Whats your back up phone

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I bet some of you have already sold your phones in anticipation of the N4. I sold my HTC one X as soon as the price was confirmed!!! Not to sound regretful, but the one X was one sexy device!!!
So, what do you use as your back up phone to fill the void between selling yur phone and getting your spanking-new-car-smell phone?
I use my Nokia 110
nokia-110.jpg
Nokia 110
Yes, yes I know. It's the dumbest phone out there, but for $30, it was worth it. Plus the battery life is astonishing!!! I easily push one week with dual sim in. Beat that RAZR MAXX :)

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
well, my backup phone is my main phone right now. iphone 4s. I will probably keep it around for listening in my car, with the usb plug in, instead of screwing around with bluetooth or aux in. It sounds sooo much better that way.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
well, my backup phone is my main phone right now. iphone 4s. I will probably keep it around for listening in my car, with the usb plug in, instead of screwing around with bluetooth or aux in. It sounds sooo much better that way.

but but but but does it have FM Radio? Or days of battery life? Nokia 110 win!!!!

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I bet some of you have already sold your phones in anticipation of the N4. I sold my HTC one X as soon as the price was confirmed!!! Not to sound regretful, but the one X was one sexy device!!!
So, what do you use as your back up phone to fill the void between selling yur phone and getting your spanking-new-car-smell phone?
I use my Nokia 110
View attachment 44948
Nokia 110
Yes, yes I know. It's the dumbest phone out there, but for $30, it was worth it. Plus the battery life is astonishing!!! I easily push one week with dual sim in. Beat that RAZR MAXX :)

I'm using a free pantech AT&T prepaid dumb phone for about 2 weeks till the n4 gets here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Using 2 phones now. Gnex and Nexus one. When I get the n4, the n1 takes the back seat

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a free pantech AT&T prepaid dumb phone for about 2 weeks till the n4 gets here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
Aaaah welcome to the dumb phone side my friend. How can I live without Gmail sync? It is killing me!!! Anyway, 4 weeks till I get my Nexus

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The OG Nexus huh!! Bad ass like that

It's all I got left mostly....I have a Sprint NS laying around but that does me no good on T-Mo. Recently sold an LG Thrill, SGS3, LG marquee and my GN. So I can't wait for this sucker to finally go up for sale.

But the N1 is still one of the best phones ever made. I might have to buy a One V someday as a backup phone.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It's all I got left mostly....I have a Sprint NS laying around but that does me no good on T-Mo. Recently sold an LG Thrill, SGS3, LG marquee and my GN. So I can't wait for this sucker to finally go up for sale.

But the N1 is still one of the best phones ever made. I might have to buy a One V someday as a backup phone.
The HTC 8X is looking pretty sexy....and almost all the reviews am reading highly rate the phone. So I am goin to wait a few months and then get it as my back up phone.
The Pantech Flexx is also looking really nice for a back up phone B)

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I still have a Nokia 8210 as backup here, but it wasn't used for over 10 years so I wonder if it even still works....
But it had amazing features, according to wikipedia: "The phone's memory can store up to 250 names. Alternatively, a SIM card can be used to store names (although memory capacity is specific to each SIM card). The calendar can store up to 50 notes."
Ohhh the old days :)

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I still have a Nokia 8210 as backup here, but it wasn't used for over 10 years so I wonder if it even still works....
But it had amazing features, according to wikipedia: "The phone's memory can store up to 250 names. Alternatively, a SIM card can be used to store names (although memory capacity is specific to each SIM card). The calendar can store up to 50 notes."
Ohhh the old days :)
One word. REVOLUTIONARY!!

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The HTC 8X is looking pretty sexy....and almost all the reviews am reading highly rate the phone. So I am goin to wait a few months and then get it as my back up phone.
The Pantech Flexx is also looking really nice for a back up phone B)

Meh, windows phone. Haven't tried it but eventually when I do I don't think it'll be with a $500+ phone. I don't know why I said One V, even though I rly like that phone if I were to ever use VM.

What I rly meant to say was the One S. :D

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Meh, windows phone. Haven't tried it but eventually when I do I don't think it'll be with a $500+ phone. I don't know why I said One V, even though I rly like that phone if I were to ever use VM.

What I rly meant to say was the One S. :D

Am sick and tired of sense. Otherwise the one S design is something sweet. I had a WP phone a while back and I kinda liked its fluidity, hated it for its simplicity

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Am sick and tired of sense. Otherwise the one S design is something sweet. I had a WP phone a while back and I kinda liked its fluidity, hated it for its simplicity

I haven't rly had much hands on with Sense since the Evo 4G. I wasn't rly a fan of it then but I wasn't a fan of TW either and that is tolerable now.(Assuming you use a 3rd party launcher) HTC sure builds some great feeling phones though.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't rly had much hands on with Sense since the Evo 4G. I wasn't rly a fan of it then but I wasn't a fan of TW either and that is tolerable now.(Assuming you use a 3rd party launcher) HTC sure builds some great feeling phones though.

HTC biuld quality is undisputed. Sense was beautiful in the pre-ICS error when Android was not much a looker. Touch WIz just gives me a headache everytime I use it!!! The color scheme is just obnoxious. Does Samsung have graphic designers, or was their input valueless?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37