SIM card size

xbilly

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Apologies if this has been asked before...

I have a Nexus One. Will the SIM card from this phone be transferable direct to the Nexus 4 or will I need a new one from my network ?

barguast

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
It is a Micro SIM. Your current SIM will not be compatible. You should be able to request a new one from your operator, or trim it down yourself. I did the former and received a full SIM with a snap-out micro SIM for when the big day comes. :)

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2

HTMLSpinnr

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
For those on T-Mobile, the Micro-SIM is $0.99 online + tax w/ free shipping when you order a pre-paid activation kit. Use that SIM kit and update the registration online using my.t-mobile.com, or activate the new SIM as-is if you're going the prepaid route. The same card in a retail store will run $9.99+tax.

Sim Card Activation Kit For Prepaid Phone or Unlocked iPhone | T-Mobil

I ordered mine today to ensure the new SIM would be in-hand when the N4 arrives.

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For those on T-Mobile, the Micro-SIM is $0.99 online + tax w/ free shipping when you order a pre-paid activation kit. Use that SIM kit and update the registration online using my.t-mobile.com, or activate the new SIM as-is if you're going the prepaid route. The same card in a retail store will run $9.99+tax.

Sim Card Activation Kit For Prepaid Phone or Unlocked iPhone | T-Mobil

I ordered mine today to ensure the new SIM would be in-hand when the N4 arrives.

Wish I would have saw this. I got it done over the phone but probably took 20 minutes longer.

bankmaggot

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to order the kit. I get an error when I place it in my cart and try to check out. I'm an ATT customer but plan to switch to Tmobile once I get the N4.

I got two regular sim activation kit in the mail. I had order them before not realizing the N4 is micro sim. Can I just swap a regular sim to micro sim at a tmobile location and use the same activation kit?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
the term is Micro. the other smaller one is nano.

@OP N4 has micro

Fun fact, the what is considered standard SIM is actually Mini SIM, since SIM card is in original standard smart card size which is card which you get when you buy one and you cut Mini SIM out of it

http://iphonehungary.hu/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/simtori.jpg

NOTE: Nano size is something new so it's not here :p

I guess because Mini SIM popoularaty and irreversible conversation it's near impossible to find any device that use full size SIM even in stationery devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis