• 1 Post By svfd757
  • 6 Post By Phil Nickinson
  • 1 Post By sinistar25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Default n4 bad benchmarks?

the performance of this phone overall seems really bad

not only the CPU, but the GPU and the battery life too - I'm really surprised, not what I was expecting at all, it's being beaten by phones which were released at the beginning of the year :S

Default Re: n4 bad benchmarks?

Benchmarks are stupid.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

So is a non lte Nexus phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

I'm not sure if i trust benchmarks because Apple seriously cannot win everything.
    Thanked by:

Its pre-release hardware and software.

If you really think an s4pro with 2gb won't fly, then maybe you should look elsewhere.

Seeing normal s4 best the pro, and seeing the adreno 225 gpu best the 320 is just stupid.

Its clear its buggy software

Its completely unprofessional for review sites to publish benchmarks from software they have been told isn't finished.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    Ricky2009 and AbbaiG like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post

If you really think an s4pro with 2gb won't fly, then maybe you should look elsewhere.

Seeing normal s4 best the pro, and seeing the adreno 225 gpu best the 320 is just stupid.

Its completely unprofessional for review sites to publish benchmarks from software they have been told isn't finished.

I hope that's the case, however google should have provided final hardware and software. I doubt much will change soon & I agree that the results are really strange. These reviews will put a lot of people off

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Benchmarks don't mean a whole lot. Real World use counts for more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!
    nickacs likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I am 100% certain it is the buggy software, definitely not the hardware, unless there are flaws in the hardware itself, which I highly doubt, these are the freshest specs out there, it has to be the software

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

FYI.. I am chalking it up to software as well.. Finally a review that shows how awesome the nexus 4 will be.
    Google Android Affectionado

Updated results soon

Quote Originally Posted by Juduth View Post
    Updated results soon
    Apparently those are from the device whilst it's sat in the freezer. Seriously.
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barguast View Post
    So thermal throttling? Is there anyway that a software update fixes this or is it a hardware issue?

Great for esquimals

Global Posts
    663 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barguast View Post
    Crazy. I have only heard of one phone so far with heavy thermal throttling, I think it was the HTC One X. What is Google thinking? Can't they design a phone that can run full speed for several minutes?

I guess, not only the benchmarks will trigger the throttle. Probably games, too. Let's hope, this is a pre-release thing. On the other hand, why should the hardware not be final 2 weeks before release?
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

The phone is not slow. The battery life is not bad. And the software, while definitely pre-release, isn't all THAT buggy. (That's not so say I haven't seen bugs.)

Repeat after me: Benchmarks are just numbers.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    The phone is not slow. The battery life is not bad. And the software, while definitely pre-release, isn't all THAT buggy. (That's not so say I haven't seen bugs.)

Repeat after me: Benchmarks are just numbers.
    No. No. Benchmarks are more than just numbers. We want the fastest (Kinda like athletes from my country ), push the phone faster and for longer

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

Uggg, another "benchmark" thread. Please, get the phone and just try it yourself on the apps YOU actually use and how YOU use the phone. Benchmarks alone should NEVER make people buy/not buy a phone. Yes, they are useful "statistics", but just that. Means ZERO to the everyday life of 99.9% of smartphone users.

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Uggg, another "benchmark" thread. Please, get the phone and just try it yourself on the apps YOU actually use and how YOU use the phone. Benchmarks alone should NEVER make people buy/not buy a phone. Yes, they are useful "statistics", but just that. Means ZERO to the everyday life of 99.9% of smartphone users.
    Mind you 30% of that 99% or more goes for pretty ads *cough* apple.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post

But... But.... It is pure Android

/end snark

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Something I noticed in the Anandtech Preview is that they claim the iPhone 5 has the best battery life of all devices while running on LTE. This may very well be true under test conditions but I think we all know how LTE affects battery life during the day in the real world.

As far as I've heard from iphone 5 users on my facebook news feed, it's nothing but complaints of shortened battery life and how they have to turn LTE off.

So, stats are one thing, and I'm not saying they're necessarily true or false, but as a reader, we need to put it into perspective a little.

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    +1

I think I'm going to hold out on the N4 until I read some final product reviews first. I was going to order it on the 13th until I heard of the thermal throttling/heat issues/nasty battery life on anandtech's site. Pretty sad when all the other phones can perform those tests with no problems. Hopefully it's just a software issue or something they can quickly fix on the hardware side(such as drilling some extra holes to help it cool off better lol).
    dbareis likes this.