Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ryanr509
  • 2 Post By DirkBelig
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Default nexus 4 on Virgin Mobile

Will the Nexus 4 work on the Virgin Mobile network?
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Default Re: nexus 4 on Virgin Mobile

I presume you mean US Virgin, If Aus Virgin I feel sorry for you. However if is GSM i believe it would work, according to google Virgin Mobile USA doesnt have gsm. Australian customers yes you can. US - No
    Last edited by Fairclough; 11-09-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    Will the Nexus 4 work on the Virgin Mobile network?
    No

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    Andrew Martonik likes this.

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No, because Virgin Mobile runs on Sprint's network and Sprint is CDMA and thus incompatible with the GSM-only Nexus 4. Your carrier choices are AT&T, T-Mobile or any MVNO that rides on their airwaves. Verizon, Sprint, Boost, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, etc. users need not apply at this time.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    No, because Virgin Mobile runs on Sprint's network and Sprint is CDMA and thus incompatible with the GSM-only Nexus 4. Your carrier choices are AT&T, T-Mobile or any MVNO that rides on their airwaves. Verizon, Sprint, Boost, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, etc. users need not apply at this time.
    Thanks for the DETAILED response. I didn't realize that Virgin Mobile utilized sprints network

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    Thanks for the DETAILED response. I didn't realize that Virgin Mobile utilized sprints network

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Virgin and Boost are both prepaid carriers that are owned and operated by Sprint.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T

Virgin mobile would be a waste to have this phone on... 35 dollars for 350 minutes and unlimited text and data...but the data is the left-overs of Sprints 3G which is unbearably slow (At least here in Southern California) it's so bad that I can't even check facebook without devoting a significant amount of time and battery waiting for it to load. Tmobiles 30$ plan is so much better.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Bilago, I had Virgin Mobile before switching to T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile is NOT that bad. At least in my area. My current T-Mobile service is not impressive next to my previous Virgin Mobile service. They're about the same, only one cost me half as much.
    Party like a Ninja Star

Quote Originally Posted by marcus.plans View Post
    Bilago, I had Virgin Mobile before switching to T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile is NOT that bad. At least in my area. My current T-Mobile service is not impressive next to my previous Virgin Mobile service. They're about the same, only one cost me half as much.
    Well you are the lucky one then. I have 5 bars 3g, but I can hardly do anything that requires bandwidth.

It will work on Virgin in Canada and the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by masqueofhastur View Post
    It will work on Virgin in Canada and the UK.
    Indeed. Good clarification. This discussion only pertains to Virgin USA, which is a CDMA carrier. Virgin in other countries is usually GSM.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T

Well my Virgin mobile plan ends today. I have made the decision to save the 35 dollars and be phone-less until I receive the N4. If only my Optimus V had enough storage to have google maps cached so I can still use the GPS in the meantime. :-P