Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default selling out?

    Ok so on all the Android forums everyone is talking about this phone and buying it as soon as the lines open. Does everyone else know about this phone? what are the chances of it selling out on the first day and if it does how long before you can order it again. Did the galaxy nexus sell out? I just really want this phone and since I'm relying on someone else to order it I want to make sure they do it fast enough.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: selling out?

    Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    Ok so on all the Android forums everyone is talking about this phone and buying it as soon as the lines open. Does everyone else know about this phone? what are the chances of it selling out on the first day and if it does how long before you can order it again. Did the galaxy nexus sell out? I just really want this phone and since I'm relying on someone else to order it I want to make sure they do it fast enough.
    [NEW] Nexus 4- $299 (8GB) / $349 (16GB) - Page 87 - Slickdeals.net

    87 pages and counting.....

    It'll sell a decent amount but if Google is even slightly prepared it won't go as far as selling out. The GN afaik never sold out, even when it went to the Play store. But they did have that little legal battle that held shipping up for 2 weeks or so.

    Without knowing what kind of stock Google has on hand its hard to say whether enough will sell to make them all go away. But I kinda doubt it. Still, I'm not taking any chances. First chance I get it'll be ordered.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
    MERCDROID likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: selling out?

    It will probably be out of stock at some point within the first few days but probably not for long

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: selling out?

    As long a it doesn't sell out the first day I'll be happy. And it better not take weeks to ship.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: selling out?

    The Nexus 7 sold pretty fast, not iPhone or GS3 fast but fast. Of course, you have to remember that the N7 was $100 cheaper ($150 since most people will buy the 16GB), many people didnt have a tablet, and the fact it was a tablet meant that people can buy it w/o worrying about ETFs on contracts, what carrier to go to, if it'll be available on their carrier (Verizon and Sprint coustomers who dont wanna leave), etc. I doubt this phone will sell out in the first day or two. Worst case scenario the 16GB runs out faster and in 3 days I'd say. But I'm no expert on this stuff.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: selling out?

    Comparing it to the iPhone is kinda silly. When an Apple product sells out it's most likely planned by them, at least it managed to stay in the news for weeks that way.
    I kinda doubt that the Nexus 4 will sell out, the phone's most likely in production for weeks already and Google took another two weeks after the official announcement to get hold of many devices.
    Then again it could depend on the location as well. I honestly don't fear that it will sell out, I fear that it will take ages to ship, especially if they don't have the resources to deal with the (probably) high demand of this phone.
    Ziptied likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: selling out?

    Quote Originally Posted by vanhoud View Post
    It will probably be out of stock at some point within the first few days but probably not for long

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Google would have learned it lesson from Nexus 7. They has gotten better with inventory and shipping.
    I would say they will not sellout and they know that the demands for the phone is high by now and would make phones to meet the demand.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: selling out?

    Quote Originally Posted by mazzmoney95 View Post
    The Nexus 7 sold pretty fast, not iPhone or GS3 fast but fast. Of course, you have to remember that the N7 was $100 cheaper ($150 since most people will buy the 16GB), many people didnt have a tablet, and the fact it was a tablet meant that people can buy it w/o worrying about ETFs on contracts, what carrier to go to, if it'll be available on their carrier (Verizon and Sprint coustomers who dont wanna leave), etc. I doubt this phone will sell out in the first day or two. Worst case scenario the 16GB runs out faster and in 3 days I'd say. But I'm no expert on this stuff.
    Did Nexus 7 sell out at any point since it went on sale?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: selling out?

    No one knows what the order status will look like or how many they have to sell. Conversely, no one really knows what the demand is like.

    We'll find out in a little over a week.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
  10. #10  

    Default Re: selling out?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Did Nexus 7 sell out at any point since it went on sale?
    As far as I remember it sold in waves. People who pre ordered before a certain date got theirs delivered on release and people who did it after had to wait 1-2 weeks. I dont think it ever was "sold out" because they only had enough for the pre orders. Thats only the play store, I have no idea about what Gamestop and Staples did.
  11. #11  
    duke1231's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

    Default Re: selling out?

    ahhhhhh!!!!! i can't take the wait!!!! Please google sell the phone today!!! please!!!
    Thanked by:
    pugnuttt likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: selling out?

    I know right! I feel stupid getting this excited about a phone! But I just can't help it!
    Thanked by:
    Mac58 and pugnuttt like this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: selling out?

    I'm calling dibs...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: selling out?

    I call shotgun...
    MrVivekB likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: selling out?

    Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    I know right! I feel stupid getting this excited about a phone! But I just can't help it!
    couldnt agree more!!!
    MERCDROID likes this.
  16. #16  
    duke1231's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    couldnt agree more!!!
    The price is just to amazing for a phone this sweet!! What a beautiful phone it is!! This is going to be such a long week!!
    MERCDROID likes this.
  17. #17  
    MERCDROID's Avatar

    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: selling out?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke1231 View Post
    The price is just to amazing for a phone this sweet!! What a beautiful phone it is!! This is going to be such a long week!!
    I know man! I'm actually going to jump for the 8GB one. At $299, I can't pass that up. I'm gonna miss my S3, but I can't wait to try out the pure Google experience, and to finally be free from Verizon's clutches.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: selling out?

    Long week? I hope that's all it is! I hope I order it on Tuesday and have it by Friday. If I have to wait longer than that I will flip clean out!
  19. #19  
    zenitram_27's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1/Tiamat 4.0.8

    Default Re: selling out?

    Still rocking my evo 4G on sprint. Contract is up in June but I'm seriously considering the ETF for this.
  20. #20  
    duke1231's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    Long week? I hope that's all it is! I hope I order it on Tuesday and have it by Friday. If I have to wait longer than that I will flip clean out!
    Lol!! I know, can't talk about it with the wife, because I talked about it so much, she is about to choke me out I hope I have it by Friday as well.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: selling out?

    Quote Originally Posted by zenitram_27 View Post
    Still rocking my evo 4G on sprint. Contract is up in June but I'm seriously considering the ETF for this.
    my contract ends august next year. I already made up my mind. I am getting Nexus 4
  22. #22  

    Default Re: selling out?

    I am hoping Google doesn't underestimate how many people want this device BUT it would be more newsworthy to find out (at least for Google) that the Nexus 4 sold out. I don't know man... I just want one :-)
  23. #23  
    rickydavis1051's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

    Default Re: selling out?

    Damn, I hope I get this phone ASAP when I order it!!!!! SO PUMPED!
  24. #24  

    Default Re: selling out?

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    couldnt agree more!!!

    Im feeling so excited as well. I lost my galaxy S1 a week ago and am holding out for this!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: selling out?

    Does Google do 2-3 day shipping assuming there's no hold up?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lines at the stores -- Looks like the Nexus is selling out!
    By skwon09 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 03:01 PM
  2. Phone selling out?
    By KillerG in forum Droid Bionic
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 11:37 PM
  3. Thunderbolt out selling iPhone 4 at VZW stores
    By 2CupsWithString in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 03:19 PM
  4. Do you think the Epic will sell out on first day?
    By androidjunkie30 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 09:49 AM
  5. After Iphone 4 Announcement EVO Sells Out (Fortune)
    By vikingjunior in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 09:01 PM

Posting Permissions