Where is phil's nexus 4 and/or nexus 10 review?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: review?

Living in a different time zone, I love waking up reading all the new posts. Only annoying bit, it gets empty during the day... well your night. This mornings news - no review, i can live with that.

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: review?

I've been refreshing the Android Central homepage all day haha I cant wait to read the review. Phil is the man, so I'm sure it will be a very well thought out and honest review. But with that said, LET ME SEE THE DAMN REVIEW ALREADY!!:p

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Did i miss the the review? + Question about updates and having 8gb

So I am pretty new this site, joined last week. I know the dude doing the review posted a vid saying it will be ready when its ready. But really.... did the review get posted and I missed it?

Or are we all in the same waiting boat?

Edit :To the question. Ill be getting the 8gb. Down the road say 2 years from now, will I have problems downloading updates as they become bigger?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Did i miss the the review? + Question about updates and having 8gb

Edit :To the question. Ill be getting the 8gb. Down the road say 2 years from now, will I have problems downloading updates as they become bigger?

Nope. There won't be any issues.

And you've touched upon a huge reason why Google has opted to go without an SDcard in these devices. By having no SDcard, the entire internal storage of the device is all one partition. This means that there's no restrictions on download size, media storage size, or ROM size for the device. The size of the OTA package or install will never (never say never, but seriously, never) be a problem for a device that has no partitions. If the OS takes up more space in later versions, that means you'll just have less space for everything else, nothing else has to change.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

We are all waiting for it yes.
Probably not any issues, just your 8gb might be a little smaller then when you first got it, that will basically be it. Bit like when you update an 8gb ipod, sometimes the new OS is a tad larger. I myself probably don't need 16, but I am playing it safe and getting it just in case I do feel the need for extra downloads.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I would be really, really, no REALLY -- I mean it -- surprised if base install of Android (pure, not carrier or manufacturer version with additions) would start to eat up the storage like Windows has since Windows 95 and NT 4.

Really. 8GB will be fine for a simple daily driver phone with maps, navigation, other utilities. It's only when you add music, movies, and games that user storage starts to bulge at the seams. IMHO.

To answer the question, Where's Phil's review(s)? They're on his word processor. And on his mind. He's polishing and honing his perspective until it meets his standards. That's a good thing. When I don't see it on the home page, I know he's juggling that and his other work, but all the while, carrying that N4 around as his test daily driver, and reasoning out a thoughtful judgment on it. I'm okay with that. Take your time, Phil.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site

While I respect and appreciate Phil's desire to get it right more than be first, it's starting to get more than a little annoying as he finds time to post videos of the unboxing and how notifications work and items about whether it works with the Palm Touchstone and that there's a thread about what the back should be made of and a photo of his cute daughter for a caption contest, but not the review itself. It's going beyond teasing and anticipation to simply being cruel and malicious like holding a steak up to a dog on a chain out of reach.

Hardy-har-har. You've got the million readers here all torqued up, but the result of the delay is that the conversation about it is being driven by everyone but AC. We're looking at and discussing the CNET (US and UK), The Verge, Engadget, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Wired, AllThingsD, ABC News, etc. Tech Radar has a 12-page behemoth of a review up today and even first-call Apple shill Walt Mossberg has his review up. (Guess what? It doesn't have LTE and that's a bad thing!) While it doesn't appear that any other Android specialty site has a review up, it's getting untenable for THE Android specialty site to not have a review by now.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

It's going beyond teasing and anticipation to simply being cruel and malicious like holding a steak up to a dog on a chain out of reach.
Sorry thats hilarious, the last person to stand by my dog with a pie in her hand... lets say the pie went missing. I see were your coming from but maybe he has another job and does the work in his spare time?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol its a cell phone review, guys. He isn't delaying the election or your blood test results. It's a review, of a cell phone. Keep perspective is all I'm saying :)

Fwiw I'm looking forward to Phil's review as well, because I like the way he writes and his perspectives are very down to earth and genuine. But whenever he decides its good to go is fine by me. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

While I respect and appreciate Phil's desire to get it right more than be first, it's starting to get more than a little annoying as he finds time to post videos of the unboxing and how notifications work and items about whether it works with the Palm Touchstone and that there's a thread about what the back should be made of and a photo of his cute daughter for a caption contest, but not the review itself. It's going beyond teasing and anticipation to simply being cruel and malicious like holding a steak up to a dog on a chain out of reach...

Teasing, my eye. The quick videos were probably a few minutes work. The pic with his daughter, I think Jerry got that off his Google+. Other things, I could crank out during a morning BM, they're not hard if the site has a robust CMS.

There are more than a few questions people've asked in the "Ask me questions thread" that would take more than a couple of days to get a definitive answer. And many of the reviews people are complaining/arguing about here were clearly cranked out lickety-split, possibly based on problematic pre-release review units. Phil taking a bit more time is quite professional, so cut him a little slack and check your own perspective in with reality. He is the editor-in-chief here, and certainly has other duties to attend to. ... If you don't like how this site rolls, vote with your feet.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to Phil's review (Thanks in advance Phil) because he is taking his time and getting to know the Nexus 4 and because as far as I know his review will be the first where the interest of the public was listened to before the review not just posted comments after the review. Please Phil, take your time visit with your family and so forth. The review will be finished soon enough. For me at least.

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If I were him, I would wait until the final software update is pushed just to review features that are not currently present on the pre-release build he is using. Then do a one day battery test to see if anything changes on that.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
If I were him, I would wait until the final software update is pushed just to review features that are not currently present on the pre-release build he is using. Then do a one day battery test to see if anything changes on that.

We may all have our phones by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad