Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    teslapod's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default Straight Talk and Simplemobile micro sims

    I am going to get a Nexus 4 and sign up with Straight Talk or Simple mobile. Their websites seem to offer only full-size sims for t-mobile but full-size and micro sims for AT&T. I want a t-mobile micro sim for the HSPA+42. Do I buy the full size t-mobile sim and trim it to micro size or am I missing something on their websites?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Straight Talk and Simplemobile micro sims

    Quote Originally Posted by teslapod View Post
    I am going to get a Nexus 4 and sign up with Straight Talk or Simple mobile. Their websites seem to offer only full-size sims for t-mobile but full-size and micro sims for AT&T. I want a t-mobile micro sim for the HSPA+42. Do I buy the full size t-mobile sim and trim it to micro size or am I missing something on their websites?
    Buy full and cut it....they don't offer Micro yet. At least ST doesn't for sure.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
  3. #3  
    Mugler Infusion's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

    Default Re: Straight Talk and Simplemobile micro sims

    I bought a full sim from T-Mobile to use in my current phone for prepaid but you can either cut it yourself, there are videos for this or do what I did and order a cutter off ebay now so if you are unsure and don't want to make a bad mistake in the cutting yourself with scissors, it cost me $3.99 and comes with 4 adapters and this is what retailers pretty much use when they convert the sims to micro sims.
  4. #4  
    TheUI's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Jailbroken - Stock

    Default Re: Straight Talk and Simplemobile micro sims

    Check out the pre-paid answers thread.

    Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Straight Talk and Simplemobile micro sims

    buy a $4 SIM cutter. Don't feel like downloading/reuploading pictures here, but here's my cut ST SIM. Works fine.

    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T
  6. #6  
    nickacs's Avatar

    Posts
    346 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

    Default Re: Straight Talk and Simplemobile micro sims

    TMobile website does offer Micro SIM's only. I just bought mine today and then when I get the Nexus 4, I just log back on and go to the Active SIM page. At that time I will be picking the $30/month plan to test it out. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  7. #7  

    Default Re: Straight Talk and Simplemobile micro sims

    Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    TMobile website does offer Micro SIM's only. I just bought mine today and then when I get the Nexus 4, I just log back on and go to the Active SIM page. At that time I will be picking the $30/month plan to test it out. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Right, but that's if he wants T-Mobile service. He's talking Straight Talk or Simple Mobile.
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T
  8. #8  
    nickacs's Avatar

    Posts
    346 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

    Default Re: Straight Talk and Simplemobile micro sims

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    Right, but that's if he wants T-Mobile service. He's talking Straight Talk or Simple Mobile.
    Ah gotcha, sorry!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Straight Talk and Simplemobile micro sims

    I bought this unlocked ATT Pantech Burst from a friend, and got simple mobile...it fell n a sewer.
    I now have an unlocked ATT HTC One X, but I can't get simple mobile on it. Why it worked on the first ATT phone, I will never work. So instead I got T-Mobile's nationwide $50 Unlimited, thinking I was gonna have unlimited 4G for 50 a month..
    My main reason of posting here is to find out what plan is the best for an unlocked ATT HTC ONE X. I don't have to have 4g..but at least 3g...unlimited 3g. Not "up to 4g speeds". Can someone help with this? I don't want to sell my precious phone, but this sucky unlimited eveything T-Mobile plan w/first 100MB at "up to 4g speeds" then the first 100mb is gone usually before first day is up, 2g internet speed w/out MMS and Nav/Maps is not cutting it.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Straight Talk and Simplemobile micro sims

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelden Carter View Post
    [...] got T-Mobile's nationwide $50 Unlimited, thinking I was gonna have unlimited 4G for 50 a month..
    M [..]but this sucky unlimited eveything T-Mobile plan w/first 100MB at "up to 4g speeds" then the first 100mb is gone usually before first day is up, 2g internet speed w/out MMS and Nav/Maps is not cutting it.
    That $50 plan is more for people that want unlimited voice but probably couldn't care less about data. If you care more about data than voice, then they have a $30 plan that is 5GB of data at 4g speed but only 100 minutes of voice.

    They also have a $60 plan that's unlimited voice and 2GB of data, or $70 for unlimited everything.

    Sounds like you're interested in lots of data, so not sure why you picked the plan you did over all the others they have.

    This pages spells all their prepaid plans out...
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Straight Talk and Simplemobile micro sims

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelden Carter View Post
    someone help with this? I don't want to sell my precious phone, but this sucky unlimited eveything T-Mobile plan w/first 100MB at "up to 4g speeds" then the first 100mb is gone usually before first day is up, 2g internet speed w/out MMS and Nav/Maps is not cutting it.
    Have you considered Solavei - your complaints are one of the reasons I went with them. They are a T-Mobile MVNO. It's $49 for unlimited talk/text/data (unthrottled first 4GB).

    They are also doing a referral program that can effectively lower this rate - it's optional.

    For me this was the best deal. (I couldn't make the 100 minute $30 plan work.) I've been happy with them. I'll do my best to answer any questions.


    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Ask me about Solavei.

Similar Threads

  1. Considering PrePaid and Jumping Ship with AT&T to Straight Talk SIM
    By SteveCampsOut in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 02:07 PM
  2. Straight Talk and AT&T Galaxy S3...yes, it works
    By MannyZ28 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 08:15 AM
  3. whats the catch for straight talk and services like it?
    By MrProph in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 09:12 PM
  4. Straight Talk and T-mobile on Galaxy Nexus at same time
    By kryptalivian in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
  5. straight talk and gsm nexus
    By oilmud in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

B