Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By blackmannx#AC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery pulls

Question: I think that when a phone has no way of pulling the battery, there is a combination of keys that make it reboot if it's frozen or something, right? Is this as effective as a battery pull? The reason I'm asking is because today, on my Galaxy SII, all of the sudden, something was sucking the life out of the battery (from 65% to 17% in an hour, and nothing was running, and this is the first this has ever happened to me). I turned the phone off and on, and it didn't solve anything. Then, I pulled the battery, and this solved it. If this happened to a phone like the Nexus, is the key combination the equivalent of a battery pull, or will it be like turning the phone off and on, hence, not solving anything? I just wanted to double-check… Thanks!

Default Re: Battery pulls

I am not 100% all the admin here who had the phone said when it freezes "hold down the power button and walk away like a boss"
    Thanked by:
    kymoon 

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Jailbroken - Stock

Usually there is an "over ride" everything button combination that one can press in order to achieve this effect. For example, on the iPhone it is holding power and the home button together at the same time for some amount of seconds.

And if shish really hits the fan, there are a few screws on the bottom of the device. Surely we can tear parts away to get to that battery.
    Thanked by:
    kymoon 
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

Quote Originally Posted by kymoon View Post
    Question: I think that when a phone has no way of pulling the battery, there is a combination of keys that make it reboot if it's frozen or something, right? Is this as effective as a battery pull? The reason I'm asking is because today, on my Galaxy SII, all of the sudden, something was sucking the life out of the battery (from 65% to 17% in an hour, and nothing was running, and this is the first this has ever happened to me). I turned the phone off and on, and it didn't solve anything. Then, I pulled the battery, and this solved it. If this happened to a phone like the Nexus, is the key combination the equivalent of a battery pull, or will it be like turning the phone off and on, hence, not solving anything? I just wanted to double-check… Thanks!

tried to read all that.... and ...

Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x