Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Shipping 11/13 or Just Available to Order?

In everything I have read about this phone, I am drawing a blank on whether they are saying it will just be available to order on 11/13 or if it will be potentially shipping on/near that day as well. I just threw my One X up on Ebay and now am wondering if that was a mistake because I will have to send it out by 11/17. I know Google is pretty quick about shipping when available, but I would hate to go to order and find out that it isn't going to be available until December or something. Any concrete evidence either way?

Default Re: Shipping 11/13 or Just Available to Order?

However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment.
    Grabbed that from: Shipping & delivery - Google Play Help

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Pending payment, I can't imagine them not shipping within 24 hours...not same day

With the massive amount of orders that they will be receiving on the 13th, I wouldn't put any money on them shipping it out the same day.

I don't know how everything works in their warehouses, of coarse.

Quote Originally Posted by Enviii View Post
    I don't know how everything works in their warehouses, of coarse.
    I don't know. I always imagine funny monkeys in colorful dresses working at the Google warehouse.

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Amazon manages to ship gazillions of packages per day which are all different: One may be just a book, while another may be some vitamins, a Blu-ray, an iPod Touch and a book. Google is shipping one of a literal handful of items: Nexus 4/7/10, Chromebook, and a smattering of cases and chargers. They may have less than a dozen items total. Unless people are combo-buying, the Nexus 4 shipping process should consist of slapping a pre-printed label on the shipping box that already has a phone box inside it. Order comes in, CC is charged, label is printed, slap, toss on UPS truck, gone, ours.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Who says that Google is even warehousing the devices, they may be shipping directly from their respective manufacturers.

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Manufacturers don't ship their own stuff directly, they sell to distributors; especially when you remember that Samsung, LG, and ASUS are in South Korea and Taiwan. My Nexus 7 came from the Google Play store. There is a warehouse(s) full of product right this moment and next Tuesday, the floodgates will be opened.
    Last edited by DirkBelig; 11-09-2012 at 12:40 AM.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Anyone remember where their previous PlayStore device purchases were shipped from? I'm presuming Google has a contract warehouse facility out there somewhere with all this stock just sitting on racks waiting to go out!

Here's the grand total of what we know:

"Coming soon!
    Available for purchase on Tuesday, Nov. 13th"

Anyone who tells you anything more than that is making assumptions.

Ships as payment clears I suspect.

it's just common sense