Good pair of headphones/headset with 3 button controls?

nimer55

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Quick background on my phone situation: First smartphone was the Palm Pre, then got Nexus S, it broke so I'm now using a friends Nexus 1. On gingerbread, and I still have to constantly delete apps to make room so I can update other ones (yes, I've moved all I can on SD card). Suffice to say I can't wait for the Nexus 4.

I've recently lost my headphones, so I was simply waiting to get a new pair with the Nexus 4, but I now know it won't ship with a pair (Phil stated he didn't get one in his box, and it's not listed on the Google Play Store on the list of items included in box).

I'm not a fan of the in-ear ones, I like the simple classic earbuds. The New iPhone ones actually fit my ears really well (my friend has them, don't work in his ears great, but in mine they do), but only the center button works on Android phones. There are adapters, but that seems like too much of a pain.

Does anyone know a good pair of a earbud headphones with mic and at lest 3 buttons (the more the better) at a reasonable price (around $30 or less, less would be really nice)?

Thanks

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Quick background on my phone situation: First smartphone was the Palm Pre, then got Nexus S, it broke so I'm now using a friends Nexus 1. On gingerbread, and I still have to constantly delete apps to make room so I can update other ones (yes, I've moved all I can on SD card). Suffice to say I can't wait for the Nexus 4.

I've recently lost my headphones, so I was simply waiting to get a new pair with the Nexus 4, but I now know it won't ship with a pair (Phil stated he didn't get one in his box, and it's not listed on the Google Play Store on the list of items included in box).

I'm not a fan of the in-ear ones, I like the simple classic earbuds. The New iPhone ones actually fit my ears really well (my friend has them, don't work in his ears great, but in mine they do), but only the center button works on Android phones. There are adapters, but that seems like too much of a pain.

Does anyone know a good pair of a earbud headphones with mic and at lest 3 buttons (the more the better) at a reasonable price (around $30 or less, less would be really nice)?

Thanks

I'll tell ya what man, I got some really really nice Altec Lansings from 1 Sale A Day, it doesn't have controls for Android, but they sound so nice. 1SAD has random buds come through all the time, if you see a pair that piques your interest just Google some reviews for them. I hope this helps.

Edit: Ben's Outlet - Altec Lansing Noise-Reducing Stereo In-Ear Headphones w/ Dynamic Sound & Inline Mic with Call Function! Like this pair for example. Sure it there are no controls, and sure they aren't Sennheiser's but for $10, I'll bet these headphones do one hell of a job.

nimer55

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
wow, that does seem like a good deal.

But I forgot to mention, I live in Canada, so that is not available to me... Also, as I stated, I really dislike in-ear headphones.

Will however keep track of that website for buying family's and friends' gifts in the future.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how beats headphones, the ones where htc has a stake in their market, don't make android comparable headphones besides the urBeats. That is one of the few features that give Apple products a slight edge over android ones and I don't see it changing anytime soon (unless Google pumps out a super cheap Music Player, and even then it's unlikely)

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have given up finding a pair of wired headphones that give you control of your music. bluetooth headsets is the way to go. No wire to mess with. full control of music and phone functions. you do give up a lil on sound quality, but I listen to podcast most of the time anyway so doesn't bother me that much.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress