Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fairclough
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

    Default [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation



    Because a few people asked. tl;dr: Ummmm, it's a Nexus.
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    2,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    Sweet! Looks good.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    Pretty. Hopefully this is worth going without a phone for two weeks for (broke my phone and waited it out)
    Erckul likes this.
  4. #4  
    obi5683's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    I didn't listen to the audio. I am at work without a set of headphones. I apologize if you said this this in the video, but that is the same as my VZW Galaxy Nexus.
  5. #5  
    Ziptied's Avatar
    Your Resident Googler

    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Ummmm, it's a Nexus.
    Quote Originally Posted by obi5683 View Post
    but that is the same as my VZW Galaxy Nexus.
    Phil was meaning by the comment that its a nexus, therefore its the same boot animation.
  6. #6  
    obi5683's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaguy99 View Post
    Phil was meaning by the comment that its a nexus, therefore its the same boot animation.
    So, I think we can all agree that the VZW Nexus is not really a Nexus like the GSM version, and I had seen a different boot animation for the GNex on JB that had some flipping/rotating triangles.

    Before anyone responds that the VZW Nexus is a Nexus: The VZW Nexus has an unlockable bootloader, it has the same hardware as the GSM Nexus minus the radio portion, and it runs stock Android. The OG Droid had all of these features, but it was not a Nexus. At most I would say that it is a Google Experience device on VZW.
  7. #7  
    Ziptied's Avatar
    Your Resident Googler

    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    Quote Originally Posted by obi5683 View Post
    So, I think we can all agree that the VZW Nexus is not really a Nexus like the GSM version, and I had seen a different boot animation for the GNex on JB that had some flipping/rotating triangles.

    Before anyone responds that the VZW Nexus is a Nexus: The VZW Nexus has an unlockable bootloader, it has the same hardware as the GSM Nexus minus the radio portion, and it runs stock Android. The OG Droid had all of these features, but it was not a Nexus. At most I would say that it is a Google Experience device on VZW.
    The bootloader changed with 4.1 to the current X logo iirc.
  8. #8  
    Kaenon's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    I got 22 second boot time.
  9. #9  
    mzanette's Avatar
    Zee

    Posts
    621 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    That music makes me want to make sweet love to this phone by the fire.
  10. #10  
    obi5683's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaguy99 View Post
    The bootloader changed with 4.1 to the current X logo iirc.
    This
  11. #11  

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    thats sexy
  12. #12  

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    I hope they make this standard for all nexus devices and any future android/devices.
  13. #13  
    DirkBelig's Avatar

    Posts
    1,267 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    Quote Originally Posted by tjm9007 View Post
    I got 22 second boot time.
    My Palm Pre took over three minutes to boot!

    If this boots this quickly, I may start shutting it off when I know I'm not going to be using it for a while, like when I'm at a movie. Why burn a couple of hours juice when I'm not going to be using it? Just shut it off and then fire it up and be live before I get into the lobby.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi
  14. #14  
    corolla90's Avatar

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    Here's a boot comparison to the Galaxy Nexus -- pretty significant difference in boot time!
  15. #15  
    corolla90's Avatar

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    My Palm Pre took over three minutes to boot!

    If this boots this quickly, I may start shutting it off when I know I'm not going to be using it for a while, like when I'm at a movie. Why burn a couple of hours juice when I'm not going to be using it? Just shut it off and then fire it up and be live before I get into the lobby.
    I'm guessing you'd probably save more battery by just enabling airplane mode than turning your phone off and then on again.
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: [VIDEO] Nexus 4 boot animation

    Quote Originally Posted by corolla90 View Post
    Here's a boot comparison to the Galaxy Nexus -- pretty significant difference in boot time!
    23 seconds. thats impressive.

Similar Threads

  1. VZW Galaxy Nexus Boot Animation & Sim Video
    By tcapote in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 10:26 AM
  2. [Boot Animation] Nexus Prime
    By Eollie in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 09:22 PM
  3. [Boot Animation]-Chicago Bulls Intro Video
    By psvillars#ac in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 11:50 AM
  4. Got the Nexus boot animation running on my Droid
    By brandonscott in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 03:18 PM
  5. Nexus One boot animation
    By Fatasaurus in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

B