Can the Nexus play everygame in the marketplace?

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I heard a lot of Android Fragmentation and stuff but I imagine that because of the Quad-core processor, the phone shouldn't had a problem playing those intense 3D games?

I ask because I was just looking at the Play store and when I got into the game seccion my jaw drip to the floor. (Angry Bird Space free!! Temple Run free!, Asphalt 7 99cents). That Asphalt game really looks good and I'll like to play 3D intensive games.

Bonus question: 8GBs is enough for games right?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I heard a lot of Android Fragmentation and stuff but I imagine that because of the Quad-core processor, the phone shouldn't had a problem playing those intense 3D games?

I ask because I was just looking at the Play store and when I got into the game seccion my jaw drip to the floor. (Angry Bird Space free!! Temple Run free!, Asphalt 7 99cents). That Asphalt game really looks good and I'll like to play 3D intensive games.

Bonus question: 8GBs is enough for games right?

It's enough for things like Angry birds and temple run. But as you get into some more intense games it'll fill up way too fast. If you want games then go for a 16GB version.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
But the Nexus should make them a breeze right, even if it has a low benchmark (which I being told is pointless).

Yup, everything should run fairly smoothly. There might be some transition until apps get updated. We'll see if there is an issue or not.

Back in the day when I played Everquest I bought a dual core computer and it would lag horribly because the software was not rdy for dual core technology. We might see the same thing with certain games here. But mobile systems might be different and going from dual to quad will likely be different as well.

The speed of the chip should be more than adequate though.

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll get the 8GB version, then I'll get the 16GB version in Christmas if I like it and give the 8GB to my sister. She shouldn't mind is just a month old phone :).

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You will want the 16 GB if you plan on gaming, just like everyone else said, but to answer your question about playing all of the games in the app store: No. You will need a Tegra device to play THD games. You will need another device to play some EA games as they have not allowed my Galaxy Nexus to play Plants vs. Zombies, Peggle, Need for Speed: Shift, or a few other games I bought from them.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You will want the 16 GB if you plan on gaming, just like everyone else said, but to answer your question about playing all of the games in the app store: No. You will need a Tegra device to play THD games. You will need another device to play some EA games as they have not allowed my Galaxy Nexus to play Plants vs. Zombies, Peggle, Need for Speed: Shift, or a few other games I bought from them.

And if you think you're going to want to play those Tegra games then get a Nexus 7. They look fantastic and run very smooth (at least for me).

Now that I have a Nexus 7 I only play casual games on my phone, like the ones mentioned, and do all my other gaming on the Nexus 7 or my PS3. So for me not having a Tegra chip in my phone isn't a big deal, and the S4 Pro in the Nexus 4 is more than powerful enough to play anything in the Play Store.

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Mmm Tegra is an specific dual-core ship right? I know Sonic 4-Episode 2 has a Tegra version. Mmm do all Gameloft games are Tegra versions? I guess I get only regular games like Angry Birds, Pacman etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Mmm Tegra is an specific dual-core ship right? I know Sonic 4-Episode 2 has a Tegra version. Mmm do all Gameloft games are Tegra versions? I guess I get only regular games like Angry Birds, Pacman etc...

stubborn_d0nkey

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - - There are different tegras. Tegra 2 is dual core, like in he (original) Samsug galaxy tab 10.1. Tegra 3 is quad core, like in he Nexus 7

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, Tegra is a specific chip. Tegra 3 is the current one, Tegra 2 was the previous version. They are older chips based on older technology, but the Tegrazone stuff is optimized to take full advantage of the hardware, which is why stuff in Tegrazone looks so much better than anything else on any other platform. It's not the most power efficient chip, or the fastest, but for certain things it is the most optimized. :)

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Gaming is a blast on a tablet. I revisited Max Payne on the iPad, it's was awesome. The controls def take some getting used to though.