Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: OMG I think a Motorola nexus is in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    Not true moosc. They care, believe me. They just didn't want the open handset alliance to think they were playing favorites by immediately going to moto for the nexus, but let's face it, there will be one, one day. Google is a business, patents were only part of the decision to buy moto
    Just out of curiosity, why would Google care what the other manufacturers think? Isn't Android opened to anyone? I was under the impression from other posts on this forum that other manufacturers aren't breaking down any doors to make a Nexus device, so I don't really see why they would care if Google starts cranking out Motorola Nexus phones. It's not like other manufacturers can't make phones like the Nexus that are stock Android and update quickly.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    I own Google stock, so I can say "we own," ok? Not saying you don't, but owning an Android doing make you a shareholder. End rant. I'm sure we'll see a Nexus device from Moto eventually, as with any other major manufactuer.
    Number one, if we're going down that road, I've gotten stock every year from Google as part of my Christmas bonus, and would be willing to bet I own more of it than you And I'm an employee not some device toting fanboy.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts

Number one, if we're going down that road, I've gotten stock every year from Google as part of my Christmas bonus, and would be willing to bet I own more of it than you And I'm an employee not some device toting fanboy.
    HAHAHAHA... someone just got f-ing OWNED boy! Love it... Take that Con-puta!
    Thanked by:

The only way that I can see Con trumping this one is if he says that he gets Apple stock as part of his Christmas bonus ..LOL But in all fairness, remember, if it wasn't for the device toting fanboys you may not be getting that stock.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FishPharm View Post
    The only way that I can see Con trumping this one is if he says that he gets Apple stock as part of his Christmas bonus ..LOL But in all fairness, remember, if it wasn't for the device toting fanboys you may not be getting that stock.
    (I am a multi-device toting fanboy, there's a difference)
    Thanked by:
    FishPharm likes this.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FishPharm View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why would Google care what the other manufacturers think? Isn't Android opened to anyone? I was under the impression from other posts on this forum that other manufacturers aren't breaking down any doors to make a Nexus device, so I don't really see why they would care if Google starts cranking out Motorola Nexus phones. It's not like other manufacturers can't make phones like the Nexus that are stock Android and update quickly.
    The open handset alliance is way bigger than Nexus as a brand, Google want's certain things from certain manufacturers, and believe me, they all want to make a nexus. Directly jumping to Moto would've been seen as favoritism (Which google is against) to the other members of the OHA.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Here's to hoping that Motorola does a Nexus with 4g, what a novel idea,,,,
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

First off, Moto has one Big battery, the Maxx. The others are in line with everything and everyone else

Next, Google is OBLIGATED CONTRACTUALLY to not show any favoritism to Moto for 5 years. Moto can win a fair fight in bidding for the Nexus, but other than that Google can do nothing more for them than they would do for any other company. It was the only way the Chinese would allow the purchase.

that isnt a hint, that is him saying he would love to have moto making one. What company wouldnt? You guys will hate me for this, but it is the only comparison that I can make and be accurate. People will buy a **** load of them because they have nexus on them just like putting a big old Apple on the back. Doesnt matter if it is better than what is out or not, It will sell.

We are done hearing about any more Nexus phones until next year. Done. Next year (early) might bring 32 GB or 4G, but is still will be an LG Optimus Nexus or whatever you want to go with.
    gone down south likes this.

#Motonexus would be my dream phone, been thinking about that one for a year and a half. That is if Moto would have a big @ss battery and keep an sd slot for memory, but google probably wouldn't do that, even though game apps are 1 gb, and I have 4.2 gb of apps on my Gnex. If Moto could pull some type of better screen off like HTC or even Samsung-esque that would be great. At least we know the hardware would be solid. I dropped my D1 over 20 times from 3 feet and it never broke, cracked, or even scratched the screen. But Google needs to get over the minimum storage, in a time when the "Duopoly" att & verizon are charging premium for data, it's not cost effective to be streaming for those who don't have unlimited and have the Rip-off Tiers. Google was pushing GDrive really hard when earlier this year they released the chrome book with only 16 gb storage, and continued to do so with tablets and no more expandable storage. They want GDrive to take off and become mainstream and have been pushing it hard right now.

*Also, even though I have a 32gb Gnex, I still got the GDrive 200 gb for storage, mostly HD videos.

well, google sells a lot of ads via "device toting fanboys," so i question why as a google employee you would bring that up, whether that is in jest or not. I'm guessing google management wouldn't appreciate these kinds of remarks, someone trolling under their name, and mentioning getting stock as part of a "Christmas" bonus. i'm tired of the juvenile responses...and people getting 'owned,' etc. that's not why most of us come here. don't bother responding....i'm not going to engage so dont waste your time. sorry to the mature readers for the rant.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by briankariu View Post
    LG aint even out of the gate yet and Punit Soni, the Motorola guy is already hinting that a Motorola Nexus might be in the works.
    Head over to his google+ page here
    Make sure to read all the comments though. If that is not hinting, I dunno what is
    Even if it were in the works there's no way it'll be out before 9 months. they wouldn't want two nexus smartphones competing with each other, unless they were drastically different in size, shape, cpu, etc..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12