Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 64 of 64
Like Tree27Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    You should either enjoy what you bought...a gsm phone, or buy something else. What's the point in wishing/wanting/debating what this phone could be? It is what it is.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  2. #52  

    Default Re: Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Of course it isn't. But it certainly isn't as far away from being one as you'd like to imply.
    The N4 lacks the hardware to run on a CDMA network effectively. You do not fix this with a software update; the current Nexus 4is substantially farther away from running on a CDMA network as you seem to imply. Google & LG would have to build a different phone for Verizon, or maybe you think they ought to issue a recall on the device and add the necessary hardware to run on a CDMA network.

    Again, not sure how this is a discussion.
  3. #53  

    Default Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    The N4 lacks the hardware to run on a CDMA network effectively. You do not fix this with a software update; the current Nexus 4is substantially farther away from running on a CDMA network as you seem to imply. Google & LG would have to build a different phone for Verizon, or maybe you think they ought to issue a recall on the device and add the necessary hardware to run on a CDMA network.

    Again, not sure how this is a discussion.
    You seem to be misunderstanding what I'm saying. (And throwing in some unnecessary hyperbole for good measure)

    Let me spell it out for you:

    1. The nexus is based around Optimus G reference hardware, which comes in both CDMA and gsm variants.

    2. The nexus HAS a baseband chip that is compatible with any network in the US.

    3. If google wanted to create a CDMA nexus, the hardware already exists to do so and can be put into a 'new' model of nexus without any major re-engineering. This is a major benefit that LG and Google have already cited for the current GSM model.

    4. It is nowhere near as difficult to create a CDMA nexus 4 as you have implied in your posts in this thread.
  4. #54  

    Default Re: Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    You seem to be misunderstanding what I'm saying. (And throwing in some unnecessary hyperbole for good measure)

    Let me spell it out for you:

    3. If google wanted to create a CDMA nexus, the hardware already exists to do so and can be put into a 'new' model of nexus without any major re-engineering. This is a major benefit that LG and Google have already cited for the current GSM model.

    4. It is nowhere near as difficult to create a CDMA nexus 4 as you have implied in your posts in this thread.
    #4: If you have to create a separate product, that makes it difficult. Why is that an argument?

    #3: As you even mentioned yourself, LG would have to create a different Nexus, and for such a miniscule market when considering where CDMA is used on a global level.

    No part of this sounds simple or like a properly thought out business strategy.

    Not happening
  5. #55  

    Default Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    #4: If you have to create a separate product, that makes it difficult. Why is that an argument?

    #3: As you even mentioned yourself, LG would have to create a different Nexus, and for such a miniscule market when considering where CDMA is used on a global level.

    No part of this sounds simple or like a properly thought out business strategy.

    Not happening
    The hardware is already there in the Optimus g. Lg could do it easily.
  6. #56  

    Default Re: Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    The hardware is already there in the Optimus g. Lg could do it easily.
    So why don't you start emailing LG, Verizon and Google and see how well it goes? It sounds so simple, they'll probably have a phone ready for you by Christmas.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  7. #57  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Re: Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Verizon would want to tattoo their logo all over the place and take months to "test" Software updates.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Who cares what Verizon does to the nexus.

    Flash up to date roms on it, it's what the device is intended for.



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  9. #59  

    Default Re: Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Email sent. Thanks for the tip.
  10. #60  

    Default Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    So why don't you start emailing LG, Verizon and Google and see how well it goes? It sounds so simple, they'll probably have a phone ready for you by Christmas.
    Because if I ever buy another nexus it will be on another carrier and it will have LTE. My contract is up in February, so I'm considering moving back to t-mobile for their unlimited.
  11. #61  
    KitN's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

    Default Re: Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Verizon bares the mark of The Beast.

    (BTW, that red check-mark logo is written in blood. IJS.)

    Verizon needs to die. Kill it with fire or hit it with Holy Water. Seriously.

    Verizon ruins phones and eats babies. I hope Google never let's them have another Nexus device to ruin and practice Satanic rituals on.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  12. #62  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,181 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,188 Global Posts

    Default Re: Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post
    Verizon bares the mark of The Beast.

    (BTW, that red check-mark logo is written in blood. IJS.)

    Verizon needs to die. Kill it with fire or hit it with Holy Water. Seriously.

    Verizon ruins phones and eats babies. I hope Google never let's them have another Nexus device to ruin and practice Satanic rituals on.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Tell us how you really feel. lol

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  13. #63  
    KitN's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

    Default Re: Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Tell us how you really feel. lol

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums


    I do hope you know that entire post was being silly, right?

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  14. #64  

    Default Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

    Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post


    I do hope you know that entire post was being silly, right?

    Sent from my Nexus 7
    Silly but true. The only reason people put up with Verizon is their coverage and their head start with LTE.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. I want the Nexus 4 but I have Verizon
    By svenEDGE in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
  2. does galaxy s3 have same problems as the nexus on verizon?
    By droid747 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 08:21 AM
  3. does galaxy s3 have same problems as the nexus on verizon?
    By droid747 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 08:21 AM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

B