Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: White version?

While ruining the form factor of the phone completely. I white case wouldn't come close to the being the same.

Not all cases are big and bulky. I'm running a high quality but thin case on my SGS3... and most people who see my phone don't even know it's in a case.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I don't like cases whatsoever, still getting the black regardless although a white one would look pretty nice.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

I would want a white version for the same reason why I was excited the Xbox 360 was originally white: it's different. One of my favorite thing about some of the upcoming Windows phones is that they come in a variety of color. I'd love for a mostly red phone, if that was at all possible. I'm hoping that the Nexus 4 is popular enough that it will have a large selection of cases like the iPhone has, but, if not, I'm happy with the black. It still looks nice.

Wouldn't mind a white phone, if only to distinguish one phone from the other... I'm getting two of them, one for myself the other for the mrs.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

I want the multi color option phone that would be awesome. Samsung is OK but its color options are blah

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Once you go black there is no going back!
    Amen, brother!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    As I've said several times before, white N4's exist, but I have seen NOTHING saying when/if they will come to market, especially nothing about carphone warehouse ;-)
    I know you have said several times. I am not trying to be mean but I guess I have to say I don't believe you. I would like to believe you but I waiting hear something official or someone more reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by KCR View Post
    That's all fine and dandy..... except that I work for Carphone Warehouse, and we had an email from HQ regarding the White N4, that stated we have an exclusive on it in the UK, and it's one of the key deals we are pushing this Xmas season.

Sorry to bust your bubble.
    I believe it when it's official or hear it from a reputable source. Sorry you are not what consider a reliable source.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by socaltyger View Post
    Wouldn't mind a white phone, if only to distinguish one phone from the other... I'm getting two of them, one for myself the other for the mrs.
    Just get a different case. My 2 brothers and myself all got a Galaxy S 2-3 years back they got the same case and i got a different one. We never had problems.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    I know you have said several times. I am not trying to be mean but I guess I have to say I don't believe you. I would like to believe you but I waiting hear something official or someone more reputable.
    I can understand that. I enjoy what I do and won't break a confidentiality agreement to satisfy a forum, and I likewise hope you can understand that.

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I can understand that. I enjoy what I do and won't break a confidentiality agreement to satisfy a forum, and I likewise hope you can understand that.
    Of course not so no need to further mention something you can't speak of or prove.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    ______
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

As I've said several times before, white N4's exist, but I have seen NOTHING saying when/if they will come to market, especially nothing about carphone warehouse ;-)
    thats cool. i'd like to see it on the play store in white around christmas but that doesnt seem very likely.

and if it's just the back that's white a new housing could just be switched out down the road probably.

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I actually found and post that pic like a week ago bit it doesn't prove anything.:rolleyes:

Solve
    Answer
    ______

I actually found and post that pic like a week ago bit it doesn't prove anything.:rolleyes:

Doesn't it prove they exist?

and just like the other picture about bumpers, this is pretty likely a photo with bad white balance on a bottom-lit table that makes it look "white".

... if I had to guess.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    and just like the other picture about bumpers, this is pretty likely a photo with bad white balance on a bottom-lit table that makes it look "white".

... if I had to guess.
    Its a screenshot of the initial video taken in mountain view. This looks like the white variant to me, but this could be a white balance issue in the vid.
    Ricky2009 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by emcdannell View Post
    Doesn't it prove they exist?
    We saw pics of the Xperia Nexus....and well we all know how that turned out. The picture doesn't have any reputable backing to prove it's legitimacy.

Solve
    Answer
    ______

We saw pics of the Xperia Nexus....and well we all know how that turned out. The picture doesn't have any reputable backing to prove it's legitimacy.

oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Like many I hope there is a white version coming soon and hopefully much sooner than April. The GN and NS white versions didn't come out until five months after there launch. Lucky for me my contract doesn't end until March. I believe it was February when we had leaks and release dates came out before the both white models came out in April.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Solve
    Answer
    ______

That's not a white Nexus 4, is just the exposure.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12