Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: So, it's November 13th and you log in to purchase a N4, but....

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    I don't see any logic in this post

Why wouldn't anyone wanna spend only as extra $50 for DOUBLE the space? That's a dinner for 2 or a stop or two to the gas station for most.
    'Cause I'd be spending $50 extra and still have to spend time managing my files, 16GB doesn't spare me from the hassle I'd get with 8GB, so it doesn't benefit me. Whatever you want to say $50 is, that's $50 I could be spending on something rather than nothing.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by masqueofhastur View Post
    'Cause I'd be spending $50 extra and still have to spend time managing my files, 16GB doesn't spare me from the hassle I'd get with 8GB, so it doesn't benefit me. Whatever you want to say $50 is, that's $50 I could be spending on something rather than nothing.
    I'm all for saving money as well, I just don't see how 8 (which is prob under 6gb) can compare to just getting extra storage. How are you planning on managing just with 8?

I'd save the money too if you can explain your method

Global Posts
    526 Global Posts

If the 16gb is sold out, I'll just get the 8 and save my $50.

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

Default So, it's November 13th and you log in to purchase a N4, but....

Not a chance in hell am I getting an 8gb model. I'll wait.
    2013 Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 GPE and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

I just wish the smartphone makers would actually make the capacity we pay for available for storage.

16 gb would be great if it had 16 gb available instead of 12

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'd wait. Doubt they will be sold out...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    I just wish the smartphone makers would actually make the capacity we pay for available for storage.

16 gb would be great if it had 16 gb available instead of 12
    Well the chips come in 8, 16, 32GB... the OS is ~1.5GB. Would it make you feel better if they just advertised it as a 14GB model? lol.
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T
    ChromeJob and Fairclough like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    Well the chips come in 8, 16, 32GB... the OS is ~1.5GB. Would it make you feel better if they just advertised it as a 14GB model? lol.
    Better than saying 16 but when you get the phone 25% isn't available

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Better than saying 16 but when you get the phone 25% isn't available
    Think its pretty understood at this point that you won't get the full 16GB (or whatever) that the device physically has. Not to mention that every single device will have different amounts available, as the stock software/firmware footprint isn't the same on every device.

Don't think "Nexus 4 13.33GB" has the same zing to it as "Nexus 4 16GB"...
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Thanked by:

My solution is the nexus 7 is the media device and the nexus 4 will be the utility device. So books, music, etc on my 7 (16gb) and audiobooks, manuals, social, internet radio on the 4 (16gb).

I take a backpack to work everyday with documents, notes etc. Hauling the n7 hasnt been a pain since its been my phone for the last 2 months. And the n4 will fit quite well in that arrangement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    ChromeJob likes this.

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Does anyone have an extra Flux Capacitor? I seem to be a few days behind this thread.....dated 9 November 2012.

Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

Think its pretty understood at this point that you won't get the full 16GB (or whatever) that the device physically has. Not to mention that every single device will have different amounts available, as the stock software/firmware footprint isn't the same on every device.

Yeah i know, it's always like that with storage.

I still find it annoying.

Add some extra storage to make the AVAILABLE storage the stated capacity.

I'm getting the Nexus 4 8GB...don't really use much internal storage currently with my GS3 so not worried about it. Cloud storage for all my photos or videos.

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    I'm all for saving money as well, I just don't see how 8 (which is prob under 6gb) can compare to just getting extra storage. How are you planning on managing just with 8?

I'd save the money too if you can explain your method
    Same way I manage with 8GB on my Lumia 710 or 8GB on my N95 or 8GB on my iPod touch or 2GB on my Curve 9300. I just have a small selection of music that I really like, handle the rest with Slacker, delete apps when I'm not using them anymore, clear out PDFs when I'm finished reading them, and so on.

I haven't made any use of the cloud yet (although I have 25GB on 2 different SkyDrive accounts), so it's not even depending on that.

If I had 16GB I'd still need to keep my music selection managed, would still need to delete PDFs and apps when I'm done, and would still make use of streaming media, just I wouldn't have to do it quite as often.

Gutted. Not sure if i can get it on the 13th, Google apparently hasn't announced its date for Australia its just fill in your email to be notified. I really want to murder someone right now. (metaphorically speaking)
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Don't really like getting a HDD with Hundreds of MBs missing from TB HDDs to start off with because of the so called standards either but it happens, so it not really 16 GB to start with in the phone and it goes down from there, if it is 16GB it should be what it says....of course minus the Operating System.

AND of course if you have to wait a week or so after in order to order it, you may be able to have your screen protectors and phone cases ready for when it does arrive, so really it would be better to wait since the people selling the protectors and cases are too.
    Fairclough likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy View Post
    Don't really like getting a HDD with Hundreds of MBs missing from TB HDDs to start off with because of the so called standards either but it happens, so it not really 16 GB to start with in the phone and it goes down from there, if it is 16GB it should be what it says....of course minus the Operating System.
    "rounding up" to the nicest number. Hard drives, always have to get the next size up to the one advertised if you need that exact room ...
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

When consumers realize the capacity situation they feel ripped off when it is HDD or even usb, it is what it is, they don't per say round up, they go by the bytes, which is a loosely configured, some manufacturers have more capacity for the same GB than others, but it is also there in CD, DVD, Blu-Ray media as well because it is a storage media.

When they advertise the phone as having a 16GB storage, they blindly don't realize that the OS and apps that are pre installed so that is true a misconception too, they should say with a storage capacity just over 13GB minus the OS and apps to drop the confusion, well really it is a hard way of telling anybody the capacity I guess, but it just simply comes down to the way it is advertised that knocks people senseless sometimes, even though they should have thought about it a bit rather than get upset.

They should advertise it like this....."16GB with a storage capacity just over 13GB" and that should make people not so confused when they get there phone and they wont be so clueless to the storage dilemma.
    Last edited by Arctic Prodigy; 11-10-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Yeah at the end of the day there is nothing you can do about it and its something everyone will have to put up with just like everyone complaining about an internal battery which i like.
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I might as well as wait for the 16GB version for another week or two anyways, I know me, and I see how everything is playing out, you will not be able to get a decent case until the actual release of the phone and I am liable to take it out of the box to show friends and family just to have it slip out of hand, desk or even a mis place in putting it in pocket and it lands right on the floor cracked or shattered, no, best to bet a good case before ordering.

On the other hand, I know me, I am going to order if I can on the morning of the 13th, and if not then, after work on the 13.....I think I can manage to keep it in the box.....well open up to look at it anyway and wait for my case to come in from Hong Kong or China or......etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Gutted. Not sure if i can get it on the 13th, Google apparently hasn't announced its date for Australia its just fill in your email to be notified. I really want to murder someone right now. (metaphorically speaking)
    My understanding is that it will release there on the 13th just as it will here in the US, according to Google's official blog:

The short version is that it says this:

Here are more details on when and where you can pick up your next Nexus device:

Nexus 4: 8GB for $299; 16GB for $349; available unlocked and without a contract on 11/13 on the Google Play store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada. The 16GB version will also be available through T-Mobile for $199, with a 2-year contract (check here for more details).

Yeah, it fixed it self up again as revealing the date now. Ours is 349, 399

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    I have a $100 gift card to a store which stocks the N7 and saying their waiting on google's shipment. They only markted the N7 up by $18 so might aswell use it. If that doesn't work - as I have no phone at the moment - broke it. Play with myself till it arrives.
    This is exactly what I am going through haha

I'll get the 8GB anyway, my plan will be unlimited so I'll use the cloud for everything anyway. and use those 50 bucks to eat this week.

I'm fine with 8 GB, I'd just rather 16 GB.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast