Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default How much to get out of a Verizon contract?

Is it to get outta contract with Verizon (been with them for 2 months) so I can get the nexus 4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: How much?

"If your contract term results from your purchase of an Advanced Device after November 14, 2009, your Early Termination Fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. (For a complete list of Advanced Devices, check verizonwireless.com/advanceddevices.)"

So if you bought a smartphone 2 months ago from Verizon, your ETF is $330.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    "If your contract term results from your purchase of an Advanced Device after November 14, 2009, your Early Termination Fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. (For a complete list of Advanced Devices, check verizonwireless.com/advanceddevices.)"

So if you bought a smartphone 2 months ago from Verizon, your ETF is $330.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless
    This is exactly right.

I will be paying $220 this month to leave Verizon, although they offered me $10 off for one year on my 5GB $50 data plan, big whoop.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Back in Oct. 2011 I plunked down $500 for a GS2. At the time, Sprint had pulled a stunt with the terms of the contracts which some users were leveraging to get theirs for $200 by re-upping for another 2-years, but because I wanted to see what was coming down the line in phones and evaluate where Trudge seemed to be going with their LTE and coverage when my contract ended in June 2012. Well, I've been progressively madder and madder with how pathetic Trudge is - NY Times mobile home page loads in a few seconds on a co-worker's MyTouch 4G on T-Mo while it took over a minute(!!) on mine - so I'm soooooooooo glad that I decided to keep my options open and my patience has been rewarded by the arrival of the Nexus 4 and the ability to switch to Straight Talk (or something).
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Default Re: How much to get out of a Verizon contract?

I've heard that the only legal way to get out of the contract without paying early
    Termination fees is to wait until one of the free hikes they throw in a few times a year and then call them within 60 days and say you want out. In effect they broke the contract you signed. Read the fine print. It states that they can change your fees at any time but if they "adversely " affect you then you have the right to cancel service within 60 days. After that time you are assumed to have accepted their new contact terms.

While this is sound legally, they may not give up without a fight... if you don't pay they would probably send it to a collection agency. You'd have to take them to small claims court to get them to go away. But it may be worth a shot.

I'm half way into a two year contract myself on two phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2