Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Default Re: Imagine you could get rid of the glass back and replace it with the material of your choice

Quote Originally Posted by Adon345 View Post
    tytanium
    Titanium
    FTFY

Motorola Photon 4G
    Banned

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: Imagine you could get rid of the glass back and replace it with the material of your choice

Quote Originally Posted by Tallonjf View Post
    Solar panel
    As soon as I can get my hands on one for development this is the first hardware mod that I had planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
    As soon as I can get my hands on one for development this is the first hardware mod that I had planned.
    Let me know how that goes. And maybe even post a video on how to do it lol.

Motorola Photon 4G
    dobermans rule likes this.

A Nokia. That way if I drop my phone, I don't have to worry about it breaking; I gotta worry about the ground breaking.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann
    SkinsFan1987 likes this.

Big brown baby seal eyes

(+1 Internet's if you get the reference)
    landjo77 likes this.

I love the glass...make it TOUGHER !!!

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

Jerry Hildenbrand's beard
    S-Doo-1965 and TheUI like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    Big brown baby seal eyes

(+1 Internet's if you get the reference)
    Those would have to be for the notification LEDs...

Quote Originally Posted by mathematiker View Post
    I like the back texture of the Gnex. Those inverse pyramids are great to caress.

I also like the way the back of Nexus 4 looks like. However, if I had to change it, I'd think about
    • Nexus Q-like matte finish with the x of nexus doing disco LEDs, or
    • GNex-like thin plastic with patterns,
    The back of a GNex feels like the edge of the lid on a jar of Nutella. No thanks.

via Tapatalk

Unicorn skin.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Bacon. Nuff said.

Motorola Photon 4G
    SkinsFan1987 and multo like this.

Actually it would be awesome if they could use sapphire or create a synthetic structure similar to it
    Ive seen one of those Vertu phones having that and its screen clarity was on a different scale than glass based phones. So yea one day i would love to see a sapphire nexus! lol

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    Bacon. Nuff said.

Motorola Photon 4G
    Crispy?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    LG Nexus 4 E960 Occam 44.2.2 JDQ39 / Nokia Lumia 920 / Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 Takju 4.2.2 JDQ39 / Asus Google Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,000 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Alcantara :-)
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by multo View Post
    Crispy?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Whatever you think is best.

Motorola Photon 4G
    multo likes this.

STEAK
    TheUI likes this.

ROM
    CM10

Glass

Tungsten to put some heft in your pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Jailbroken - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
    Dooooooooooooooooood!

It's great to see you over here! I'm trying to get this prepaid Q&A stickied on the forum and I just (this is existentially supreme) want you to know that your Photon compendium was my source of inspiration for how to format that thing.

You guys that are into Nexus 4 and development are in for a treat, Loki is ridiculously talented and impossibly through!
    Last edited by OpenShare; 11-07-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by OpenShare View Post
    through!
    "thorough"
    FTFY

Motorola Photon 4G
    Banned

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OpenShare View Post
    Dooooooooooooooooood!

It's great to see you over here! I'm trying to get this prepaid Q&A stickied on the forum and I just (this is existentially supreme) want you to know that your Photon compendium was my source of inspiration for how to format that thing.

You guys that are into Nexus 4 and development are in for a treat, Loki is ridiculously talented and impossibly through!
    I've been away from AC for a bit but I'm starting to focus on site exclusive projects. For example, I got a Nexus Q from Rootz which all main development on it is exclusively released there. I have a couple things on xda as well to show my thanks for their support. I'd like to come back to AC in a developer capacity and release some AC exclusive work but that depends on both AC and the folks here.

why theconcern about the glass BACK? Is it assumed the phone would always drop on its back,

what about the glass front? In which case same concern should be voiced againstmost phones.....?n'est pas ?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by caslad66 View Post
    why theconcern about the glass BACK? Is it assumed the phone would always drop on its back,

what about the glass front? In which case same concern should be voiced againstmost phones.....?n'est pas ?
    True but if you have glass on both sides, you are breaking one if not both depending on the drop. At least with a different material, it might not break anything

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Rich supple LEATHER!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    wiscottsin likes this.

hopefully this image uploads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Imagine you could get rid of the glass back and replace it with the material of your choice-552308_325608394213222_224578383_n.png  
    fabulas, multo and cinek like this.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast