Want the Nexus 4 on Verizon?

nh97103

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
If you do, send Verizon a message. We need to inform them that we're unhappy that they have to approve updates to all phones, even if it's a nexus. They shouldn't have had that power to begin with, and now with 4G, they're legally not supposed to. When I emailed them, I said that they should give Google a little leeway one ONE phone considering they make Android, which in turn makes all their money. Make sure to mention that you'll be considering taking your business elsewhere if they don't come to an agreement by whatever date your phone's contract is up. Finally, mention the Iphone's story. AT&T was the only carrier that would allow the Iphone to be sold Apple's way, and looked how that turned out. Millions buy that phone on opening day. Verizon could help do that for the Nexus devices. Be polite, but let Verizon know that they are alienating customers.

We can do this. Every email counts.

Link for emailing them:
https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/secure/contactus/email.action

Thanks.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
You know that Google sold a total of a half million Gnex's, right? This is a nothing phone for the carriers, they couldn't care less about it. The Note II sold THREE MILLION UNITS THE FIRST MONTH.

nh97103

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Well if they start hearing that those half a million people will switch carriers, they might start caring. Besides, the alternative is to do nothing. Personally, I'd rather try something.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
The only way Verizon will listen to you is if you stop paying them every month for service. Unfortunately they have no incentive to change if people continue to pay them to do what they're currently doing.

Enviii

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Verizon won't listen. Along with the other 3 big name carriers. They're in a comfortable position ripping consumers off and there's no reason for them to give in to Googles wishes when they have devices like the Gs3 which sell far better than any Nexus device ever has.

The only thing that will change the industry is If Google decides to make android closed source but they would probably loose more money then gain from that so it's never going to happen.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Vzw could care less about the Nexus line. No amount of emails will change that. They barely even push the Galaxy line. All they care about is their droid razr and our money. I think the only way we will see another nexus on vzw is if it's a Droid Razr Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else get the feeling that 4.1.1 will be the last update ever for the VZ Gnex...? Can't wait to cancel service and go prepaid...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
If you want a cutting edge device you simply can't be on a CDMA carrier, that's the bottom line. GSM gives you the flexibility to change devices at will and you can use any unlocked device without having to go through the carrier to activate it. Verizon is a control freak and needs to test their devices firmware before publicly releasing it hence the three month delay on JELLYBEAN. Then there is bloatware they install and features they omit like Google wallet that Google intends you to have. Nexus on Verizon is a horrible experience for the user and Google.

Thats the reasons why I'll never have Verizon or Sprint. I have AT&T and when I get my Nexus 4, I'll insert my SIM card and enjoy using my device as Google intended me to use it without any carrier BS and interference.

If you are a true Android/Nexus die hard you simply can't be on Verizon or Sprint.

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I could care less about this Nexus release. If I wanted a phone w/o LTE I'd just go get the iPhone 4s. And HSPA is not LTE. I also would much rather have solid reliable secure service than move myself to crappy AT&T or TMo.

spooky981

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's rules are as follows:
1) Mandatory bloat
2) Must be fit into their release schedule
3) Updates pushed at Verizon's discretion

The Galaxy Nexus was only a Nexus in that it had no manufacturer skin on it. But otherwise it had bloat, it was delayed to not interfere with the Razr's release, and updates came equally as slowly as every other Verizon phone out there. Basically it was a Nexus in name only.

The LG Nexus 4 will be a better product without Verizon's involvement.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If you want a cutting edge device you simply can't be on a CDMA carrier, that's the bottom line. GSM gives you the flexibility to change devices at will and you can use any unlocked device without having to go through the carrier to activate it. Verizon is a control freak and needs to test their devices firmware before publicly releasing it hence the three month delay on JELLYBEAN. Then there is bloatware they install and features they omit like Google wallet that Google intends you to have. Nexus on Verizon is a horrible experience for the user and Google.

Thats the reasons why I'll never have Verizon or Sprint. I have AT&T and when I get my Nexus 4, I'll insert my SIM card and enjoy using my device as Google intended me to use it without any carrier BS and interference.

If you are a true Android/Nexus die hard you simply can't be on Verizon or Sprint.

I just got a new VZW phone. I popped my Sim card in it from my old phone, and it started working a few minutes later.

Still stuck in 2008 (pre LTE) are we?

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well if they start hearing that those half a million people will switch carriers, they might start caring. Besides, the alternative is to do nothing. Personally, I'd rather try something.
Verizon has over 100 million customers. Half a million customers is rounding error to them.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got a new VZW phone. I popped my Sim card in it from my old phone, and it started working a few minutes later.

Still stuck in 2008 (pre LTE) are we?

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Take that Verizon SIM card and put it in your new Nexus 4 and tell us how it went.

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Can't because it's not a 4G phone, it's a year or two behind in technology in that regards. Why would any carrier release a smartphone, let alone a "nexus" (supposedly current technology) device that isn't 4G. Of course carriers will pass on it.

ctfrommn

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon's rules are as follows:

The Galaxy Nexus was only a Nexus in that it had no manufacturer skin on it. But otherwise it had bloat, it was delayed to not interfere with the Razr's release, and updates came equally as slowly as every other Verizon phone out there. Basically it was a Nexus in name only.

The LG Nexus 4 will be a better product without Verizon's involvement.
Indeed....why I get tired of people saying the last Nexus had LTE, how come the new one doesn't. Verizons version was no more Nexus than any other phone.....Nexus requires being carrier unlocked and direct from Google updates. Anything else is simply a shadow of the real thing.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
If true, and Verizon only sold 500,000 Galaxy Nexus phones in 12 months, that is small potatoes for them. How many Galaxy S3's have they sold since July ? I bet a ton more than 500,000 in only the past 4 months. And how many iPhone4S in the past 12 months, I bet millions ? Verizon can give two sh!ts about the Nexus, a phone that needs to be locked down, with no Verizon apps, nope they done, and don't care.

I say ditch Verizon, free yourself from their chains, and move to pre-paid. I am, come November 13

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87