Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: One week left...

There is no preorder, and mountain view doesn't stock devices, they're in Tennessee IIRC
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Syrential View Post
    No way. You should fear that Google won't have the resources to quickly ship so many phones though, they're not Amazon unfortunately
    Google doesn't directly handle the logistics.

ROM
    Evervolv JB

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaguy99 View Post
    There is no preorder, and mountain view doesn't stock devices, they're in Tennessee IIRC
    Any insight as to why the decision not to preorder was made? It seems counter productive for both parties.
    big_time2 likes this.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ctfrommn View Post
    Any insight as to why the decision not to preorder was made? It seems counter productive for both parties.
    Yeah, cause the N7 fiasco wasn't reason enough. On the 13th sales go live, it makes perfect sense, pre-ordering is kinda useless.

ROM
    Evervolv JB

Yeah, cause the N7 fiasco wasn't reason enough. On the 13th sales go live, it makes perfect sense, pre-ordering is kinda useless.
    I don't own one and had no idea they had preorder issues with them. I know they process and ship quickly so I have no worries ordering on the 13th.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Come on hoping for leaked a white version to come out before launch.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ctfrommn View Post
    I don't own one and had no idea they had preorder issues with them. I know they process and ship quickly so I have no worries ordering on the 13th.
    I myself even preordered a N7 and you could walk into a store and buy it at sams, gamestop, etc two weeks before my day of preorder arrived. My I/O version was dropped in water by my 7 year old, so I bought a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Come on hoping for leaked a white version to come out before launch.

My lips are sealed as far as coming to market (I honestly don't know), but white ones exist internally.

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

I sold my Galaxy S3 so that I can grab the 8GB N4. I have all my stuff in the cloud so I don't think I need the extra 8GB. In the meanwhile, I'm gonna be using my work phone (Samsung Aviator w/ US Cellular) for a week.

I wonder how much shipping will be...I believe Google be charging a flat rate for shipping..but I'm not sure. Do anyone know how much shipping may be?
    MERCDROID likes this.

I'm so nervous. I've never order something online, and there's a chance I don't have my money until the 15th. So if it's out of stock then I'll be without a phone until december.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

As long as I get mine in hand/activated by the 19th, I'm estatic. I'm leaving to drive 600 miles the next day for Thanksgiving holiday, so can't wait to see/report on my TMO speeds/calls during the trip up and back. Woo hoo! Worse case TMO sucks and I either then go to ST for a month or ditch it all and sell my N4... win-win!

I don't see how pre-ordering is useless. After all they could start shipping them on monday already, meaning that some would actually have the phone on release day.
    Also I think that a tuesday is just a strange day to begin accepting orders, considering they state a 3-5 days delivery it can happen that some devices will only arrive the week after.
    big_time2 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Hopefully this is a case of sarcasm not coming across....thanks for the input though

Sent from my Ainovo Flame (Nexus 7) using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by plmiller0905 View Post
    I sold my Galaxy S3 so that I can grab the 8GB N4. I have all my stuff in the cloud so I don't think I need the extra 8GB. In the meanwhile, I'm gonna be using my work phone (Samsung Aviator w/ US Cellular) for a week.

I wonder how much shipping will be...I believe Google be charging a flat rate for shipping..but I'm not sure. Do anyone know how much shipping may be?
    Believe its $15.....The whole total should probably be about $380 after taxes and shipping. At least that is what I paid for the GN and its likely the same.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

385 or something for the 16GB version. 335 for the 8GB version.

I still don't know which one to get.

My iPhone 4s is going on Ebay as soon as I get my N4.

Back on the Android bandwagon. (My Touch 3G) was my last Android device.

Quote Originally Posted by briankariu View Post
    And rip off poor Europeans who have to pay the full retail price of $599? You are sooo evil. I like your thinking
    In Europe the Nexus 4 is going to be priced at 229 for the 8gb and 279 for the 16GB not 599.99

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am hoping they announce what time ordering will be available on the 13th. 12am EST...West... or even later than that on the 13th. I just want to order one once they are up online. It would be nice if they shipped them same day on the 13th for early enough orders or by the 14th so most would get it on the 16th, but I won't get my hopes up. Will be an awesome device to have.

Quote Originally Posted by epicness4G View Post
    In Europe the Nexus 4 is going to be priced at 229 for the 8gb and 279 for the 16GB not 599.99
    It's 299 for the 8GB and 349 for the 16GB on the Google Play Store. The 599 was apparently the price that LG wanted from other retailers, which however I don't believe since a physical electronic chain store in Germany is selling the Nexus 4 16GB for 399 starting mid December.

The problem here is that the Google Play Store is only available in a bunch of european countries.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I myself even preordered a N7 and you could walk into a store and buy it at sams, gamestop, etc two weeks before my day of preorder arrived. My I/O version was dropped in water by my 7 year old, so I bought a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

My lips are sealed as far as coming to market (I honestly don't know), but white ones exist internally.
    I hope we don't have to wait until April like the white GN and NS.

Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Any idea what time orders will go live? I imagine the 12th at midnight?
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NexusoftheUniverse View Post
    Any idea what time orders will go live? I imagine the 12th at midnight?
    unknown at this point.

I am really hoping shipping is swift. I'm so psyched about getting the nexus 10 and 4. They are going to be so cool for my road trip at the end of the month.

Brian, seams like you get all the cool phones - HTC one X, Nexus 4, Nokia 110, HTC, 8X... might have to get your job to pay for these

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jflexe99 View Post
    I am hoping they announce what time ordering will be available on the 13th. 12am EST...West... or even later than that on the 13th. I just want to order one once they are up online. It would be nice if they shipped them same day on the 13th for early enough orders or by the 14th so most would get it on the 16th, but I won't get my hopes up. Will be an awesome device to have.
    Hoping for this too. I'll be up at midnight either way. Being from Toronto, hope there's no time zone difference that screws everything up either, would be nice if Google said something.

Either way, excited for my first Android.
    MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by plmiller0905 View Post

You're a step ahead of me. I plan to sell my S3 to grab the 8GB Nexus 4. I just uploaded all of my music to Google Music. Didn't take as long as I thought it would.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast