T-Mobile $30 4G plan

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
A little new to tmobile's 4g plans. Do they include free nights and weekends?

Prepaid plans do NOT include free nights and weekends. The 100 mins on the $30 plan are 100 mins, no ifs, ands or buts. If you hit 100 mins mid-call and don't have any credit on your account, it will cut you off.

The contract plans ("Classic" = phone subsidies and "Value" = no subsidies) that don't have unlimited minutes DO have unlimited nights, weekends and wifi calling, though the unlimited wifi calling is an added feature one has to select in My Account even though it's free.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Probably a stupid question but from what I have seen it takes about 24 hours to port a number to tmobile from your current phone. If I did port my current number to tmobile would I be able to use it for the 24 hours it takes to transfer or will I be out of a phone for a day

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

I just ported my number from Verizon to T-Mobile, 3 minutes in the store and the confirmation text came through before I reached my car in the parking lot!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I am really sorry to ask such an off topic question in here but can the n4 work on att? Tmo kinda sux in my town.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I am really sorry to ask such an off topic question in here but can the n4 work on att? Tmo kinda sux in my town.

Yessir, fully compatible. You can get a prepaid sim for att through Straight Talk, will give you a chance to test out the network, etc if you want. :)

jamesey10

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Prepaid plans do NOT include free nights and weekends. The 100 mins on the $30 plan are 100 mins, no ifs, ands or buts. If you hit 100 mins mid-call and don't have any credit on your account, it will cut you off.

No it won't. You start getting billed 10 cents a minute for every minute you go over.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Probably a stupid question but from what I have seen it takes about 24 hours to port a number to tmobile from your current phone. If I did port my current number to tmobile would I be able to use it for the 24 hours it takes to transfer or will I be out of a phone for a day

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Your number will be active on your old phone until it's ported to T-Mobile. Your T-Mobile account will be active the whole time; it will simply change numbers when the port successfully goes through.

I ported from Virgin Mobile to T-Mobile last week & it took 2+ days.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Didn't the FCC just rule that tethering can not incur additional fees? That the data you pay for is your data and is not subject to scrutiny by what device you use to have access to it as long as the host device is registered with your carrier? Hence why Verizon now includes tethering in all their new data plans. Correct me if I am wrong and it does not apply here.

That only applies to Verizon cause the spectrum their 4G LTE is on has this stipulation from the FCC when they bought it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mrandradej

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

The contract plans ("Classic" = phone subsidies and "Value" = no subsidies) that don't have unlimited minutes DO have unlimited nights, weekends and wifi calling, though the unlimited wifi calling is an added feature one has to select in My Account even though it's free.

Thanks for the info. What about mobile to mobile? I assume no as well heh.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow I'm glad I work for T-Mobile. I pay 17$ for unlimited everything no throttling ever and php.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the $30 prepaid plan since getting my N4 for a week now and LOVE IT. Best thing I could've done so far. Took a 10hr trip each way for Thanksgiving holiday up the east coast and along the WHOLE WAY on I-85 had data signal. If this continues, I'm switching over to TMO from VZW by end of this month :)

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
No it won't. You start getting billed 10 cents a minute for every minute you go over.

Yes it will. Read my post. "If you hit 100 mins mid-call and don't have any credit on your account, it will cut you off." It's a good idea to top-up with $35-40 the first time around so that doesn't happen, but if your balance is zero and you hit the 100 mins, your call will drop. The balance can never go below zero, so... click. It happened to me yesterday; I should have known better than to have a $0 balance but forgot, and I was in an area with spotty data so I couldn't VoIP. My normal usage is <50 min/mo, so I wasn't expecting it. Oops.

ETA short version: Just keep a few extra bucks in there and it can charge you if you ever go over. No need to "oops" refill every time it happens.

Thanks for the info. What about mobile to mobile? I assume no as well heh.

Correct. This is what VoIP is for :D

Last edited:

radimir

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
When I signed up for the t mobile plan I put that they could take extra money out for minutes if I went over the 100. I think it's like .10 a minute

I used to be on this Tmo $30 plan a while back on my gnex. I THOUGHT the same thing, that once I went over my 100 min, it ouwld just charge me .10 a min. NOPE. It would shut my account and say I dont have any minutes left. id have to navigate to the refill site on my phone, put more money into it to get more minutes, then call back whoever i was talking to at the time when it disconnected me.

Ended up costing me like $50 a month with me adding minutes. Sometimes more than that.

Then i went to straight talk and its great. Service is good, not amazing. I'm on ATT in my area, and almost always have bars. It says unlimited but I read that its capped @ 2.5gb. I checked my phones data usage and I never go over that a month. I'm around 1.5-1.7gb a month. So it works for me very well.

But I'd love to go back to google to be able to get some of that HSPA+ 42 goodness. I'm near NYC and in it often enough to probably get it. But on TMO unlimited calling and 2GB of data is $60, compared to StraighTalks $45. And unlimited calling with 5GB data on Tmo is $70. That is way too much. Ridiculous price. (How the do VZW people justify existing?? the cunts)

Anyway, straight talk is def. good enough. I say get that.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hook me up with a family/friend discount? ;)

I do have 5 more lines available. Lol.

With my discount I only paid 180$ for my phone. After next year I'll be tenured enough to get two free devices a year. They really do take care of their employees

And no I'm not a sales rep. I work at a call center:)

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Then i went to straight talk and its great. Service is good, not amazing. I'm on ATT in my area, and almost always have bars. It says unlimited but I read that its capped @ 2.5gb. I checked my phones data usage and I never go over that a month. I'm around 1.5-1.7gb a month. So it works for me very well.

But I'd love to go back to google to be able to get some of that HSPA+ 42 goodness. I'm near NYC and in it often enough to probably get it. But on TMO unlimited calling and 2GB of data is $60, compared to StraighTalks $45. And unlimited calling with 5GB data on Tmo is $70. That is way too much. Ridiculous price. (How the do VZW people justify existing?? the cunts)

Anyway, straight talk is def. good enough. I say get that.

If you want T-Mobile's speed without either paying more or being limited to 100 mins, just get a Straight Talk SIM that works on T-Mobile's network. I haven't heard any complaints that ST customers are somehow limited to lower speeds than T-Mo's own.

stanmyers

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Andrew,

We are looking to buy 2 Tmobile 4g unlimited for $30 each from online. Then buy 2 tablets like a Nexus or Samsung, etc to use and make calls using google voice. Do you know how to exactly do this as I do not know how to root or flash, etc.

Just want to buy 2 tablets and have mobile wifi.

Another option is we can add a line for $10 to our att plan to share the 4gigs of data each month, but I do not know how much data will be used for making and receiving calls using talkatone or similar software.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

We are looking to buy 2 Tmobile 4g unlimited for $30 each from online. Then buy 2 tablets like a Nexus or Samsung, etc to use and make calls using google voice. Do you know how to exactly do this as I do not know how to root or flash, etc.

Another option is we can add a line for $10 to our att plan to share the 4gigs of data each month, but I do not know how much data will be used for making and receiving calls using talkatone or similar software.

Thanks

stanmyers

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks