Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

Default Re: Imagine you could get rid of the glass back and replace it with the material of your choice

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    hopefully this image uploads.
    ROFL

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #127  

Default Re: Imagine you could get rid of the glass back and replace it with the material of your choice

I know people will hate this or love it, but it would be nice if the Nexus were made of "VaporMg" the same material surrounding the Microsoft Surface.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

A dragontrail glass. Just make it like this tough.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusAlways View Post
    I know people will hate this or love it, but it would be nice if the Nexus were made of "VaporMg" the same material surrounding the Microsoft Surface.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Or Marmite.

A vag. Then I could look at myself on the front while I play with the back. Don't judge me.

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    A vag. Then I could look at myself on the front while I play with the back. Don't judge me.
    Jesus Christ...
    Thanked by 2:

Actually I think about it, it wouldn't be that hard to replace the back with maybe aluminum, the glass is glued onto a frame so it could probably be done

Resin impregnated Bocote or Brazillian Cherry that is rubber mounted to the phone. Easy to manufacture and replace and relatively inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by fabulas View Post
    Adamantium
    /end thread
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    Thanked by:

[edited for content]

Quote Originally Posted by fabulas View Post
    Adamantium
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    /end thread
    I raise you Vibranium.

Cherry Jello

mmmm.... J E L L O!

Global Posts
    1,152 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

I'll keep the glass back and use this!
    If my post helped you out...please be kind and hit the "THANKS BUTTON."

Quote Originally Posted by TRSpeed3 View Post
    Cherry Jello

mmmm.... J E L L O!
    Wouldn't you prefer Key Lime Pie?

Or even Lemon Sorbet.

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Yea, I wish they did replace the glass back before Production hits, as that one reviewer dropped his (I know, dropping will still break Gorilla Glass), but I read Phil here and another review post up the back scratches pretty easy. WTF?? I thought that was the PURPOSE of Gorilla Glass, so as to NOT get scratches?!?!? I understand dropping it, well your on your own there depending if it's a 5 inch drop on your lap or 3 feet+ to the floor... We know Gorilla Glass or not, dropping it will do damage.

I hope they change the back, but I'm sure now it's too late
    The back is not Gorilla Glass, just the front

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I'd actually be good with either vibranium or Adamantium. I would be particularly interested in a blend so that, when Thor puts his hammer down, I can level several dozen square meters of forest trees and foliage while chatting on my phone.

Or even texting.
    S-Doo-1965 likes this.

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    I'd actually be good with either vibranium or Adamantium. I would be particularly interested in a blend so that, when Thor puts his hammer down, I can level several dozen square meters of forest trees and foliage while chatting on my phone.

Or even texting.
    Uh........What? Is it bad that I have no idea what any of that means?

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post

As a side-note about The Avengers, I would not have minded watching Hulk kill -- however accidentally -- the pilot shooting at him. In that respect and one other, I think his character's physical brute force strength was not fully realized. The other respect is I would have loved to see him literally tear up the plane trying to lift Mjoliner, only for him to be dragged to Earth holding onto it, and then starting to crumble the ground and wreak havoc on Earth's orbit / axial tilt trying to lift it. I know Hulk isn't inherently evil, so he wouldn't threaten to push Earth into the Sun to hold the hammer; but it would be interesting if he accidentally started to go in that direction and that sort of became a lesson to everyone else -- even Thor -- that you just can't trifle with Hulk.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Google is your friend.

Transparent Aluminum, like on Star Trek IV.

Cork. Grippy, doesn't scratch easily, renewable, waterproof, and can have a very premium look.

Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    Google is your friend.
    Friend. Stalker. Sometimes there's a fine line.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn Rancher View Post
    Friend. Stalker. Sometimes there's a fine line.
    In this case, it's both.

Stargate's Trinium?

but a nice vinyl to cover the cracks when i breakit would be nice
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast