So, it's November 13th and you log in to purchase a N4, but....

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Think its pretty understood at this point that you won't get the full 16GB (or whatever) that the device physically has. Not to mention that every single device will have different amounts available, as the stock software/firmware footprint isn't the same on every device.

Don't think "Nexus 4 13.33GB" has the same zing to it as "Nexus 4 16GB"...

Don't really like getting a HDD with Hundreds of MBs missing from TB HDDs to start off with because of the so called standards either but it happens, so it not really 16 GB to start with in the phone and it goes down from there, if it is 16GB it should be what it says....of course minus the Operating System.

AND of course if you have to wait a week or so after in order to order it, you may be able to have your screen protectors and phone cases ready for when it does arrive, so really it would be better to wait since the people selling the protectors and cases are too. ;)

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Don't really like getting a HDD with Hundreds of MBs missing from TB HDDs to start off with because of the so called standards either but it happens, so it not really 16 GB to start with in the phone and it goes down from there, if it is 16GB it should be what it says....of course minus the Operating System.
"rounding up" to the nicest number. Hard drives, always have to get the next size up to the one advertised if you need that exact room ...

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
When consumers realize the capacity situation they feel ripped off when it is HDD or even usb, it is what it is, they don't per say round up, they go by the bytes, which is a loosely configured, some manufacturers have more capacity for the same GB than others, but it is also there in CD, DVD, Blu-Ray media as well because it is a storage media.

When they advertise the phone as having a 16GB storage, they blindly don't realize that the OS and apps that are pre installed so that is true a misconception too, they should say with a storage capacity just over 13GB minus the OS and apps to drop the confusion, well really it is a hard way of telling anybody the capacity I guess, but it just simply comes down to the way it is advertised that knocks people senseless sometimes, even though they should have thought about it a bit rather than get upset.

They should advertise it like this....."16GB with a storage capacity just over 13GB" and that should make people not so confused when they get there phone and they wont be so clueless to the storage dilemma.

Last edited:

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah at the end of the day there is nothing you can do about it and its something everyone will have to put up with just like everyone complaining about an internal battery which i like.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I might as well as wait for the 16GB version for another week or two anyways, I know me, and I see how everything is playing out, you will not be able to get a decent case until the actual release of the phone and I am liable to take it out of the box to show friends and family just to have it slip out of hand, desk or even a mis place in putting it in pocket and it lands right on the floor cracked or shattered, no, best to bet a good case before ordering.

On the other hand, I know me, I am going to order if I can on the morning of the 13th, and if not then, after work on the 13.....I think I can manage to keep it in the box.....well open up to look at it anyway and wait for my case to come in from Hong Kong or China or......etc....

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Gutted. Not sure if i can get it on the 13th, Google apparently hasn't announced its date for Australia its just fill in your email to be notified. I really want to murder someone right now. (metaphorically speaking)

My understanding is that it will release there on the 13th just as it will here in the US, according to Google's official blog: Official Google Blog: Nexus: The best of Google, now in three sizes

The short version is that it says this:

Here are more details on when and where you can pick up your next Nexus device:

Nexus 4: 8GB for $299; 16GB for $349; available unlocked and without a contract on 11/13 on the Google Play store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada. The 16GB version will also be available through T-Mobile for $199, with a 2-year contract (check here for more details).

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a $100 gift card to a store which stocks the N7 and saying their waiting on google's shipment. They only markted the N7 up by $18 so might aswell use it. If that doesn't work - as I have no phone at the moment - broke it. Play with myself till it arrives.

This is exactly what I am going through haha

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll get the 8GB anyway, my plan will be unlimited so I'll use the cloud for everything anyway. and use those 50 bucks to eat this week.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My solution is the nexus 7 is the media device and the nexus 4 will be the utility device. So books, music, etc on my 7 (16gb) and audiobooks, manuals, social, internet radio on the 4 (16gb).
Same here. I uninstalled Currents, Play Books, and a few other apps from my phone when I started using the N7 a lot.
I take a backpack to work everyday with documents, notes etc. Hauling the n7 hasnt been a pain since its been my phone for the last 2 months.
I'd like to hear (in a different thread, on the N7 forum) how you managed to do this....

Yeah i know, it's always like that with storage.

I still find it annoying.

Add some extra storage to make the AVAILABLE storage the stated capacity.
Let's cure cancer and create a lasting world peace first. :rolleyes: This is just not something that I see being "fixed" for us any time soon.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
So, about a minute ago I travelled to the future.
Guess what? There were plenty available for everyone. And yes it's an amazing device.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
What? How do you know? I don't know if you're trying to be funny or if you talked to someone and know something we don't.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Haha of course I wasn't being honest. :p Unless you know how to travel to the future?!

But seriously I doubt they will be sold out.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I know how to travel to the future but I didn't know anyone else did. It's like the movies,I always end up in the wrong time and have trouble getting back.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
They'll surely have plenty. But order fulfillment will take some time. I called Google Play's live phone support Friday afternoon, was told they are predicting 3-5 days processing time "no less than 3 days." And, apparently, 2-day shipping after that (USA).

Because I'm traveling, I can't order the first day. Waa-waaaaaah. And since I found out why my Amaze wasn't connecting to WiFi at work (not the phone's fault, at least not in the present), I can suffer with HTC's through the holidays. I'm hoping -- betting -- that the 8GB + 16GB choices are due to long lead times in manufacturing, contracts with LG, design specs, etc. The change to the Nexus 7 line was probably started in August, and based on actual and projected sales, so on the assumption that the Nexus4 will be a phenomenal success, a 32GB version could be in the making a few months out. (crosses fingers with a dopey, hopeful look on my face)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad