Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    BobZhome 9-1-2012

Thumbs up [INFO] Nexus 4 with t-mobile

Okay, so I got everything ready. I spoke with Google, and spoke with t-mobile.

I called google, and if you live in the Missouri area, the s&h should be around $13-$14.
    If you need a micro sim, don't worry about buying a cutter that you're going to use probably once, just call the number 1-877-453-1304, go through the choices till you get to the rep, and ask about a new micro sim. There's a special going on for a micro sim for only $0.99 and free shipping. Comes out to $1.07. You can activate it with a monthly t-mobile 4G plan for only $30 + some change.

The plan includes the following:
    100 minutes of talk (I'm not a big talker, so I don't care)
    Unlimited texting
    Unlimited data(5GB's of '4G' then throttled to 3G)

Overall, this Phone, sim card, and $30 A month '4G' plan will cost around $350. If you have that...You're set.

Also, The Google rep told me that I should open play.google.com around 11:55, then spam F5 around 11:59 and have all your information ready to copy/pasta.

Just a few tips to help you get one of the first Nexus 4's.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: [INFO] Nexus 4 with t-mobile

Sweet thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of that plan as well.

Was that 11:59 am or PM on Nov 12 or 13? Do you know which timezone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    BobZhome 9-1-2012

Idk about the time zone. I should've asked, but on November 12th.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Going to be very annoyed if Google opens up sales at 3AM and end up selling out to west coasters by the time I wake up.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
    cpackar likes this.

For those with an existing contract with T-Mobile, would I still need to pay an activation fee to active the new SIM card?
    (I'm not familiar with T-Mobile's normal policies)

I'm really excited about this phone, Im putting my 9900 BB up for sale just to get it.
    So just to summarize.
    $349 for the 16gb.
    $15 roughly for shipping. (Im in California, so who knows what it will be for us)
    $1+$30 for new SIM/Activation.
    So basically 400 bucks all said and done, yes?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    BobZhome 9-1-2012

Quote Originally Posted by N3RDKING View Post
    For those with an existing contract with T-Mobile, would I still need to pay an activation fee to active the new SIM card?
    (I'm not familiar with T-Mobile's normal policies)

I'm really excited about this phone, Im putting my 9900 BB up for sale just to get it.
    So just to summarize.
    $349 for the 16gb.
    $15 roughly for shipping. (Im in California, so who knows what it will be for us)
    $1+$30 for new SIM/Activation.
    So basically 400 bucks all said and done, yes?
    Essentially yes.

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpackar View Post

I called google, and if you live in the Missouri area, the s&h should be around $13-$14.
    If you need a micro sim, don't worry about buying a cutter that you're going to use probably once, just call the number 1-877-453-1304, go through the choices till you get to the rep, and ask about a new micro sim. There's a special going on for a micro sim for only $0.99 and free shipping. Comes out to $1.07. You can activate it with a monthly t-mobile 4G plan for only $30 + some change.

Unlimited texting

Overall, this Phone, sim card, and $30 A month '4G' plan will cost around $350. If you have that...You're set.

Also, The Google rep told me that I should open play.google.com around 11:55, then spam F5 around 11:59 and have all your information ready to copy/pasta.

So if I am switching from Verizon and keep my same old cell phone number and want to get it ported... will this method affect the way I do things?
    Thanks.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    BobZhome 9-1-2012

Quote Originally Posted by tjm9007 View Post
    So if I am switching from Verizon and keep my same old cell phone number and want to get it ported... will this method affect the way I do things?
    Thanks.
    Once you get the sim, you can call the number again and they can port the number for you.

Thanked by:
    Kaenon 

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Once you get the sim, you can call the number again and they can port the number for you.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

but remember, if you use Google Voice for just voicemail on another number besides your GV number, you can only go to a carrier that supports Conditional Call Forwarding, or else it won't work. T-Mobile prepaid does not support that.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Unlimited texting

Just called the same number and my $1.08 micro sim card is being shipped free via 2-3 day shipping.

Awesome deal.
    cpackar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm9007 View Post
    Unlimited texting
    Sorry, but T-mobile those not offer this plan!! this is an EXCLUSIVE plan for walmart.com with t-mobile. You need to google how to make it work on your new GN4. googd luck.
    tgp

Global Posts
    2,895 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eco7 View Post
    Sorry, but T-mobile those not offer this plan!! this is an EXCLUSIVE plan for walmart.com with t-mobile. You need to google how to make it work on your new GN4. googd luck.
    Besides Walmart, it's also available on t-mobile.com.

Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by tlgraber View Post
    Besides Walmart, it's also available on t-mobile.com.

Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile
    Can you please show me where do you see this plan on t-mobile.com? I think you are confuse.

Can you please show me where do you see this plan on t-mobile.com? I think you are confuse.

Click the link he provided....

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Um, do you see the BIG 'Web Exclusive' box on the right side saying $30 per month?!? LOL...

I do see where you/someone can get confused on HOW you actually order/add it to your cart. You CANNOT until you activate your SIM card. I spoke to TMobile, as when I ordered my micro-SIM card activation kit this past Sunday (arrived today!), I couldn't find where on the website to actually select/add the $30 Web exclusive plan to my cart too, just to get a head start. The customer service rep said that when I received my Nexus 4 and pop in the micro-SIM, go back online to TMobile and click the 'Activate SIM' link and there you will choose the online $30 prepaid plan.

Hope this helps everyone! I CAN'T WAIT!! Arrgggg, one more week

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Um, do you see the BIG 'Web Exclusive' box on the right side saying $30 per month?!? LOL...

I do see where you/someone can get confused on HOW you actually order/add it to your cart. You CANNOT until you activate your SIM card. I spoke to TMobile, as when I ordered my micro-SIM card activation kit this past Sunday (arrived today!), I couldn't find where on the website to actually select/add the $30 Web exclusive plan to my cart too, just to get a head start. The customer service rep said that when I received my Nexus 4 and pop in the micro-SIM, go back online to TMobile and click the 'Activate SIM' link and there you will choose the online $30 prepaid plan.

Hope this helps everyone! I CAN'T WAIT!! Arrgggg, one more week
    Sorry, but this is what I see on my-t-mobile webpage. I know how to shop online and as you can also see, i'm on the $50.00 plan cost the associate told that it was exclusive to walmart. here is a picture of the plans been offered to me.
    [INFO] Nexus 4 with t-mobile-tmplan.jpg

Sorry, but this is what I see on my-t-mobile webpage. I know how to shop online and as you can also see, i'm on the $50.00 plan cost the associate told that it was exclusive to walmart. here is a picture of the plans been offered to me.
    Attachment 45137
    This giant thread will help you...

[GUIDE] Smartphone Service for just $30/month - xda-developers
    Thanked by:

Now we are talking......thx,

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Attachment 45137
    Your attachment cannot be seen, says it's "invalid", so I cannot speak to what your seeing. The original link provided by the other poster clearly shows on the webpage in big letters the $30 plan. LOL, then the associate from TMO was lying to you, as you can CLEARLY see on TMobile's site, the $30 plan. Whatever...

Does Tmobile offer any insurance for the Nexus 4? Or would Square Trade be a better option?

I find that i get better coverage on the roads and highways on at&t. Tmobile switches to 2g so very often >.<
    But that $30 plan is enticing!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM
    BobZhome 9-1-2012

Attachment 45137
    Attachment 45331

I just notice that you must have a new Sim Card and activation kit (is already ordered).......I have a prepaid and I wanted to change over to this plan in 10 days.......But this is a NO GO. You must start clean and do everything from the beginning, that is why I don't see that option as I state before.

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

I just notice that you must have a new Sim Card and activation kit (is already ordered).......I have a prepaid and I wanted to change over to this plan in 10 days.......But this is a NO GO. You must start clean and do everything from the beginning, that is why I don't see that option as I state before.
    Ok, so now that makes sense. I was wondering if you already had an account/plan with TMobile, because the $30 Web special is clearly on their website. But if your wanting to switch to the $30 Web special plan, then it's time to lose everything and start over unfortunately.

Got my MicroSIM & activation kit yesterday so now just a waiting game till next Tuesday at 12:00:01 sec AM.... LOL... CAN"T FRIGGIN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!
    cpackar likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast