Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default Re: Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

Verizon is a F'n joke!!! Note only are they over priced but rude as hell. I'm so happy I paid my ETF and got the hell out yesterday. Can't wait for Nov 13 baby!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    nickacs likes this.

That last part is completely false. The Verizon GNex is the ONLY phone running Jelly Bean on VZW. That will change with the DNA and GN2, but until thn, it is the most up to date phone.
    Which still isn't the latest jelly bean.. Point is verizon doesn't give a sh** about anyone until it affects there sales, think iphone. The nexus 4 is constantly selling out, I believe it's only a matter of time before nexus devices catch verizon's eye to the point where they are willing to bend over backwards to bring the devices back to their network.

It would be the gnex all over again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Also, I'd like to point out, the iphone may sell more than nexus devices, but say google decides to go closed source and only use their nexus devices for their platform, there goes the DNA, razr, note I/II, pretty much every major seller but the iphone. So compare iDevices to Android based devices, total the amount of sales times the dollar amount for each phone, and then lets see who's ahead.

Why not be patient and wait for Tmo to get their LTE system up and running? You might find out it kicks *** all over Verizon. Your N4 also might already be set up to use it. I got my unlimited everything plan from Tmo and hope to be grandfathered in when this day comes.

lets be honest here people, Verizon still unfortunately has the best service. VZW also has the worst customer service, and they ruin every phone but, I never drop calls. AT&T is horrible, dropped calls all day every day. I live in NYC and have had sprint, verizon, at&t, and t-mobile, no matter what anybody says verizon is still the best, nobody can compare, that's why they don't care and never will. That's also why they can rip you off ever month. So if that means no Nexus 4, oh well, I'll just keep my hacked Gnex.

Has anyone ever thought to themselves that maybe VZW delays OS updates to keep their customers happy? We all know new OS updates have bugs that can sometimes be disheartening. Maybe VZW delays those updates until the majority of bugs are ironed out. That way, their customers always get the "best" experience with their devices.

Now before you rage and call me names until I cry, know that I just cancelled my unlimited data Verizon plan for T-Mobile and the N4
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by mud314 View Post
    I could care less about this Nexus release. If I wanted a phone w/o LTE I'd just go get the iPhone 4s. And HSPA is not LTE. I also would much rather have solid reliable secure service than move myself to crappy AT&T or TMo.
    did you forget that the iPhone 4S tops out at 14.4Mbps...actually no since that's on "crappy AT&T's" network. on Verizon it's much worse.

The two biggest complaints for the Nexus 4 is the fact that it has no LTE and the glass back being prone to breaking easily.
    1. Do all these critics and reviewers forget that the Nexus 4 is only compatible with GSM networks in the US meaning that even if it had LTE you would need AT&T whose LTE coverage isn't all that great. I don't mention other countries simply because everyone status the LTE in the US is the most developed thus far, according to reviewers.

2. Hello, the iPhone had a glass black for 2 years and everyone seemed to manage fine. And fyi your phone is going to get cracked/scratched/dented/etc whether the back is glass, plastic, or aluminum.
    yfan likes this.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by pespule View Post
    did you forget that the iPhone 4S tops out at 14.4Mbps...actually no since that's on "crappy AT&T's" network. on Verizon it's much worse.

The two biggest complaints for the Nexus 4 is the fact that it has no LTE and the glass back being prone to breaking easily.
    1. Do all these critics and reviewers forget that the Nexus 4 is only compatible with GSM networks in the US meaning that even if it had LTE you would need AT&T whose LTE coverage isn't all that great. I don't mention other countries simply because everyone status the LTE in the US is the most developed thus far, according to reviewers.

2. Hello, the iPhone had a glass black for 2 years and everyone seemed to manage fine. And fyi your phone is going to get cracked/scratched/dented/etc whether the back is glass, plastic, or aluminum.
    I think most reviewers know the facts that you have listed.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by aestep1014 View Post
    That last part is completely false. The Verizon GNex is the ONLY phone running Jelly Bean on VZW. That will change with the DNA and GN2, but until thn, it is the most up to date phone.
    Fortunately,, it has changed.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Oh good, another petition.

These are highly effective.
    Ry and MERCDROID like this.

I don't want it on Verizon. I'm sick of their control issues (which no amount of email or petitioning will change) and I'm sick of their fees.

The N4 makes me feel free!
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

You won't see the N4 on Verizon. Google finally has the Nexus device they've wanted....a single device world phone. No 20 different phones with all different hardware to support. Verizon won't put a new non LTE device on their network and Google/LG won't make a CDMA version.

The radio in the N4 is high-tech as it supports all GSM carriers. There is no all-in-one radio that can do world wide LTE. That was the hold up on Apple getting LTE (that and battery life) and the still had to settle for multiple devices to support multiple LTE service....even then there isn't a version of the iPhone 5 to support every LTE network worldwide....

Google wants everyone to have the ability to have the N4 and in the US we do...just not on Verizon. I have a Xoom and a iPhone 4S on Verizon, I'm not that impressed with their service too much but call quality is great...

From what I have read the upcoming LG Optimus Blaze will be Verizon's version of Optimus G which is the next closest thing to the N4. So there you have it.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

To show that Verizon is a closed system, their FiOS Android app still doesn't work on 4.2 and my suspicion is that they don't care since none of their devices run it.

Default Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    To show that Verizon is a closed system, their FiOS Android app still doesn't work on 4.2 and my suspicion is that they don't care since none of their devices run it.

That Verizon is a different company.

You realize the Nexus 4 isn't a CDMA device, right? It couldn't run on the Verizon network even if Verizon invited it too.

Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by nh97103 View Post
    If you do, send Verizon a message. We need to inform them that we're unhappy that they have to approve updates to all phones, even if it's a nexus. They shouldn't have had that power to begin with, and now with 4G, they're legally not supposed to. When I emailed them, I said that they should give Google a little leeway one ONE phone considering they make Android, which in turn makes all their money. Make sure to mention that you'll be considering taking your business elsewhere if they don't come to an agreement by whatever date your phone's contract is up. Finally, mention the Iphone's story. AT&T was the only carrier that would allow the Iphone to be sold Apple's way, and looked how that turned out. Millions buy that phone on opening day. Verizon could help do that for the Nexus devices. Be polite, but let Verizon know that they are alienating customers.

We can do this. Every email counts.

Link for emailing them:

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    You realize the Nexus 4 isn't a CDMA device, right? It couldn't run on the Verizon network even if Verizon invited it too.

Good grief.
    Not strictly. But it's baseband chip supports CDMA when the software is there to allow access.

Good grief.
    Google made a CDMA version of the GNex....

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Google made a CDMA version of the GNex....

Yes, because they planned one out... They didn't release the Galaxy Nexus then decide to go back and figure out a CDMA version for Verizon out of thin air...

Yes, because they planned one out... They didn't release the Galaxy Nexus then decide to go back and figure out a CDMA version for Verizon out of thin air...
    They wouldn't have to with the nexus 4 because its baseband already supports CDMA and EVDO.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    They wouldn't have to with the nexus 4 because its baseband already supports CDMA and EVDO.
    Not quite sure how this is even worth discussing how far this is from ever happening. No, kids, just no.

"If you want a Sprint or Verizon version, you need a CDMA radio. Qualcomm does make "all-in-one" radio chips that work on pretty much every network out there, but as I said, these are probably significantly more expensive than the 3G-only models. You'd then need different software versions for each carrier's radio configuration, too. That means more work to support the hardware post-sale."

/discussion
    Thanked by:

Not quite sure how this is even worth discussing how far this is from ever happening. No, kids, just no.

"If you want a Sprint or Verizon version, you need a CDMA radio. Qualcomm does make "all-in-one" radio chips that work on pretty much every network out there, but as I said, these are probably significantly more expensive than the 3G-only models. You'd then need different software versions for each carrier's radio configuration, too. That means more work to support the hardware post-sale."

/discussion
    The chip the nexus 4 uses has CDMA and evdo included. Just like it has LTE. The software is not there to support it. If google wanted to produce a CDMA version for Verizon or sprint, it would take little effort.

That all in one chip that they're talking about is the one that is present in the nexus 4 and every S4-based phone.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    The chip the nexus 4 uses has CDMA and evdo included. Just like it has LTE.
    ...so what you're saying is, the chip is there, but the majority of the other hardware components are not, in the same way that an LTE chip is present, but also lacking an amplifier, etc. The Nexus 4 is about as acceptable of an LTE device as it is a CDMA device, in other words meaning it's not an acceptable LTE device, just like it's not an acceptable CDMA device. This is not a CDMA phone.

...so what you're saying is, the chip is there, but the majority of the other hardware components are not, in the same way that an LTE chip is present, but also lacking an amplifier, etc. The Nexus 4 is about as acceptable of an LTE device as it is a CDMA device, in other words meaning it's not an acceptable LTE device, just like it's not an acceptable CDMA device. This is not a CDMA phone.
    Of course it isn't. But it certainly isn't as far away from being one as you'd like to imply.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast