Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gone down south
  • 1 Post By chaddeus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default An argument in favor of 8GB

First off..... $50 plus CA sales tax in my pocket buys a lot of formula and diapers

That said, my gut tells me that Google is going to repeat history. The GNex eventually ended up with 16gb and 32gb models, although of course it took a while and one was Verizon specific. The N7 rolled out with 8gb and 16gb models, then midway through it's first year got bumped up to 16gb and 32gb for the same price. Google seems to want to make an initial splash at an attractive price and then reinvigorate the brand with a spec bump later one.

So my guess is that there'll be a 32GB N4 at some point in the 12 months, and that it'll be priced very similar to the current 16gb version. I'm going to gamble that I can get twice the memory in 6 or 8 months for the price I would get today, so I'll buy the small one now, sell it later to cover the difference and upgrade once the 32gb unit comes out.

If I'm wrong, well there's going to be another Nexus phone next November that I'm going to want to get anyways, right? Might as well save a few bucks up front, it's going to take me that long to fill it up anyways.
    donec likes this.

Default Re: An argument in favor of 8GB

$50 isn't overly too much. It really comes down to your needs, would you use more then 5gb? if not then sure go for the 8gb.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    So my guess is that there'll be a 32GB N4 at some point in the 12 months, and that it'll be priced very similar to the current 16gb version. I'm going to gamble that I can get twice the memory in 6 or 8 months for the price I would get today, so I'll buy the small one now, sell it later to cover the difference and upgrade once the 32gb unit comes out..
    Of course there will be a 32GB version eventually, most likely for the price of the 16GB right now.
    BUT, that doesn't make sense why you'd buy the 8GB one? The 16GB one will eventually sell much better than the 8GB, especially when Google releases a 32GB Nexus.
    After all you could just go with the 16GB, maybe it'll even be enough for you, then you won't need to re-invest into a new phone.

Personally, I think 8GB is sufficient, 16GB is plenty. They will NEVER be enough IF you put your entire MP3 collection or your videos on your phone. If you install games, simply just uninstall it when you are done playing.

In the end, its managing that limited storage. Its not too hard and its easy.

- Charles
    donec likes this.

if 32 Gb go on sale. it will be $399.

dont think google is going to do that. look at Galaxy nexus. they never release a 32 Gb(ignore verizon Gnexus) in playstore
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Syrential View Post
    Of course there will be a 32GB version eventually, most likely for the price of the 16GB right now.
    BUT, that doesn't make sense why you'd buy the 8GB one? The 16GB one will eventually sell much better than the 8GB, especially when Google releases a 32GB Nexus.
    After all you could just go with the 16GB, maybe it'll even be enough for you, then you won't need to re-invest into a new phone.
    But with my plan, my wife has $50 left over to buy me more Xmas presents this year