Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: One week left...

Quote Originally Posted by squadz View Post
    Hoping for this too. I'll be up at midnight either way. Being from Toronto, hope there's no time zone difference that screws everything up either, would be nice if Google said something.

Either way, excited for my first Android.
    HA HA, You want my job? Can I have yours? Am a telecomms engineer, but I am paid peanuts...about $500 every month. Most of my money I get from side hustles. Employment only guarantees health insurance and bank loans
    MERCDROID likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Hoping for this too. I'll be up at midnight either way. Being from Toronto, hope there's no time zone difference that screws everything up either, would be nice if Google said something.

I think android central should create a mailing list to give people a heads up when sales go live
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    385 or something for the 16GB version. 335 for the 8GB version.

I still don't know which one to get.
    $389..that I know for a fact when I bought my GNex

Quote Originally Posted by briankariu View Post
    I think android central should create a mailing list to give people a heads up when sales go live

I bought 3 spare F5 keys for that day

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID and jlstee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Lol same here, but, any ideas when or if at all Google plans to release a 32GB one? I'm strained with 16GB microsd even now on my MT4GS so... Seeing as 16GB doesn't truly mean that much... I'm worried about space.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaguy99 View Post
    There is no preorder, and mountain view doesn't stock devices, they're in Tennessee IIRC
    We have a google guy HERE!!! That's like a white unicorn. I have soo many questions for you
    1. Why wont you ship to Kenya, whereas there is a local Google office here where you can ship it and I will collect it
    2. Why cant I buy movies, Magazines, some apps simply because I am in Kenya?
    3. Why is LG selling the device sooo expensively outside the US and Google play?
    4. Can I come maybe one day visit? Ok, that's personal
    P.S About regulation, I know for a fact that my government has been actively pushing for new tech, so that shouldn't be soo much of an excuse
    MERCDROID likes this.

We have a google guy HERE!!! That's like a white unicorn. I have soo many questions for you
    1. Why wont you ship to Kenya, whereas there is a local Google office here where you can ship it and I will collect it
    3. Why is LG selling the device sooo expensively outside the US and Google play?
    P.S About regulation, I know for a fact that my government has been actively pushing for new tech, so that shouldn't be soo much of an excuse
    1) I love unicorns so I now like you.
    2) Americans probably dislike Kenya for kicking their arse in all the running at the olympics
    3) Have you tried changing your location on the play store? maybe visit some certain sites which stream if you know what i mean instead of the app stall if all fails.
    4) because LG thinks they can, but face it sites will sell the Nexus 4 for $20 more like they are doing with the Nexus 7.
    5) Unicorns are cool again
    6) these answers probably aren't in the same order as yours and may or maybe not be reliable.
    MERCDROID likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    1) I love unicorns so I now like you.
    2) Americans probably dislike Kenya for kicking their arse in all the running at the olympics
    3) Have you tried changing your location on the play store? maybe visit some certain sites which stream if you know what i mean instead of the app stall if all fails.
    4) because LG thinks they can, but face it sites will sell the Nexus 4 for $20 more like they are doing with the Nexus 7.
    5) Unicorns are cool again
    6) these answers probably aren't in the same order as yours and may or maybe not be reliable.
    no. 2 probably coz my cousin won the presidency again . Who woulda thought, two terms? Like a bossss!
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

1. The regulating body of your government stops most of that, for now.
    2. see answer 1
    3. Because they can
    4. Sure, can't get in the building, but come on :-)
    MERCDROID likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

1. The regulating body of your government stops most of that, for now.
    2. see answer 1
    3. Because they can
    4. Sure, can't get in the building, but come on :-)
    on no.1, if I can solicit an answer directly from our permanent secretary on Information, or the chairman of the communications commission of Kenya, will you start shipping to Kenya?
    Coz I know at least 6 guys who are hell bent, much like me to get the Nexus 4.
    Lemme inbox you my email
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

aaaaw shucks. No point coming to mountain view if I cannot actually enter inside....its like having a kid watch a candy shop all day without letting them touch the candy.
    Although I wish i can save up enough cash so I can travel and be there in person for the Google I/O next year...the free devices have nothing to do with it, I swear
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    4,080 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAndroid View Post
    Nexus 4 is rubbish. Dont even bother.

:rolleyes:

Now get out of the queue so I can get mine faster
    LOL! You sir are evil

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of lying bastards (and deserve to go to hell!) using Android Central Forums
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Ziptied likes this.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

on no.1, if I can solicit an answer directly from our permanent secretary on Information, or the chairman of the communications commission of Kenya, will you start shipping to Kenya?
    Coz I know at least 6 guys who are hell bent, much like me to get the Nexus 4.
    Lemme inbox you my email
    You have to understand Google is a VERY large corporation and my particular job has nothing to do with android or devices in any way (I just get them sooner than everyone and for free) Believe me, Google wants an android device in every single person on the planets hand, more revenue that way (and more raises for me ) but your federal govt for handling devices and such are what hold things like this up from you getting the device directly, they're working on making everything available to everyone, until that time you'll just have to sit tight.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

You have to understand Google is a VERY large corporation and my particular job has nothing to do with android or devices in any way (I just get them sooner than everyone and for free) Believe me, Google wants an android device in every single person on the planets hand, more revenue that way (and more raises for me ) but your federal govt for handling devices and such are what hold things like this up from you getting the device directly, they're working on making everything available to everyone, until that time you'll just have to sit tight.
    That is saddening. I am curious if i will get my N4 before the Google country director though. Coz I called in there and the secretary had no idea what a nexus is
    On a side note, as a recommendation, the country director is easily placed to negotiate with the govt on such issues. Use them
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE-SG1 View Post
    LOL! You sir are evil
    No he is not. Every single review I have read trashes the phone. You should probably not get it, especially the 16gb version. You can get the 8gb (that one apparently is awesome), but they say the 16gb is hell in a wheelchair
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Glad to know I won't be the only GTA guy up trying to order this thing. Hopefully they have more than 2 available for Canada.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    I bought 3 spare F5 keys for that day

Sent from my Nexus 7
    waay ahead of you. Will tell my uncle to mobilise everyone in his office. Let me see you beat that...
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That is saddening. I am curious if i will get my N4 before the Google country director though. Coz I called in there and the secretary had no idea what a nexus is
    On a side note, as a recommendation, the country director is easily placed to negotiate with the govt on such issues. Use them
    You more than likely will.

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    Glad to know I won't be the only GTA guy up trying to order this thing. Hopefully they have more than 2 available for Canada.
    Make that three!

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Its pretty weird that Google didnt take pre-orders. Am guessing that they have their reasons
    The N7 preorder was a disaster. It probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if I hadn't came on here and read what was going on.

Yeah, cause the N7 fiasco wasn't reason enough. On the 13th sales go live, it makes perfect sense, pre-ordering is kinda useless.
    I agree, I'm glad there is no preorder and they are just selling it on the 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    I've done that in the past and they never send anything thing until a day or two after the product has already released. We will see what happens this time.

I really like Google devices & services but, they are not that good at this type of stuff. Everytime I've ordered something from them, it's a strange situation. I admit I may make it strange by coming on here and reading who's stuff has shipped and who's hasn't. Here's to hoping everything goes smoothly.

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Well, looks like I'll be staying up from midnight till 3 AM (12 PST). Hope you other GTA people get yours, I'm going for the 8GB, if that helps! haha

I can't imagine that Google wouldn't announce the time at least. That seems like a horrible piece of information to leave out. Has anyone had any luck with e-mailing/phoning anyone at Google Play? I couldn't find a contact, or I would. Was previous devices available right at midnight? or 3 AM EST?

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

I hope your right, because i am trying to figure out if i want to ship it to my place of employment. So i am hoping it will only take 3 days for delivery.

I think you might have better luck riding a unicorn (not a fat black unicorn which is a rhino) into town then ordering the Nexus 4 at this rate from google, sorry to hear.
    tgp

Global Posts
    1,767 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duke1231 View Post
    i am trying to figure out if i want to ship it to my place of employment.
    That's exactly what I'm planning to do. I might not get much done that afternoon, but I wouldn't be worth much anyway knowing it's at home waiting to be opened, admired, and caressed.

I haven't seen any confirmation yet at what time it will be released. I'm in PA, 3 hours ahead of the west coast. I suppose I'll check at midnight local time, and if it's not up yet I'll go to bed and set my alarm for 2:50 AM.
    Ricky2009 likes this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast