Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whats your back up phone

I bet some of you have already sold your phones in anticipation of the N4. I sold my HTC one X as soon as the price was confirmed!!! Not to sound regretful, but the one X was one sexy device!!!
    So, what do you use as your back up phone to fill the void between selling yur phone and getting your spanking-new-car-smell phone?
    I use my Nokia 110
    Whats your back up phone-nokia-110.jpg
    Nokia 110
    Yes, yes I know. It's the dumbest phone out there, but for $30, it was worth it. Plus the battery life is astonishing!!! I easily push one week with dual sim in. Beat that RAZR MAXX

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Default Re: Whats your back up phone

well, my backup phone is my main phone right now. iphone 4s. I will probably keep it around for listening in my car, with the usb plug in, instead of screwing around with bluetooth or aux in. It sounds sooo much better that way.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by duke1231 View Post
    well, my backup phone is my main phone right now. iphone 4s. I will probably keep it around for listening in my car, with the usb plug in, instead of screwing around with bluetooth or aux in. It sounds sooo much better that way.
    but but but but does it have FM Radio? Or days of battery life? Nokia 110 win!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by briankariu View Post
    I bet some of you have already sold your phones in anticipation of the N4. I sold my HTC one X as soon as the price was confirmed!!! Not to sound regretful, but the one X was one sexy device!!!
    So, what do you use as your back up phone to fill the void between selling yur phone and getting your spanking-new-car-smell phone?
    I use my Nokia 110
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nokia-110.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	44948
    Nokia 110
    Yes, yes I know. It's the dumbest phone out there, but for $30, it was worth it. Plus the battery life is astonishing!!! I easily push one week with dual sim in. Beat that RAZR MAXX
    I'm using a free pantech AT&T prepaid dumb phone for about 2 weeks till the n4 gets here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts

Using 2 phones now. Gnex and Nexus one. When I get the n4, the n1 takes the back seat

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    LG Nexus 4 E960 Occam 44.2.2 JDQ39 / Nokia Lumia 920 / Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 Takju 4.2.2 JDQ39 / Asus Google Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39

Nexus One.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by multo View Post
    Using 2 phones now. Gnex and Nexus one. When I get the n4, the n1 takes the back seat

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Lucky ba***rd I sooo envy you awesome collection of back up phones...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
    Nexus One.
    The OG Nexus huh!! Bad *** like that
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    I'm using a free pantech AT&T prepaid dumb phone for about 2 weeks till the n4 gets here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    Aaaah welcome to the dumb phone side my friend. How can I live without Gmail sync? It is killing me!!! Anyway, 4 weeks till I get my Nexus

The OG Nexus huh!! Bad *** like that
    It's all I got left mostly....I have a Sprint NS laying around but that does me no good on T-Mo. Recently sold an LG Thrill, SGS3, LG marquee and my GN. So I can't wait for this sucker to finally go up for sale.

But the N1 is still one of the best phones ever made. I might have to buy a One V someday as a backup phone.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

It's all I got left mostly....I have a Sprint NS laying around but that does me no good on T-Mo. Recently sold an LG Thrill, SGS3, LG marquee and my GN. So I can't wait for this sucker to finally go up for sale.

But the N1 is still one of the best phones ever made. I might have to buy a One V someday as a backup phone.
    The HTC 8X is looking pretty sexy....and almost all the reviews am reading highly rate the phone. So I am goin to wait a few months and then get it as my back up phone.
    The Pantech Flexx is also looking really nice for a back up phone B)

I still have a Nokia 8210 as backup here, but it wasn't used for over 10 years so I wonder if it even still works....
    But it had amazing features, according to wikipedia: "The phone's memory can store up to 250 names. Alternatively, a SIM card can be used to store names (although memory capacity is specific to each SIM card). The calendar can store up to 50 notes."
    Ohhh the old days
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Syrential View Post
    I still have a Nokia 8210 as backup here, but it wasn't used for over 10 years so I wonder if it even still works....
    But it had amazing features, according to wikipedia: "The phone's memory can store up to 250 names. Alternatively, a SIM card can be used to store names (although memory capacity is specific to each SIM card). The calendar can store up to 50 notes."
    Ohhh the old days
    One word. REVOLUTIONARY!!

The HTC 8X is looking pretty sexy....and almost all the reviews am reading highly rate the phone. So I am goin to wait a few months and then get it as my back up phone.
    The Pantech Flexx is also looking really nice for a back up phone B)
    Meh, windows phone. Haven't tried it but eventually when I do I don't think it'll be with a $500+ phone. I don't know why I said One V, even though I rly like that phone if I were to ever use VM.

What I rly meant to say was the One S.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Meh, windows phone. Haven't tried it but eventually when I do I don't think it'll be with a $500+ phone. I don't know why I said One V, even though I rly like that phone if I were to ever use VM.

What I rly meant to say was the One S.
    Am sick and tired of sense. Otherwise the one S design is something sweet. I had a WP phone a while back and I kinda liked its fluidity, hated it for its simplicity
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Pantech Flex anyone?

Am sick and tired of sense. Otherwise the one S design is something sweet. I had a WP phone a while back and I kinda liked its fluidity, hated it for its simplicity
    I haven't rly had much hands on with Sense since the Evo 4G. I wasn't rly a fan of it then but I wasn't a fan of TW either and that is tolerable now.(Assuming you use a 3rd party launcher) HTC sure builds some great feeling phones though.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I haven't rly had much hands on with Sense since the Evo 4G. I wasn't rly a fan of it then but I wasn't a fan of TW either and that is tolerable now.(Assuming you use a 3rd party launcher) HTC sure builds some great feeling phones though.
    HTC biuld quality is undisputed. Sense was beautiful in the pre-ICS error when Android was not much a looker. Touch WIz just gives me a headache everytime I use it!!! The color scheme is just obnoxious. Does Samsung have graphic designers, or was their input valueless?

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Lumia 800, great phone!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    Lumia 800, great phone!
    Great phone. Dead OS. Its worse since WP is not open source, so devs cannot tinker with it and maybe give it a WP8 port. Microsoft royally screwed a lot of people

Nokia n900!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by balboa 147 View Post
    Nokia n900!
    Wot? Does it still exist? I have ever only seen 1

BlackBerry 9700. Still a good phone when called upon

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Galaxy Nexus

ROM
    Stock

Lumia 900

My Galaxy Nexus lol I cant bring myself to get rid of it completely. I'll probably be a collector of nexus phones.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast