N4 Battery

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to drop a line quick.

As far as the dismal reviews go regarding the N4's battery life, I can't say I'm all that concerned.

1) Pre-release software, limited testing = inaccurate reviews (I don't even know why any bother with reviewing pre-release software to begin with).

2) Project Roadrunner.

If Project Roadrunner is even half as successful as Project Butter was, no one need worry. Sure, a 2100mAh will never touch the RAZR Maxx/RAZR HD Maxx, but with the aforementioned two improvements I'd expect a vast difference compared to the experiences people are currently having.

Is it November 13th yet?

That is all!

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, the battery isn't overly criticised on all reviews, some said it was average others said its the panorama (sphere) which does it when its running but nothing really having a full on go at the battery itself besides being internal which i enjoy. So is Project Roadrunner actually occurring or is it still in the rumour phase?

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't project roadrunner made up by that guy who lied to all the blogs? I am pretty sure that doesn't exist at all

You're mostly correct, I remember that, but it was a pretty big mess as there were (at least) two sources that apparently had initially said something about Roadrunner, and at different times both sources retracted their comments.

Could it be made up? Sure. But the idea was in two sources, which lets me think that maybe, just maybe, something that functions along the lines of how "Roadrunner" was described is in the pipeline.

Time will tell!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How could the battery even be in question for crying out loud. I thought the S4 pro was this amazing chip etc. The fact that anyone should be saying anything other than wow this battery is amazing disappoints me. It appears that no manufacturer is capable of doing all things really well. I think the S3 is about as close as we can get for good in every category but even then we deal with Touchwiz.

Motorola Maxx : weak camera
One x: weak battery
Nexus 4: low storage and weak battery

We have all the ingredients people. Why can't anyone make a good cake? Like I said the S3 and probably the Note 2 are the best at covering all the bases.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

We have all the ingredients people. Why can't anyone make a good cake? Like I said the S3 and probably the Note 2 are the best at covering all the bases.

I think you're on to something... we need:
- LG N4's processor
- HTC One X's screen
- Motorola RAZR Maxx's battery
- Samsung GS3's camera

:D

vanhoud

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The nexus 4s battery life cannot be any worse than the GSM gnex. I have the GSM gnex and the battery life is more than acceptable (4+ hours screen on time)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
That is true, these tests they run if with the screen on max brightness, wifi on, looping a movie till it dies. That to any phone will kill it quickly.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
- LG N4's processor
- HTC One X's screen
- Samsung GS3's camera

I know right? I posted specs for a phone a while ago and everyone agreed this would be perfect. I think it is the perfect phone.

Basically take the N4. Add a 3000 mah battery and an SD card and you are done. Every thing else is minor tweaks. HTC is so stupid imo. They are struggling along against Samsung yet they keep missing the boat on battery. Motorola proved it can be done so why can't HTC take this new dna phone and add a larger battery in the 3000 mah range? We would have a great phone.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The nexus 4s battery life cannot be any worse than the GSM gnex. I have the GSM gnex and the battery life is more than acceptable (4+ hours screen on time)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well I would certainly hope that it's better. Battery tech is changing rapidly but why some companies don't take advantage of it is beyond reasoning.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Brad I think they are but they are trying to create phones as powerful as computers and thats were the battery drains, Phil said the battery is not bad. Not bad at all. SO i think we can expect a nice battery

Enviii

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
- LG N4's processor
- HTC One X's screen
- Samsung GS3's camera

And Sir John Ive for the industrial design.
We can only dream...

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Enviii

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I know right? I posted specs for a phone a while ago and everyone agreed this would be perfect. I think it is the perfect phone.

Basically take the N4. Add a 3000 mah battery and an SD card and you are done. Every thing else is minor tweaks. HTC is so stupid imo. They are struggling along against Samsung yet they keep missing the boat on battery. Motorola proved it can be done so why can't HTC take this new dna phone and add a larger battery in the 3000 mah range? We would have a great phone.

I think it's about cost. 1 killer feature per phone type of thing to keep costs down. Amazing screen or amazing battery.

An an ideal world we would get an amazing screen and battery but manufacturers will always leave us wanting more for our money.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think it's about cost. 1 killer feature per phone type of thing to keep costs down. Amazing screen or amazing battery.

An an ideal world we would get an amazing screen and battery but manufacturers will always leave us wanting more for our money.

But this makes no sense when you look at HTC. They are bleeding money. They could get right back on top if the developed a phone with all the bases covered just like Samsung did with the sgs3. They keep making the best screen with the best camera but put a tiny battery in. The cost for the battery is nothing compared to the losses they incur by being in 2nd or 3rd place in the mobile world.

LG is finally learning this lesson. No one buys the crappy cheap phones any more. We want to get a device that kicks butt. They release their newest Optimus phone plus the nexus 4 and people start talking. Now they have a new killer tv too. Presto. Deliver the goods and people will respond. Deliver a device with frustrating limitations and people will just buy the sgs3 or an iphone.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I think if we were to grab these batteries we have no and chuck them in a phone we had 2 years ago, life would be amazing. I think the issue is that the phones are getting a lot more powerful and the batteries cannot keep up whether thats improving via chemical's or the sheer size of it. We want a thinner phone but expect a better battery, we cant win the war on all fronts. I do agree we should slow down the power and increase our batteries.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
And Sir John Ive for the industrial design.
We can only dream...

Enviii. Let me ask you, what do you hate about your One X. Maybe nothing, but I bet the battery is the one thing you wish was better. The sgs3 is better and it has sd storage and a swappable battery. Your screen is better but the sgs3 screen is not bad either.

When Mr and Mrs America walk into a store and ask the sales guy what they should buy in Android i would bet they say Samsung 9 out of 10 rimes.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
How could the battery even be in question for crying out loud. I thought the S4 pro was this amazing chip etc. The fact that anyone should be saying anything other than wow this battery is amazing disappoints me. It appears that no manufacturer is capable of doing all things really well. I think the S3 is about as close as we can get for good in every category but even then we deal with Touchwiz.

That's what bugs me. Why the heck can't we just get a s3 with a big a** battery or a one x. Why is it so hard for them to think of that. If moto can do it I KNOW SAMSUNG CAN... They would make even more money. Because that is the only thing that kills me with most android phones is battery life.

Sent from my galaxy nexus running jelly bean!