Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Nexus 4 release time

Hi,

I'm from the UK and was wondering what time the Nexus 4 actually would become available on the 13th. Will it be 00:00am GMT or will it be a US timezone? Not sure how Google go about their release times.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Nexus 4 release time

No one knows at this time, unfortunately.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

People know, just none of us (including me) do.
    big_time2 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hope someone who knows pipes up ha. Otherwise I'm going to be waking up at all hours of the morning.

I am hoping 00:00 as I am +8 gmt so when i wake up Helllo Nexus 4 order or just before bed.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

What do you think the demand will be like? Are they likely to sell out?

It's impossible to estimate demand really as so many of us are deeply entrenched in the Nexus 4 hype and feeling like the whole world knows about this wonderful device and would be fools not to order it immediately! However the reality is probably quite different and while there will be pretty high demand, I imagine most people that want one should be able to order without much issue.

That said it all depends on how many units are available for each region. Your best bet is to get ordering as soon as you can, I'm in the UK and hopeful that we'll be treated as separate entities on the play store and allowed to order at midnight GMT, even better if we're lumped in with Europe and then we'll be able to order at 11pm GMT.

If availability goes live simultaneously over each region though that'll probably mean 8am on the 13th for us, so I'll have to try and order on my commute!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Perrin View Post
    What do you think the demand will be like? Are they likely to sell out?
    As has been continually discussed here, no one has an idea of what the actual demand is. In the bubble of an Android enthusiast forum, demand seems high. On a national (and international) scale of regular people likely to buy this thing, its a lot harder to measure. We'd also hope that Google has made a whole bunch of these things, but unfortunately we can't be sure that they'll have enough to meet even moderate demand.

Well I won't be able to order until around 4am so I hope it doesn't sell out it 4 hours....I mean that's not really a possibility is it? If it is, that's worse than iPhones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Perrin View Post
    Hi,

I'm from the UK and was wondering what time the Nexus 4 actually would become available on the 13th. Will it be 00:00am GMT or will it be a US timezone? Not sure how Google go about their release times.

Thanks in advance!
    just hit the refresh button every 2 minutes starting 12 am US time lol :-)

it most probably be evening for you folkes

I really hope there's stock left on Friday, I dont get paid until then....

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    just hit the refresh button every 2 minutes starting 12 am US time lol :-) it most probably be evening for you folkes
    On the Australian Google Play it has the 13th aswell, so maybe start clicking about the 12th mid day for you, could be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    Well I won't be able to order until around 4am so I hope it doesn't sell out it 4 hours....I mean that's not really a possibility is it? If it is, that's worse than iPhones.
    Well we don't know if its going on sale at midnight. They may go on sale at noon, in which case sales would be more grouped together.

Again, can't compare to the iPhone. This is a much smaller scale of sales. Google doesn't have 5 million of these things at the ready to be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by qreepii View Post
    I really hope there's stock left on Friday, I dont get paid until then....
    they only charge your credit card when its ready for shipping.

If I was going to guess, I'd say 12:00AM Pacific time because that's where Google is based, which would put you at 8 AM.

they only charge your credit card when its ready for shipping.
    But you don't choose when it ships. Don't buy this thing if you don't have money in your account rdy to be taken out.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Appreciate all the replies, but i think to be safe I'm going to be setting multiple alarms!
    Zee

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts

It'll be REAL NICE if Google announces it a day or so before. I don't want to be sitting in front of my computer all day on Tuesday hitting refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    It'll be REAL NICE if Google announces it a day or so before. I don't want to be sitting in front of my computer all day on Tuesday hitting refresh.
    i thought about it but i thought it would be nice if they release it a week earlier lol
    Zee

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts

i thought about it but i thought it would be nice if they release it a week earlier lol
    I meant just tell everyone the exact time ordering will begin. But your idea would be nice too LOL
    #teamandroid

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Do reckon any shops will sell it unlocked, like they do with the 7?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by damo View Post
    Do reckon any shops will sell it unlocked, like they do with the 7?
    There's no indication that they will. In places served directly by Google with the Play Store, you're better off buying it directly in about 98% of cases. The unlocked prices at different retailers right now around the world are in the $549-$599 range because they're buying supply directly from LG.

I called my local TMobile store, and they said they would sell unlocked N4s unsubsidized. No word on availability or price, but I would assume they would match the Play Store price.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Evervolv JB

Quote Originally Posted by leroy_sunset View Post
    I called my local TMobile store, and they said they would sell unlocked N4s unsubsidized. No word on availability or price, but I would assume they would match the Play Store price.
    Doubtful....I think "unsubsidized" is the $499 they have for the value plan.

I EMAILED GOOGLE A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO ASKING THE SAME QUESTION AND THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID TO ME TODAY, I ASKED AT WHAT TIME THEY WILL RELEASE THE PHONE ON 11/13, THIS IS THERE ANSWER.

Hi Rick,
    The product will be released at the same time on both coast on 11/13/2012. Please feel free to reply to this email with any further questions or concerns.
    Best Regards,
    Orenthal J.
    The Google Play Team
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast