Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #126  

Default Re: Petition for MicroSD slot in Nexus devices

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    It's about as relevant as you asking Google for an microSD slot on a Nexus device.

My question to you: Why do you think Google won't utilize an microSD slot? You communicated you were unsatisfied with Google's reasoning, but I'm beginning to suspect you don't have any idea why they won't use this technology. If you did, you would not have started this petition, and you would not be arguing so adamantly against other Android Central members.
    What do you mean i dont know their reason? Ive stated it a couple times that it is a weak reason. They said it was confusing to customers and i disagree and think that is weak. And id be fine without a microSD slot if they gave us a choice of 32GB at least. Not just up to 16GB.

Different strokes for different folks (an expression you may not be familiar with, all things considered). It was comical when you scoffed at one member who suggested the Nexus 4 was not for you, and you rebuked said member declaring you will buy whatever you want. I say this because you seem to be interested in specific feature lists, and as far as we can tell, the Galaxy S3 fulfills what you're looking for.
    That said member scoffed at me first and has bad people skills and has continued to be a ****** to others. Says he works for Google but im pretty sure with his attitude he works in the cafeteria....or not, but im pretty sure he isnt their PR guy.

So my second question to you: Why do you want the LG Nexus 4? An unlocked GS3 is every bit as good, and depending on your provider, offers LTE (I imagine someone like you also prefers a removable battery, though that's just my assumption).
    Ive already explained that on page 4. And my GS3 isnt unlocked and dont need it to be since it is already on T-Mobile so LTE i dont care about.

As far as removable battery...that is a plus and i say that because though i DO think my GS3 battery is good, if i want to change the stock 2100mAh battery to a 2900 or a 3000 mAh to be more exteme with the phone and have it go much longer, i can get those on ebay without needing to get a bigger back cover.
    Now so far with the N4 not getting great battery marks, that is something i probably would do if i could. So yeah, it would be sweet but not a deal breaker. Id rather have 32GB of space but if the battery does turn out to be crap, i wont get one. Im going to wait for the final OS to be realeased and the reviews of the battery at that point.

I dont think im unreasonable at all. I love the discussion actually but with todays standards they should offer a 8,16 AND 32 GB option.
    Last edited by Rayzaa; 11-07-2012 at 12:34 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #127  

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    :-) That's exactly what I was trying to get at. You (not you personally, the universal you) can't get everything you want for that price tag. You can pay more, not get updates in as timely a fashion, and have SD card storage, or pay less, get the updates and not have it (I'm sure there are choices in between). Some adjustments have to be made for the value, and at the end of the day, any purchase comes down to a value proposition.
    If it had 32GB of memory, id pay $399. My GS3 off contract had a price of $549 on AT&T and $629 on T-Mobile so it still would be much cheaper. Now if they are planning to have a 32GB version a few months later like they did with the Nexus 7, then ill wait til then..especially if it is going to be the same price as the 16GB is now....like they did with the N7.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #128  

Quote Originally Posted by motorwayne View Post
    You have a phone with an SD card in it already? If that is the case.

You are a TROLL clear and simple, you like the sound of your own voice, you are a grandstander hiding behind your petition.
    So did my Galaxy S Vibrant. Should i just of kept that as well? Surely nobody EVER has more than one phone or thinks about selling their current one when they get another

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzaa View Post
    What do you mean i dont know their reason? Ive stated it a couple times that it is a weak reason. They said it was confusing to customers and i disagree and think that is weak. And id be fine without a microSD slot if they gave us a choice of 32GB at least. Not just up to 16GB.

You know, four door sedans have more room than two-seat roadsters, and are more versatile than two-seat roadsters, but that doesn't mean a two-seat roadster is a bad thing.

That said member scoffed at me first and has bad people skills and has continued to be a ****** to others. Says he works for Google but im pretty sure with his attitude he works in the cafeteria....or not, but im pretty sure he isnt their PR guy.

Ive already explained that on page 4. And my GS3 isnt unlocked and dont need it to be since it is already on T-Mobile so LTE i dont care about.

As far as removable battery...that is a plus and i say that because though i DO think my GS3 battery is good, if i want to change the stock 2100mAh battery to a 2900 or a 3000 mAh to be more exteme with the phone and have it go much longer, i can get those on ebay without needing to get a bigger back cover.
    Now so far with the N4 not getting great battery marks, that is something i probably would do if i could. So yeah, it would be sweet but not a deal breaker. Id rather have 32GB of space but if the battery does turn out to be crap, i wont get one. Im going to wait for the final OS to be realeased and the reviews of the battery at that point.

I dont think im unreasonable at all. I love the discussion actually but with todays standards they should offer a 8,16 AND 32 GB option.
    Preach it brother. I agree whole heartedly.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #130  

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    If all your wishes came by, Google would not be selling it for $349.99. Would be like $600.00 or more.
    So with just 32GB of memory, that would cost me $600? Thats really the only big issue i have with it. Not enough memory.

So, take your pick and 4 lines for one person, that borders outrageous.
    Huh? Its called a family plan. I dont have 4 lines just for me.
    Since funds seems to be not a problem for you, just buy the Optimus G and there must be some developer out there who has already hack the device. I wish you luck in finding a NEXUS with SD slot.
    Dude i could hack my GS3 if i wanted to. Thats not the point.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Why not just get the Optimus G since it is basically the same phone but has the one thing you want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    Powered by Apple.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,051 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's about trade-offs. If a feature is a deal breaker then look elsewhere.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and ChromeJob like this.

... That said member scoffed at me first and has bad people skills and has continued to be a ****** to others. Says he works for Google but im pretty sure with his attitude he works in the cafeteria....or not, but im pretty sure he isnt their PR guy....
    "Mr. Kettle? Pot calling, line 1."

Please simmer down. Attack people's ideas, but don't attack the people. If others don't follow this practice, it's not 'open season' for you to follow suit.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

OP is a fool. your petition is meaningless. BEGONE TROLL
    siczek.p and Ricky2009 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MANdroidd View Post
    A fool for wanting an extra features to make his user experience better?

Explain

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!

You know the more I think about it and reading everyone's input...
    I think sacrificing SD card slot and non-removable battery in the Nexus 4 is probably well worth it to get the pure Android experience with the most up to date android os. As much as I really like having SD slot and a removable battery I might just buy the 16GB Nexus 4 and keep my GS2 skyrocket as an alternate phone. That way I have a backup option and I could use both phones. All of the other great features on the Nexus 4 seem too good to pass up especially Android 4.2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
    Nexus 4 (Feb 2013 - Present)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (2011-2013)
    Verizon OG Droid (2009 - 2011)
    ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 (May 2012 - Present)
    Sweet Pikake likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

He's not a troll. Come on. He is entitled to his opinion.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Petition are not meaningless, goal of petition is to reach to company ears, as long as they get attention company can't walk without noticing it. Ofcorse whatever company response to it it's different story.
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #139  

Posted by MANNdroid OP is a fool. your petition is meaningless. BEGONE TROLL
    Nicely thought out Congrats on adding nothing to the discussion but an insult.

Troll indeed.

I just hope that some real Google people (non cafeteria workers..lol) see threads like this and realize that it would be a good idea to try to work more with manufacturers to make more Nexus devices. As we all can see, different people like different features but we all (at least on here) have one thing in common...we all want a pure Android experience with timely updates. Why Google takes an Apple approach with their core fans by releasing one phone a year is beyond me. I guess the argument there is that the common person really has no idea about pure Google etc. But if more phones were created then they would....word would get out.

Nicely thought out Congrats on adding nothing to the discussion but an insult.

Troll indeed.
    We have a few on here like that unfortunately. Some people don't like any criticism on their phone of choice..... its pathetically funny at times.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,051 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Do people really think that Google didn't already think this through? They did, and they chose what they wanted to. That's their prerogative. Sure, you can petition them, but guess what, they've made their case for not having an SD card slot. I doubt it's going to change. Ever since the Nexus did away with the SD card slot these threads have been around, and guess what? The Nexus still doesn't have an SD card slot.

Stick around long enough and you'll see this same thread in the section for whatever the next Nexus is called next year.

Almost ready to close this thread, since it's almost been completely derailed to people "almost" attacking other people. Keep it on topic please.
    Thanked by 2:
    badbrad17Ry 
    Ry, gone down south and Ricky2009 like this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #143  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Do people really think that Google didn't already think this through? They did, and they chose what they wanted to. That's their prerogative. Sure, you can petition them, but guess what, they've made their case for not having an SD card slot. I doubt it's going to change. Ever since the Nexus did away with the SD card slot these threads have been around, and guess what? The Nexus still doesn't have an SD card slot.

Stick around long enough and you'll see this same thread in the section for whatever the next Nexus is called next year.

Almost ready to close this thread, since it's almost been completely derailed to people "almost" attacking other people. Keep it on topic please.
    OK, fine. I can deal with that....as long as they give us some decent space internally. Offer a 32GB version as well. It is cheap and easy to do. 8GB is near unusable now with only about 6GB of actual space with it and a slew of apps to choose from. Google should know this since they are the ones with a Playstore full of things they would want to you to use/buy.

Thats all im asking for.....more space!
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,039 Global Posts

OK, fine. I can deal with that....as long as they give us some decent space internally.
    Looks like you can't deal with that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post

Stick around long enough and you'll see this same thread in the section for whatever the next Nexus is called next year...
    SSDY
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Quote Originally Posted by FishPharm View Post
    I just hope that some real Google people (non cafeteria workers..lol) see threads like this and realize that it would be a good idea to try to work more with manufacturers to make more Nexus devices. As we all can see, different people like different features but we all (at least on here) have one thing in common...we all want a pure Android experience with timely updates. Why Google takes an Apple approach with their core fans by releasing one phone a year is beyond me. I guess the argument there is that the common person really has no idea about pure Google etc. But if more phones were created then they would....word would get out.
    And yet they sold a grand total of a half-million Galaxy Nexus's over it's entire lifespan. The Galaxy S3 sold 5 million in ONE QUARTER. Apple sold 25 million iPhones last QUARTER, 5 million iPhone 5's in a single weekend!

Google has never had the slightest intention of going mainstream with their phones.

OK, fine. I can deal with that....as long as they give us some decent space internally. Offer a 32GB version as well. It is cheap and easy to do. 8GB is near unusable now with only about 6GB of actual space with it and a slew of apps to choose from. Google should know this since they are the ones with a Playstore full of things they would want to you to use/buy.

Good point. If the affordable N4 has, as at least one of its goals, the purpose of "enabling" buying activity on Play ("the playground is open "), adequate storage for music cache, content, games, etc, would seem to be a no-brainer. 8gb was damn little in the N7, same in the N4.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,051 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    SSDY
    Sometimes even SSDDay :P

Rayzaa, I would just give it up man. Too many people on here think that Google walks on water and every decision that they make is correct and not to be questioned. I totally agree that an SD option would be nice and simple logic would indicate that more space should be added if one wasn't included. So wanting a 32 GB version is perfectly understandable. Google is wanting you to use their cloud, like Apple, and they only give one option a year for a pure Google phone, like Apple does with their icrap.

Quote Originally Posted by FishPharm View Post
    Rayzaa, I would just give it up man. Too many people on here think that Google walks on water and every decision that they make is correct and not to be questioned. I totally agree that an SD option would be nice and simple logic would indicate that more space should be added if one wasn't included. So wanting a 32 GB version is perfectly understandable. Google is wanting you to use their cloud, like Apple, and they only give one option a year for a pure Google phone, like Apple does with their icrap.
    yep should probably just give it up... only 77 people on your petition.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast