Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ragnarokx
  • 1 Post By Mellimel22
  • 1 Post By ryanr509
  • 1 Post By ryanr509
  • 1 Post By Mellimel22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up 74% says LTE doesn't matter.

You would think with all the sledging this beautiful phone is getting for not having LTE that the majority wants it.
    CNET Australia begs to differ, mind you this poll is only a few hours old. Poll: does the Nexus 4 need 4G? - Smartphones & PDA Phones It displays how they also view it doesn't matter and why. Even though its a bit short I think some fans here will like they reassurance.

Default Re: 74% says LTE doesn't matter.

On a worldwide scale, not having LTE probably isn't that big a deal. That won't stop people from asking for it in places like the U.S., however.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

In the u.s if your with a company like tmobile while you get fast non LTE speeds you sacrifice other things like call quality and reception and prepaid is great but you would have to pay for your phone at full price and not all phones are cheap like the nexus 4

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am interest in seeing how the Nexus pans out after the release. I know a lot of my mates try to turn off their LTE on their own mobiles (mainly Iphone 5) because of the battery concerns. I see the needs to LTE in my own state, as I live within 5km from a city but Western Aus has a large rural and LTE networks are better for coverage heading out, but I guess its a matter of time till more networks adopt it and it becoming more available. In my country they do a $5 a month contract etc for payback, I've worked it out, it actually ends up costing more getting the handset through carriers here on most providers due to the contract, with the exception of the elite phones.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Plus lte is really only big in the us really I'm pretty sure its in other countries but Americans embrace it more imo but wit bigger batteries and wireless portable and solar chargers available now lte is a must on phones 2012 and up battery drainer or not

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    blaze5 likes this.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Plus lte is really only big in the us really I'm pretty sure its in other countries but Americans embrace it more imo but wit bigger batteries and wireless portable and solar chargers available now lte is a must on phones 2012 and up battery drainer or not

I agree with this if the battery technology improved people wouldn't care about LTE I guess with LTE some people need it (Sprint Verizon users in the u.s) and others in the u.s and all over the world with hspa+ its just a bonus

I only travel between Canada using Koodo & the US using T-Mobile so I'm fine with it as-is. My only concern is the glass on the back...I'll probably have to get my first cover. :-(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    In the u.s if your with a company like tmobile while you get fast non LTE speeds you sacrifice other things like call quality and reception and prepaid is great but you would have to pay for your phone at full price and not all phones are cheap like the nexus 4

Even if the phone cost another $300 u still save a ton on prepaid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    Fairclough likes this.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Yea but can you roam and have coverage everywhere this is important to me because after its still a phone lol

And ppl on sprint/Verizon with CDMA topping out at 3.1mbps I could understand wanting lte. GSM users with hspa+ probably don't care as much about lte because we are getting up to 15mbps on the enhanced 3g. Personally in my hometown I average 3-6 mbps download. On Verizon I averaged about 1.5mbps.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    And ppl on sprint/Verizon with CDMA topping out at 3.1mbps I could understand wanting lte. GSM users with hspa+ probably don't care as much about lte because we are getting up to 15mbps on the enhanced 3g. Personally in my hometown I average 3-6 mbps download. On Verizon I averaged about 1.5mbps.

3.1mbps not with Sprint lol I'm so fed up with sprint I'm making the switch to at&t

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    3.1mbps not with Sprint lol I'm so fed up with sprint I'm making the switch to at&t

3.1mbps is Max lol I came from sprint and would get about 200kbps with full bars. Then went to Verizon which I actually really liked but couldn't understand paying $120+ for one smartphone. Now I'm on straight talk couldn't be happier

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

3.1mbps is Max lol I came from sprint and would get about 200kbps with full bars. Then went to Verizon which I actually really liked but couldn't understand paying $120+ for one smartphone. Now I'm on straight talk couldn't be happier

Lol I think for the nexus 4 ill try straighttalk or go with the note 2 on at&t

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Jailbroken - Stock

Has anyone noticed how AT&T handles the 4G spin cycle in their campaign against VZW?

They do it by calling it 4G, because the speeds of HSPA+ and LTE (in day to day use) are hardly enough to even consider at this stage in the game.

Certain media outlets and the VZW are scrambling to convince everyone that LTE is drop dead no holds barred noticeably faster than anything else.

Well, okay. But let me ask you this; on 8 down or better (typical HSPA+ speeds) does your HD YouTube stream ever wobble? No? Mine either. The Nexus 4 is a great device for the 1-2 year forecast, and that has carriers upset.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    I only travel between Canada using Koodo & the US using T-Mobile so I'm fine with it as-is. My only concern is the glass on the back...I'll probably have to get my first cover. :-(

Try a bumper, apparently it will lift it high enough off the back so the back doesnt touch tables etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Try a bumper, apparently it will lift it high enough off the back so the back doesnt touch tables etc.
    In one of the reviews I read it said something about taking keys coins and trying to scratch it and it wouldn't scratch

Fairclough likes this.

In one of the reviews I read it said something about taking keys coins and trying to scratch it and it wouldn't scratch
    I meant for dropping as a few review units have already reported being cracked after a single drop.

My naked GNex slammed hard screen-down then slid with all my weight on it across rough cement to brace my fall on steps and miraculously only suffered a minor cosmetic scratch under the LED indicator but I won't take a chance with the Nexus 4 going naked so I'll get a case, though nothing like an Otterbox that's for sure!

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

My wimax avg around 10mb DL and us cdma users don't have the luxury of hspa+ to fall back on lol

TheUI likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,561 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    You would think with all the sledging this beautiful phone is getting for not having LTE that the majority wants it.
    CNET Australia begs to differ, mind you this poll is only a few hours old. Poll: does the Nexus 4 need 4G? - Smartphones & PDA Phones It displays how they also view it doesn't matter and why. Even though its a bit short I think some fans here will like they reassurance.
    Yet US-based reviewers knock the Nexus 4 for not having an LTE option.

I still don't know why people are mad that US-based reviewers called no LTE a con.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,561 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OpenShare View Post
    Has anyone noticed how AT&T handles the 4G spin cycle in their campaign against VZW?

They do it by calling it 4G, because the speeds of HSPA+ and LTE (in day to day use) are hardly enough to even consider at this stage in the game.

Certain media outlets and the VZW are scrambling to convince everyone that LTE is drop dead no holds barred noticeably faster than anything else.

Well, okay. But let me ask you this; on 8 down or better (typical HSPA+ speeds) does your HD YouTube stream ever wobble? No? Mine either. The Nexus 4 is a great device for the 1-2 year forecast, and that has carriers upset.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    This muddies things up a bit too.

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums