, it is about the same as going from the iPhone 4 to the 4s

from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I really wanted this phone and was going to cancel my vzw contract but I've decided to stick it out until my contract with VZW ends on 6-12-13. By then I will probably just wait for the new Nexus. My RAZR Maxx is still chugging along fine. :-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    MallyMall88 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Even if I was on gsm, I would pass until the 32gb comes out in February or whenever.

Because I just got my cdma upgrade to a sgs3, there is nothing compelling about the n4 to make me switch. I with my sgs3 and cm10 might be on 4.2 before the n4 is even released.

Nothing is all that ground breaking hardware wise that I do not already have.

If this came on all carriers, it might as well be the Gnex S, it is about the same as going from the iPhone 4 to the 4s

from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    That's an interesting take... on the nexus 4... you see it as pretty much as an iphone 4S....

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

Why are people so confident that a 32GB model is coming for the Nexus 4? I seriously doubt it is. The Galaxy Nexus in its GSM incarnation was never available in a 32GB model, only the CDMA model. This time, Google is releasing an 8GB model to reduce cost and push the cloud. That's where Google wants to go with Nexus devices (and Chromebooks). That is also their target market. I kind of like it actually. All my music is on Google Music. I use Google Drive extensively, as well as Dropbox. I think Google is trying to push the cloud strategy with these devices, and from that vantage point, it doesn't make any sense to put out a 32GB model.
    Thanked by:
    MallyMall88 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    Why are people so confident that a 32GB model is coming for the Nexus 4? I seriously doubt it is. The Galaxy Nexus in its GSM incarnation was never available in a 32GB model, only the CDMA model. This time, Google is releasing an 8GB model to reduce cost and push the cloud. That's where Google wants to go with Nexus devices (and Chromebooks). That is also their target market. I kind of like it actually. All my music is on Google Music. I use Google Drive extensively, as well as Dropbox. I think Google is trying to push the cloud strategy with these devices, and from that vantage point, it doesn't make any sense to put out a 32GB model.
    16gb version will serve most just fine!... only wish the nexus line would bring back SD card slots

Thanked by:
    yfan likes this.

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MallyMall88 View Post
    16gb version will serve most just fine!... only wish the nexus line would bring back SD card slots
    I gotta kinda agree with you on that one actually. I doubt I'd ever use it, but I'd like the option.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    Why are people so confident that a 32GB model is coming for the Nexus 4?.
    Google is in the process of doing exactly that with their tablet, bought market share and attention with low prices then 6 months later phase out the 8gb and introduce a 32gb model.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Google is in the process of doing exactly that with their tablet, bought market share and attention with low prices then 6 months later phase out the 8gb and introduce a 32gb model.
    I'm also under the impression they will release this phone on the CDMA carriers like 4-5months later when the phone is no longer as relevant....

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

It kinda sucked that I bought my GSM G-Nex about two months ago and now the Nexus 4 16GB will be available at the same price. But then again, I needed a new phone pronto after my old one broke, so I can't be too mad about it.

I've actually been toying with the idea of buying the Nexus 4 and selling my lightly used G-Nex on eBay for around $250. But I'll see how smooth the N4 launch is first, because my G-Nex has been a buttery-smooth experience since day one.

model;;LG ;E960. already i am in use cdma sim.is it capapable in nexus 4