Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fleury14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Default LG want to bump price up!

Interesting story lg want to sell the nexus for a lot more than Google do, apparently twice as much. Spanish version of car phone warehouse will now not sell the phone. Crazy...wonder if this will happen in UK or US.

http://www.androidcentral.com/spanis...rounds-pricing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: LG want to bump price up!

who cares about online retailers, if its sold in playstore with the same cheap price. I would go with playstore.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    who cares about online retailers, if its sold in playstore with the same cheap price. I would go with playstore.
    Yeah, but not all of us have those opportunities. If you life for example in the Czech Republic you can't buy it from the play store, because it's just restricted in this country.
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I read that too, makes me think that you better hop on Google Play Store and get one as soon as it comes out, it may be a limited time offer and then when that time is gone it is bumped up to $600 or so?

I don't think that is going to happen, but I was surprised that they didn't first come out at $399 instead of $299, Google and LG has to make a profit somewhere and I don't think selling Cloud services isn't going to be the in thing either.

All I know is that LG is most likely doing this with Google to promote there business, and probably spread the word of mouth for LG to promote other offerings as well, I just know that I really didn't want an iPhone or a Samsung phone because of the stink their nasty lawsuit has brought, I was going to get a Galaxy Note but it didn't work out for me and I was real uneasy about maybe they would be eventually banned anyway, but thankfully Google is coming out with Nexus 4, I will get it and be very happy it is under $400 and spend the extra that I was willing to pay for the Galaxy Note to better protect my investment such as a heavy duty hybrid case when they are available.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Think why is Google selling so cheap? Because is there phone there store there contract they did with lg. If some other store wants to negotiation a deal with lg good luck. $600 is a normal price point for this. Hell maybe Google decided to sell so cheap because there going to loose a big piece of the customer base they built. That 1% Google had with gnex is going to drop to I bet .05% folks want lte. Guess its time to check out windows8 they have more sense then Google does with carriers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

One would think that since Google is basically subsidizing it in the play store and making up for it in content sales, LG doesn't have that luxury.
    No big deal really.
    paul-c likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Think why is Google selling so cheap? Because is there phone there store there contract they did with lg. If some other store wants to negotiation a deal with lg good luck. $600 is a normal price point for this. Hell maybe Google decided to sell so cheap because there going to loose a big piece of the customer base they built. That 1% Google had with gnex is going to drop to I bet .05% folks want lte. Guess its time to check out windows8 they have more sense then Google does with carriers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    do you think that the 1% google build with Gnexus all had lte?? only Verizon had lte and the rest are just GSM HSPA 21+
    Verizon gnexus sold very very few(maybe 0.05) compared to GSM. Google wont lose a lot of customer but with this price Google will make more customer base.
    This Nexus 4 forum is one example. I see many BB,Iphone users post here with questions about Nexus 4 to move to Nexus.