T-Mobile Coverage/Data Speeds in Washington DC Area?

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm well aware of TM's coverage map. I pulled it up, seems like the DC area is well covered. I'm currently with Sprint (and my 3G speeds basically suck). I'm gonna be picking up the N4 on release, but wanted to (hopefully) hear from current TM users in the DC area and get their thoughts on coverage and average speeds on HSPA+. I believe this area has +42, right?

Thanks.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I average about 5-7 MBps download inside the beltway on the Virginia side. Some places are faster, some are slower, but on the average it's pretty good as long as you're close to town.

Edit: yes, DC is HSPA+42. It's also covered by HSPA+42 on the 1900 band

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I average about 5-7 MBps download inside the beltway on the Virginia side. Some places are faster, some are slower, but on the average it's pretty good as long as you're close to town.

Edit: yes, DC is HSPA+42. It's also covered by HSPA+42 on the 1900 band

Great, thanks! And good to have the cowboy in the area. 5-7mbps on download on average would be effing great over what I've been getting on Sprint's 3G. WiMax isn't bad, but only if you can get a signal and maintain it for long.

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I would appreciate knowing people's experience with the signal when you're inside. The biggest complaint I've heard from TM folks is that they can't hold a signal in their house or other buildings. Thanks.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
NP in NYC with signal inside most buildings.

If I am in the basement of certain buildigs then the signal drops off, other than that I am VERY happy with Tmobile.

I would appreciate knowing people's experience with the signal when you're inside. The biggest complaint I've heard from TM folks is that they can't hold a signal in their house or other buildings. Thanks.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I know this thread is really old, but has any one else had a severe drop in speeds over the last week or so? I used to get decent speeds at my house and job (3500-6000kbs) but recently it'd dropped to Sprint speeds (60-150kbs). It happened a about a week after after T-Mobile announced their new plans. Is it just a capacity issue? Or is something really wrong?

nb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui