Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrew Martonik
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Store Stock Delay.

I bet that title put fear into some of you, I have been emailing a few of my local tech stores - particularly because my school gave me $100 gift card... however they stock the 7. Anyway's I went around enquiring about the Nexus 4 and stores it will be. I am not sure if you guy's have a store called "JB HI FI" in your country, but their are a few here. Today my local one got back to with an email (the others didnt reply).

In regards to the Google/LG Nexus 4 phone, the announcement of its release in New York has possibly been delayed due to the Hurricane which is affecting the arrival and announcement of release here. If you would like, we can contact you as soon as we get the item in stock.
    I presume that is a YES for JB HI FI stocking the Nexus 4
    & A NO for it will be available in store on the 13th... least there is Google Play Store.

Default Re: Store Stock Delay.

Sounds like they might just be trying to be nice.

Why do you want it from a brick & mortar store anyways? The Play Store ships directly to Australia, and we already know that retailers are going to be charging much more than Google directly... You're basically getting excited for the possibility of overpaying for the Nexus 4 .
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My school gave me $100 gift card to use at place I don't shop at for a class assignment which they ended up publishing as part of their annual. They only charged $15 more for the Nexus 7 so I figure thats about an $85 dollar savings. It might be more convenient as in my apartment my neighbours aren't the best & apparently google is mailing to PO box's which is a bit odd as all couriers have never had a problem leaving it at the office for me to sign off on later in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    My school gave me $100 gift card to use at place I don't shop at for a class assignment which they ended up publishing as part of their annual. They only charged $15 more for the Nexus 7 so I figure thats about an $85 dollar savings. It might be more convenient as in my apartment my neighbours aren't the best & apparently google is mailing to PO box's which is a bit odd as all couriers have never had a problem leaving it at the office for me to sign off on later in the day.
    Well it'll be ~$299/349 from the Play Store. Retailers in countries that aren't served by the Play Store have reported MSRP's of about $549/599. Even with $100 off you're still losing money getting it from a retailer.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Fairclough likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I guess I will see how it pans out on the 13th, unfortunate for those guys.
    if its jacked up ridiculously unlike the N7 its definitely the play store.