Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 9 Post By blackmannx#AC
  • 2 Post By Jerry Hildenbrand
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

Default Of Nexi and that pesky missing G

This "why doesn’t the nexus 4 have LTE" speculation back and forth is becoming annoying..

The nexus program was not designed for the fastest highest spec devices. it was designed to showcase what Android is currently and what’s possible. The Gnex has been called the fake nexus, the almost nexus whatever... it’s a nexus because GOOGLE says it is.. its supported and even with closed source LTE bits it continues to be.

But in order to continue with the nexus line in the way Google wants which is one device for all, the 4 was designed without LTE. Will that change? who knows? are carriers welcome to request a device? sure.. Will they want to is the question..

Think people are giving Google too much credit for this whole "they choose not to work with verizon" line.. Google covets eyeballs so anything that gets more of them on Google services while preventing Apple from gaining those eyes is a win for them. So not having their showcase on the US's  biggest carrier is more than a pissing contest over updates.. "do no evil" has been changed to "post no losses" for awhile now..

maybe Verizon got tired of supporting all these busted up Gnex's that got tore up installing Pandarom 11.9 (now 12.9% faster) or maybe they looked at their line up and saw there is no room at the inn or maybe they are a bunch of evil soul sucking bastards that hate Android and love apple.. or maybe they made a choice as a company to not allow open devices and locked bootloaders and nexus don’t mix? 

just maybe it’s none or all of the above and we will never know.

Heck sprint isnt getting it ether.. think google is mad at them too?    Take the Tinfoil off.. its cutting off circulation..

If you want a nexus 4 then get one.. throw it on  pre-paid or heck use it on wifi and tether your Verizon droid whatever and get the best of both worlds...

Your still getting an amazing device for an amazing price.

So just get one..

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Default Re: Of Nexi and that pesky missing G

Agreed late means locked down by the carriers so what!! Would you want Google updates now or wait till the carrier says it can go months after the updates released?? Sadly it's a trade off bottom line it's money!! Google is sending a messege. It is a pissing contest bro. I just hope they just learn to play nicely and we get true nexus with carrier support. I just simply don't understand one thing those why can't they simply license the late or cdma for nexus devices? I mean its propriatary code so a license would make sense wouldn't it??
    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    Agreed late means locked down by the carriers so what!! Would you want Google updates now or wait till the carrier says it can go months after the updates released?? Sadly it's a trade off bottom line it's money!! Google is sending a messege. It is a pissing contest bro. I just hope they just learn to play nicely and we get true nexus with carrier support. I just simply don't understand one thing those why can't they simply license the late or cdma for nexus devices? I mean its propriatary code so a license would make sense wouldn't it??
    LoL you said late, my Google keyboard keeps wanting to change LTE to late also.....think their trying to admit to something?
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

Lol
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x

The thing is people shouldn't worry about who is selling the phone, google is and you can get it through there cheaply. So at the end of the day its not them screwing over providers but making sure everyone can use their product. I am not sure, no offence, with the America's complaining about whose going to sell it... where I am from if you want the phone look hard enough and you can get it. Most of the people i know actually skip the carriers and go off ebay. I found that its cheaper from eBay unlocked then buying the locked version for prepaid with most phones. I find the USA gets their phones cheaper alot cheaper then in Aus. I am not sure about your provider issues, tend to ignore as in Australia most the providers have the same stock and well frankly the smart ones don't get it from the physical stores but the trusted online.

Great phone, I don't see what the complaints about LTE & Providers, I think people should just buy the phone then deal with the providers.

Cool story Bro
    No LTE, No BUY.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    blackmannx#AC and nickacs like this.

Everyone could just buy what they like and not worry about other people's reasons they do or don't buy something.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

I always called my Verizon Galaxy Nexus the Pnex. Short for Pretend Nexus.

I look forward to ordering the Nexus 4 and finally having a device that is free from carrier or OEM modifications and isn't controlled by Verizon or any other carrier.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Yea its such a discrase can't get updates with out their messing it up just push the damn thing you buy a nexus strictly for that and they have to make you wait for it to push other phones to tempt you sigh we are not people to them but a pile of cash and they want it all