n4 bad benchmarks?

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Its pre-release hardware and software.

If you really think an s4pro with 2gb won't fly, then maybe you should look elsewhere.

Seeing normal s4 best the pro, and seeing the adreno 225 gpu best the 320 is just stupid.

Its clear its buggy software

Its completely unprofessional for review sites to publish benchmarks from software they have been told isn't finished.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

If you really think an s4pro with 2gb won't fly, then maybe you should look elsewhere.

Seeing normal s4 best the pro, and seeing the adreno 225 gpu best the 320 is just stupid.

Its completely unprofessional for review sites to publish benchmarks from software they have been told isn't finished.

I hope that's the case, however google should have provided final hardware and software. I doubt much will change soon & I agree that the results are really strange. These reviews will put a lot of people off

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Benchmarks don't mean a whole lot. Real World use counts for more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I am 100% certain it is the buggy software, definitely not the hardware, unless there are flaws in the hardware itself, which I highly doubt, these are the freshest specs out there, it has to be the software

sidamos

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Apparently those are from the device whilst it's sat in the freezer. Seriously.

Crazy. I have only heard of one phone so far with heavy thermal throttling, I think it was the HTC One X. What is Google thinking? Can't they design a phone that can run full speed for several minutes?

I guess, not only the benchmarks will trigger the throttle. Probably games, too. Let's hope, this is a pre-release thing. On the other hand, why should the hardware not be final 2 weeks before release?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
The phone is not slow. The battery life is not bad. And the software, while definitely pre-release, isn't all THAT buggy. (That's not so say I haven't seen bugs.)

Repeat after me: Benchmarks are just numbers.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The phone is not slow. The battery life is not bad. And the software, while definitely pre-release, isn't all THAT buggy. (That's not so say I haven't seen bugs.)

Repeat after me: Benchmarks are just numbers.
No. No. Benchmarks are more than just numbers. We want the fastest (Kinda like athletes from my country :D), push the phone faster and for longer

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Uggg, another "benchmark" thread. Please, get the phone and just try it yourself on the apps YOU actually use and how YOU use the phone. Benchmarks alone should NEVER make people buy/not buy a phone. Yes, they are useful "statistics", but just that. Means ZERO to the everyday life of 99.9% of smartphone users.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Uggg, another "benchmark" thread. Please, get the phone and just try it yourself on the apps YOU actually use and how YOU use the phone. Benchmarks alone should NEVER make people buy/not buy a phone. Yes, they are useful "statistics", but just that. Means ZERO to the everyday life of 99.9% of smartphone users.
Mind you 30% of that 99% or more goes for pretty ads *cough* apple.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

But... But.... It is pure Android

/end snark

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Something I noticed in the Anandtech Preview is that they claim the iPhone 5 has the best battery life of all devices while running on LTE. This may very well be true under test conditions but I think we all know how LTE affects battery life during the day in the real world.

As far as I've heard from iphone 5 users on my facebook news feed, it's nothing but complaints of shortened battery life and how they have to turn LTE off.

So, stats are one thing, and I'm not saying they're necessarily true or false, but as a reader, we need to put it into perspective a little.