- 11-05-2012, 05:32 PM #101
- 3 Posts
Re: Wired's Review - "Rating: 9/10 Nearly flawless; buy it now"
There was actually a usability study done on data speeds in mobile phones a couple years ago. What they found that the magic threshold was about 2.5 - 3mbps for viewing web content. After that speed, the web content (even hd movies) did not really benefit from the increase in throughput, and the only thing that matters is your network latency.
The fact is I do not need the same or greater data speeds on my phone as I do for my home internet. If you actually need 20-30mbps on your phone, you are probably getting throttled (don't you Sprint UNLIMTED DATA people come out of the wood works, we all know you've never seen 20mbps in your life).
- 11-05-2012, 08:04 PM #102Currently sitting WITHOUT phone envy...
- 11-05-2012, 08:24 PM #103
- 11-05-2012, 08:31 PM #104
Re: Wired's Review - "Rating: 9/10 Nearly flawless; buy it now"Forum Rules & Guidelines -- CLICK HERE
I'm an NVIDIA Tegra Champ. Here's what that means. It means that from time to time I might receive products and/or services from NVIDIA to evaluate them and provide feedback to NVIDIA and you, our valuable members. What this does NOT mean is that my opinion will be biased. Any opinion that I express here and elsewhere are solely based on my personal preference and any relevant expertise that I may/may not have on the subject matter.
- 11-05-2012, 08:40 PM #105
Last edited by piizzadude; 11-05-2012 at 08:51 PM.
- By themikishow in forum GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM
- By wallyweaver in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 27Last Post: 05-08-2011, 09:05 PM
- By Ron_HeadcaseGames in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-14-2011, 12:41 AM
- By flashpiti in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 60Last Post: 03-15-2011, 10:54 AM
- By tleeford in forum T-Mobile Vibrant Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 13Last Post: 01-15-2011, 03:20 PM