Nexus 4 future purchase, switch to prepaid imminent

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I had a question for people who have experience with both Straight talk T-mobile prepaid service and T-mobile prepaid service. What are the differences between the services? I know the price structures for both but I don't know all the little hidden stuff.

I read one thing about Straight talk not providing roaming but T-Mobile mobile prepaid does. Is that true? How would that affect me? Are there any other differences in service?

I anticipate switching over to a prepaid service by January so I am just wondering ahead of time so I can plan a bit.

I know the Nexus 4 handles up to hspa+ 42. Do prepaid services like Straight talk and solavei offer this as long as its the t mobile supported sim?

Thank you so much for any help you can offer. Can't wait for the Nexus 4 and to finally save a ton of money! Oh ya, and to not be contractually obligated to continually get service from one specific provider. That's always nice!

hunterhp

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I had a question for people who have experience with both Straight talk T-mobile prepaid service and T-mobile prepaid service. What are the differences between the services? I know the price structures for both but I don't know all the little hidden stuff.

I read one thing about Straight talk not providing roaming but T-Mobile mobile prepaid does. Is that true? How would that affect me? Are there any other differences in service?

I anticipate switching over to a prepaid service by January so I am just wondering ahead of time so I can plan a bit.

I know the Nexus 4 handles up to hspa+ 42. Do prepaid services like Straight talk and solavei offer this as long as its the t mobile supported sim?

Thank you so much for any help you can offer. Can't wait for the Nexus 4 and to finally save a ton of money! Oh ya, and to not be contractually obligated to continually get service from one specific provider. That's always nice!

I had T-Mobile prepaid, and I got 42Mbps with my Galaxy S2. I believe I've heard that Straight Talk does allow roaming, and I've heard of people getting the "R" sign when using Straight Talk, but I'm not sure.

Whether you're on Straight Talk or Solavei or any T-Mobile MVNO, you get 42Mbps.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I have tmobile prepaid with 100 minutes plus unlimited text and Web (4G speeds capped at 5GB) and on hspa I've gotten about 30mbps and I'm on an unlocked at&t galaxy s3 lol thank God for them reforming their 1900mhz or I'd be stuck on edge.

I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I have Straight Talk and live in Salt Lake City. My understanding is voice is AT&T but roams on T-Mo, while data is AT&T only. I use 700 to 800 minutes per month, several thousand texts, and 5 to 7 gigs of data and have never had a problem and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad to see that folks are happy with this service. My plan is to drop from Verizon once my contract expires and switch to the TMO prepaid plan. Since my job reimburses me $65 a month, I'll likely do the $70 plan that has unlimited everything with data up to 5GB a month without throttling. I'll just port my number over and be free of contracts! 42mps is pretty good as far as I'm concerned. :)

wyndslash

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Being contract free is great. I'm glad my carriers here offer creative prepaid solutions for every need:D

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Being contract free is great. I'm glad my carriers here offer creative prepaid solutions for every need:D

Oh, it sure is. I've been in that position in the past and it is superb. You can switch phones if you want with ease or just switch carriers just as easily. :) Can't wait to get back to that.