Advice sought for purchasing nexus 4

jerryberry83

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi can someone help me out ? I will be traveling from Europe to the USA for two weeks at the end of November. Would I be able to buy the google nexus 4 from the online store and can I use an international card ? How long does it take to deliver ? Have never bought from the store before !

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Advise sought for purchasing nexus 4

Hi can someone help me out ? I will be traveling from Europe to the USA for two weeks at the end of November. Would I be able to buy the google nexus 4 from the online store and can I use an international card ? How long does it take to deliver ? Have never bought from the store before !

Thanks

Nobody rly knows the answer to this. For all we know they could sell out in 3 minutes and you need to wait 2 months for another shipment. Google ships 2 day so once the item is shipped it should be there within 2 days, but we have no idea how long it'll take Google to ship them out.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks

well, we dont know if you could make purchase with your international card but what you could do is ask someone you know from US to buy it for you and pay them. you are not coming here not know knowing anyone are you? I would gladly buy it for you if i had known you.

Last edited:

mrkalel

Oct 2, 2010
www.twitter.com

I've been trying to find out when Google starts the sale of devices on East Coast? (Meaning that Apple opens up at 12 West Coast.. 3AM East Coast)

Anyone knows?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I've been trying to find out when Google starts the sale of devices on East Coast? (Meaning that Apple opens up at 12 West Coast.. 3AM East Coast)

Anyone knows?

Kinda doubt anybody knows atm. They could open up at Midnight est or they could do it during daytime. Who knows, gonna have to wait and see I think.

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

No.

Check the terms and conditions. Your card has to be registered in the country you're buying from. If I can find the link I'll post it but it's in the Google support pages

Sent from my KFOT using Android Central Forums

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site

No.

Check the terms and conditions. Your card has to be registered in the country you're buying from. If I can find the link I'll post it but it's in the Google support pages

Sent from my KFOT using Android Central Forums

This.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

To be honest I thought he/she meant international (sim) Card -if it was the case yes, but guess i was wrong.
Visa, Mastercard, American express & one other are the only ones accepted. I wished they used Paypal, but i guess since Google is in a lawsuit with Paypal that wouldn't happen.

jerryberry83

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess I will just try. I just didn't want to bother anyone and buy it myself...I do hope though that it won't be sold out by the time I arrive :) btw why such strict restrictions ? I mean with Amazon its no problem to use international cards. I mean I have visa and mastercard as well too....

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Visa & Mastercard works. I only have a savings *mastreo* which is owned by mastercard ... doesnt work. Guess i will have to buy a post office visa card.

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Prepaid cards likely won't work.

See attached from the Google support pages. They need address verification

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352198159752.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352198159752.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 17

TestType

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Is Google really so strict on these credit cards? Geez. My dad is going to the states at the end of the month and I was considering ordering a nexus with my card through a VPN and have it delivered to his hotel. Sounds like that won't be possible. That really sucks if true. With no retailer selling it in the US and worldwide distribution is vague outside of a few countries that google sells through their website in, how are people supposed to buy this phone? I'd be lucky if any company here sold one at all where I'm at, and if they did it would be at least twice the price in the US. Meanwhile I can buy an iPhone practically at any corner.

Address verification, what does that entail?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
To the hotel is a great idea, i know Google does it to my city but it works out $75 cheaper to the US for the same model in Aus dollars.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Kind of related, not sure. Is it possible to use the money you can put on your account using the google play cards you can buy at places like Gamestop and Walmart, to buy the N4? I don't see why it wouldn't be...

Motorola Photon 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma