Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Currently have AT&T Unlimited 3G, do I need to upgrade to a 4G plan?

Hey everyone, So I've had the AT&T Unlimited 3G plan since the N1.
    I'm looking to finally upgrading to the N4, but have one question that I can't seem to find a certain answer to.
    I'm wondering if I will need to upgrade my 3G plan to a 4G plan or if my current 3G plan will be able access the HSPA+ speeds.
    I ask this because AT&T refers to HSPA+ as 4G and LTE as 4G LTE.

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Currently have AT&T Unlimited 3G, do I need to upgrade to a 4G plan?

Just put the SIM in your phone. They may have to re-provision it for full HSPA+ speeds if you've never used an HSPA+ device before, but you shouldn't have to change your plan.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Currently have AT&T Unlimited 3G, do I need to upgrade to a 4G plan?

You should be able to provide your IMEI to AT&T and get the proper provisioning that way. AT&T's sales system recognizes all of Google's phones and adds the data plans accordingly. I just saw the GT-I9250 on a customer's account yesterday. He was surprised I had the same phone.

You will be able to hold onto your unlimited plan. They will just need to provision the phone in the system so you van get the speeds. But it will still be unlimited.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!