Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default Re: Imagine you could get rid of the glass back and replace it with the material of your choice

Antimatter, more precise iPhone antimatter. So if you touch with your back the back of an iPhone device to NFC beam (if any iphone will ever will have NFC) both phones explode!

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Default Re: Imagine you could get rid of the glass back and replace it with the material of your choice

Yea, I wish they did replace the glass back before Production hits, as that one reviewer dropped his (I know, dropping will still break Gorilla Glass), but I read Phil here and another review post up the back scratches pretty easy. WTF?? I thought that was the PURPOSE of Gorilla Glass, so as to NOT get scratches?!?!? I understand dropping it, well your on your own there depending if it's a 5 inch drop on your lap or 3 feet+ to the floor... We know Gorilla Glass or not, dropping it will do damage.

I hope they change the back, but I'm sure now it's too late
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Unicorn horns so iPhone users no longer have anything to brag about.
    p0rtals and Richard46 like this.

Whatever Captain America's shield is made of.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.2 Nightly

Velvet, with an imprint of Elvis.

ROM
    Stock

Oak with brass edge reinforcement and embellishments with a little leather here and there, as all things technological should be, of course.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X 2013 -> Moto X 2014
    Tablet: Nexus 7 2012

Quote Originally Posted by vietmode View Post
    solid piece of diamond
    That could get expensive.

Motorola Photon 4G

ROM
    4.1.1 JRO03O

I like the back texture of the Gnex. Those inverse pyramids are great to caress.

I also like the way the back of Nexus 4 looks like. However, if I had to change it, I'd think about
    • Nexus Q-like matte finish with the x of nexus doing disco LEDs, or
    • GNex-like thin plastic with patterns,
    Speed provides the one genuinely modern pleasure. -Aldous Huxley
    Great men are nothing without great machines. -Eddie Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Whatever Captain America's shield is made of.
    Vibranium
    S-Doo-1965 and Richard46 like this.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

transparent aluminum, transparisteel, or dragon bones and scales
    Thanked by:
    Arsenio117 likes this.

Black anodized aluminum.
    Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ (Dark ParanoidAndroid 2.52), Nexus 7 (Dark ParanoidAndroid 2.52)
    Retired: HTC Eris, Dinc, Thunderbolt, Moto Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Samsung Charge, Epic 4G
    Richard46 likes this.

Back: Mithril
    Front: Diamond
    Processor: Beating heart of a centaur
    Sparkly effect on the back: Dust from grounded unicorn's horn

This will make it truly magical

Quote Originally Posted by Aikuchi View Post
    transparent aluminum, transparisteel, or dragon bones and scales
    Transparisteel would be awesome for both the front and back

Motorola Photon 4G

Ummm....Something that comes off and reveals a removable battery??

How about just adding some screw holes and remove any glue to make the glass easily replaceable by the end user?

Baby seal leather!
    Morjesta and p0rtals like this.

It seems as if the general buildup of the Device is like it was with the iPhone 4(s)
    there are 2 screws on the lower end which lock the backplate in place and when removed release it for easy access and maybe replacement of the back…
    so replacing it with something more sturdy seems legit… even though production might be a bit complex it definitely seems possible as it did happen for the iPhone 4

A cool idea is the solar back panel, but it would surely interfere with Qi and NFC… so not a realistic possibility, but a PC/Plexi/Kevlar back might very well e on its way from 3rd party suppliers.

If google sells enough of these little beasts demand for replacements will be striking… even if it is sturdy… which it does not seem to be as we have already seen some cracked backs :P

also some black rough anodized aluminium might be a good idea (not the glossy/flat stuff Apple uses but traditional as it was on the HTC Legend and is on the OneX DesireS……)

Lego bricks
    Thanked by:
    ScandaLeX, p0rtals and Richard46 like this.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,038 Global Posts

Flubber

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    Flubber
    Haha that's a good one
    Thanked by:
    p08757 

KY jelly?

Velcro (hooks)

..but seriously, a stronger but identical looking piece of glass/plastic that is less fragile would be just fine.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Already done the bamboo phone.
    justadzero.com
    Richard46 likes this.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Attachment 44990

Velour all the way.....
    Droids!

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Carbon Fiber is the best solution. That or a nice billet aluminum. Carbon fiber is extremely strong, extremely light weight(depending on weave/construction), it is a bit more expensive than plastic, but it isn't ridiculous. Plus it looks VERY nice and many options in looks with CF.

CF would make this product PERFECT looking I think.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast