1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default is the nexus 4 worth it for me?

Hey everyone,

Long story short in September I bought a galaxy s2 t989 for 300$ new off contract due to my optimus black braking. I only bought the s2 for the price because I couldn't hold off till the next nexus. But I've learned to like it. Money is not the best right now BTW.

I can get past the no lte, no SD card, and no removable battery. What's the most important to me is camera quality, call quality, battery life (just a day is fine) and stock android with timely updates. My current phone IMO has a great camera, call quality, battery life but will prob never leave ics . Nova launcher has greatly improved the performance though.

The thing is, I feel guilty about buying a new phone so soon. I think I could live with the s2 x . If I do upgrade grade the s2 will be given to someone in my family.

Is the nexus going to be better for the features I want?

Thanks in advance.

Wilderthing
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: is the nexus 4 worth it for me?

Also, I have the nexus 7 and love it, I think having a similar is on my phone would be awesome. All games, etc are on my tablet now with the exception of one or Two apps to kill time when needed.

Only you can answer that. If money is tight see if you can sell your phone to the family member for $100-$150. That way they get a good deal and makes it easier for you to upgrade. Also no doubt the nexus will be better about updates. Battery seems subjective but Phil's nexus 4 review seems impressive. Same goes for the camera. I rarely take photos so I wouldn't know what you consider good.

You have a good phone, enjoy it, there's no need to spend money you don't have.

SII is a great phone, my mates adore it. Personally, I wouldn't mind ether. I think keep with the SII if it makes you happy.

I am in the same boat as you... I have the same phone... Got mine on the day they came out... I have had the phone just over a year now... I hate this thing.... I am considering picking up a Nexus 4... I want to see what a few more real life reviews are before I run out and buy one... For me its probably going to be early new year before I purchase a Nexus 4... Whats the hurry to run out and grab a new phone... Wait it out a little and put a few more bucks away.. Either that or ask Santa for a new phone or some xmas money to put towards one... That is my plan... Drafting up my letter to send to the north pole now lol
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by shushwap View Post
    I am in the same boat as you... I have the same phone... Got mine on the day they came out... I have had the phone just over a year now... I hate this thing.... I am considering picking up a Nexus 4... I want to see what a few more real life reviews are before I run out and buy one... For me its probably going to be early new year before I purchase a Nexus 4... Whats the hurry to run out and grab a new phone... Wait it out a little and put a few more bucks away.. Either that or ask Santa for a new phone or some xmas money to put towards one... That is my plan... Drafting up my letter to send to the north pole now lol
    Lucky you my Santa will just give coal.
    Last edited by Fairclough; 11-11-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilderthing View Post
    What's the most important to me is camera quality, call quality, battery life (just a day is fine) and stock android with timely updates.
    • Camera quality on a phone is a funny story. It'll never be as good as DSLR unless there will be a major improvement over the current sensors. However, compared to other phones you'll probably be slightly disappointed in that point.
    • Battery life will be just fine, nothing to worry about, 2100mah is plenty for a day, don't listen to funny reviewers claiming something else.
    • Call quality is said to be extremely good compared to other current phones, no worries there either.
    • Stock Android updates, well then this is the phone you should get.

BUT

Quote Originally Posted by wilderthing View Post
    The thing is, I feel guilty about buying a new phone so soon. I think I could live with the s2 x . If I do upgrade grade the s2 will be given to someone in my family.
    That's a choice you have to personally make and no one can help you with that. With nowadays technology you'll always feel "old" with your hardware after a few months, that's just the way it goes. I, however, believe that for the price the Nexus 4 is sold there's not much you can do wrong. Honestly, even if there will be another, better phone from a different producer, chances that you will be able to buy a phone with this quality for such a low price is extremely low within the next year.

If your phone is serving you fine, and money is tight, don't bother buying the Nexus 4 right now. If you're having problems with your phone right now, then it makes quite a bit of sense to buy the Nexus 4. ICS isn't bad - even if that's the last update you'll ever get, there's always rooting and putting on CM or w/e.