Swapping phones and numbers on Verizon/T-mobile

dtm8119

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey Folks.....so here's my plan and a question. I currently have the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon, and my Wife has a plan with T-mobile that is ready for renewing (past the 2 year contract date). What we want to do is transfer her phone number, to the Verizon plan and have her use my Galaxy Nexus, and then transfer my number to the T-mobile plan and get on the month to month plan and purchase the N4 thru Google.

Do you have any advice for the simplest way to do something like this?

I'm thinking....

1. buy N4
2. when the phone arrives, cancel her Tmobile account, then call Verizon and have her number changed to my account. This wouldn't affect anything on the Verizon account though, right? I currently have unlimited data, and some great discounts through my work...
3. get in touch with Tmobile and start up a month to month plan.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey Folks.....so here's my plan and a question. I currently have the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon, and my Wife has a plan with T-mobile that is ready for renewing (past the 2 year contract date). What we want to do is transfer her phone number, to the Verizon plan and have her use my Galaxy Nexus, and then transfer my number to the T-mobile plan and get on the month to month plan and purchase the N4 thru Google.

Do you have any advice for the simplest way to do something like this?

I'm thinking....

1. buy N4
2. when the phone arrives, cancel her Tmobile account, then call Verizon and have her number changed to my account. This wouldn't affect anything on the Verizon account though, right? I currently have unlimited data, and some great discounts through my work...
3. get in touch with Tmobile and start up a month to month plan.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

From a technical point its possible, but from reality its probably not going to happen. Once you port out a number you cancel the line, so when she ports her T-Mo number to your line then your phone number goes back into the pool to be handed out again.

Unfortunately it would be dangerous to try but if CS could help you it could technically be possible. Its probable they will mess it up though.

Only way I would do this is if you are ok with you losing your phone number, but your plan would work the best. DON'T cancel the T-Mo account though because then her number goes back into the pool. Port her number to Verizon first, then attempt to get your number back from the pool of numbers.