Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree74Likes

Default Re: TheVerge and Engadget reviews disagree over CPU, battery and display

Quote Originally Posted by spooky981 View Post
    This could also explain why different people are having drastically divergent battery experiences. Some are giving us their impressions based on real world application whereby a four core processor would preform best. Others are giving us "Stress Tests" that actually punish multicore processing.
    Ab-sol-friggin-lutely. I believe I read a Google designer talking about how the processor "wakes up" to full speed when you touch the screen, to give the best possible performance, then "sleeps" some of the cores once you've launched an app. A stress tool might be keeping all the cores alive 'n kicking, while real world use will allow the OS' power management improvements to stretch and shine.

I tend to like Phil's reviews because he -- IIRC -- actually carries the phone around as his daily driver for a few days. So his perspective is based on how he uses any phone throughout the day. I'd bet he's going to tell us he needed to charge up at some point, but the battery didn't die on him halfway through his day. I've said it before, the first to review isn't necessarily the best review to read.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: TheVerge and Engadget reviews disagree over CPU, battery and display

Why did theverge Nexus 4 give call quality and reception a 6 or 7 when they said in written review of was good?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

once these are available to the public we'll get a better idea of how well it performs day to day. i dont rely solely on tech reviewers for my products since people are people and it can be bias. Its a good reference though to have an idea of what to expect.

LTE Might be the biggest thing since morse code and semaphore but those of us old school, and and generally old remember 28.8kbps modems. No matter how fast the connection or how good the signal Murphy will still be there to slow things down so who cares buy the device that fits your preferences. If you want a closed ecosystem with a ABC work flow and controlled environment we all know who sells the shiny in that category.

Engadget has always been Apple leaning, but benchmarks do support them in many areas when they compare n4 and ip5 but one is $800 and the other is $350.

I've made up my mind, even though I work for a certain amputated fruit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Why did theverge Nexus 4 give call quality and reception a 6 or 7 when they said in written review of was good?

I decided to just email Joshua from the verge and he marked it down for not having LTE. I find that odd because still said the call quality was good. What does LTE have to do with call quality and reception was he just looking some where knock Nexus 4 down for not having LTE?

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    engadget is and always will be an isheep site.
    Agreed. I find Engadget to be too Apple-centric for my tastes. I take their reviews with a grain of salt.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

At this point I wish every review was horrible so I'd be able to get my order in on day one!
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234