Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it worth waiting for the LG Optimus G ?

I've just been reading about the LG Optimus G, which is the basis for the Nexus 4. Apparently it will be coming to Uk in early 2013.....how different is it and will it be much more expensive .

Cas

Default Re: Is it worth waiting for the LG Optimus G ?

Quote Originally Posted by caslad66 View Post
    I've just been reading about the LG Optimus G, which is the basis for the Nexus 4. Apparently it will be coming to Uk in early 2013.....how different is it and will it be much more expensive .

Cas
    They are very close to the same. The price will likely be much higher, I'm in US so can't rly comment on UK prices. But it'll have a skinned version of Android that in about 6 ish months when KLP comes out, it'll likely never see. Its slightly smaller and lighter I believe. It'll have expandable storage and maybe LTE depending on if any carriers there at all have started deploying LTE handsets or not.

I think best case scenario you'll see it roughly $550 off contract? It's not worth waiting imo.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I kind of of agree, in addtition I prefer the design/looks of the Nexus 4 ...theres a nice video on you tube by the Verge if you havent already seen it . I have a Nexus 7 and am sorely tempted to sell it and get a Nexus 10.

If your on a good phone at the moment and you have the finances available, go for. Value wise if your provide doesn't have LTE not the best choice.

I kind of of agree, in addtition I prefer the design/looks of the Nexus 4 ...theres a nice video on you tube by the Verge if you havent already seen it . I have a Nexus 7 and am sorely tempted to sell it and get a Nexus 10.
    Having Nexus on the back is enough reason for me.

But tbh idk about selling the 7 for a 10. I think they both have their places in the household. I won't ever be getting rid of my N7. I love this thing, the backing feels simply amazing and I haven't had any problems with mine except some random screen sensitivity problem that seems like it might have been fixed. If I had a use for a 10 in. tab I would grab it in a heartbeat though, I'd just keep both.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
    Having Nexus on the back is enough reason for me.

But tbh idk about selling the 7 for a 10. I think they both have their places in the household. I won't ever be getting rid of my N7. I love this thing, the backing feels simply amazing and I haven't had any problems with mine except some random screen sensitivity problem that seems like it might have been fixed. If I had a use for a 10 in. tab I would grab it in a heartbeat though, I'd just keep both.
    LoL I tend to agree with you also.....I think the 7" tablet size is ideal for havimg around the house to grab at an instant and handy for using in bed , perhaps I might just give the 10 " a miss, After all, if I really want to have a bigger screen then the laptop is even better.

Regarding the touchy /feely back of the Nexus 7, I like it too but in order to not have to keep wiping finger marks off it and the screen, I invested in the Poetic folio cover/case, I highly recommend it.

LoL I tend to agree with you also.....I think the 7" tablet size is ideal for havimg around the house to grab at an instant and handy for using in bed , perhaps I might just give the 10 " a miss, After all, if I really want to have a bigger screen then the laptop is even better.
    I might not mind the 10 for my bed side but idk, the N7 is very simple to hold while there and I think the 10 is sorta unneeded. I generally keep the N7 there and browse before bed(Correction it keeps me up an extra 2 hours)but I also drop it in my pocket and head downstairs and I'm able to have it while I'm watching TV etc. I probably wouldn't have much use for the 10" other than the impressive stats and somewhat impressive price point.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
    I might not mind the 10 for my bed side but idk, the N7 is very simple to hold while there and I think the 10 is sorta unneeded. I generally keep the N7 there and browse before bed(Correction it keeps me up an extra 2 hours)but I also drop it in my pocket and head downstairs and I'm able to have it while I'm watching TV etc. I probably wouldn't have much use for the 10" other than the impressive stats and somewhat impressive price point.
    I just hope the 10" can give the iPad a bashing over Xmas lol