White version?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Will they even bother white one is the question. They did make a white GN and NS but people had wait until April to get one. I actually really don't want to wait that long and if Google does come out with a white one I hope it a lot sooner than later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Once you go black there is no going back!

This. My preference is black > white when it comes to cars and technology. Looking around my computer, monitors, speakers, keyboard/mouse, jacket, vehicle are all black. My dog would have black fur if it was natural for him.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
White just looks poor when its dirty, however black can be a (insert dog name) when its chipped on the edges. Well this will be Gorilla Class so i don't think we would have to worry about chipped paint

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Why would Google do this? If they're goal is to limit skus then the answer is no. One phone one model no deviation period.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

jman1323

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think one of the features that makes this phone so sexy is the stealth black front. The lack of hardware buttons and brandings and that display that, when off, blends right in with the black bezel just looks awesome. I'm not sure I would like the looks of this phone if it were white.

qreepii

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I get the feeling that the crystal hologram thing on the back is goldish in most pictures which really wouldn't look that good in white but just my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
White makes for a nice electronic device, and I like my current white phone, but I think black draws your attention to the center of the display and also gives the impression of colors "popping" more on the display and in that I too prefer black.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Carphone Warehouse has an exclusive on the White version and should have stock next week.
They don't have any exclusivity on white model if it even exists. Their was leaked inventory list from Carphone that showed a white and black version of the Nexus 4 however just few days around Google announcing the Nexus 4 Carphone put promotional ads that only listed the black model only.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
lgoptimusgreviewlead02.jpg
Well we all know the Nexus 4 is pretty much Optimus G which is not a bad thing at all. LG made the white version of the Optimus G which I think looks stunning. I was hoping were coming out with white N4 since they came out with a white Nexus 7, GN, and NS. It seemed to be a motif they were starting with the Nexus devices but with the Nexus 7 they choose make white one a Google I/0 model which was very unfortunate. We have yet to see a white N7 for consumers this really does prove they won't come out with white Nexus 4, 7, or even 10 in next couple months. Again the NS and GN didn't come out in white five after the initial launch.

jcsugrue

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
First the chrome around the screen, then the glass back...do we really need to make this phone more of an iPhone?

The Nexus 4 is easily one of the most beautiful and well designed Android phones to date. Just because it shares a few similarities to the iPhone, doesn't mean it is an iPhone. Jony Ives' iPhone designs were heavily inspired by Dieter Rams work at Braun in the 70s, and his ten principles of "good design." As much as I am not a fan of iOS, and it's boring, sterile, locked down interface, Apple's hardware is simplistic and timeless. A simple black screen, with a chrome bezel, is going to look just as good in 10 years as it will today. Samsung's Galaxy Nexus on the other hand, was a fantastic looking phone last December, but looks quite dated to me now. The GNex's sleek black screen doesn't match the bloated, cross hatched graphite, cheap plastic back and bulging camera lens. LG, on the other hand, did a great job designing a product that is minimal and honest. The reflective back may seem gimmicky to some, but I think in the long run the design will prove to be functional, hiding scuffs and scratches that will naturally occur. While it is entirely possible that LG set out to create an iPhone-like handset to entice Apple fans to come to the dark side, it's much more likely that they just set out to create a visually appealing handset, and ended up with a product that shared a few similarities, simply because they followed the same principles as Ives.

KCR

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
They don't have any exclusivity on white model if it even exists. Their was leaked inventory list from Carphone that showed a white and black version of the Nexus 4 however just few days around Google announcing the Nexus 4 Carphone put promotional ads that only listed the black model only.

That's all fine and dandy..... except that I work for Carphone Warehouse, and we had an email from HQ regarding the White N4, that stated we have an exclusive on it in the UK, and it's one of the key deals we are pushing this Xmas season.

Sorry to bust your bubble.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes