List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Seeing a lot of folks asking, so here's the list in alphabetical order by city name.

1. Akron, OH
2. Albany, GA
3. Albuquerque, NM
4. Allentown, PA
5. Anderson, SC
6. Ann Arbor, MI
7. Asheville, NC
8. Athens, GA
9. Atlanta, GA
10. Auburn, AL
11. Augusta, GA
12. Austin, TX
13. Baltimore, MD
14. Barnstable Town, MA
15. Bellingham, WA
16. Bend, OR
17. Benton Harbor, MI
18. Bentonville, AR
19. Bloomington, IL
20. Bloomington, IN
21. Boise, ID
22. Boston, MA
23. Boulder, CO
24. Bremerton, WA
25. Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, CT
26. Brownsville, TX
27. Brunswick, GA
28. Canton, OH
29. Carson City, NV
30. Cape Coral, FL
31. Champaign-Urbana, IL
32. Charleston-North Charleston, SC
33. Charlotte, NC
34. Charlottesville, VA
35. Chattanooga, TN
36. Chicago, IL
37. Chico, CA
38. Cleveland, OH
39. Coeur d?Alene, ID
40. Colorado Springs, CO
41. Columbia, SC
42. Columbus, GA
43. Columbus, OH
44. Corpus Christi, TX
45. Corvallis, OR
46. Dallas, TX
47. Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach, FL
48. Denver, CO
49. Detroit, MI
50. Durham, NC
51. El Paso, TX
52. Eugene, OR
53. Fayetteville, NC
54. Flagstaff, AZ
55. Flint, MI
56. Florence, SC
57. Fort Collins, CO
58. Fresno, CA
59. Gainesville, FL
60. Gainesville, GA
61. Greeley, CO
62. Greensboro, NC
63. Greenville, SC
64. Hagerstown, MD
65. Harrisburg, PA
66. Hartford, CT
67. Hickory-Lenoir-Morgantown, NC
68. Honolulu, HI
69. Houston, TX
70. Indianapolis, IN
71. Jacksonville, FL
72. Killeen, TX
73. Knoxville, TN
74. Lafayette, IN
75. Lakeland, FL
76. Lancaster, PA
77. Laredo, TX
78. Las Cruces, NM
79. Las Vegas, NV
80. Long Island, NY
81. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA
82. Lynchburg, VA
83. Macon, GA
84. Madera, CA
85. Manchester, NH
86. Mayaguez, PR
87. McAllen, TX
88. Medford, OR
89. Merced, CA
90. Miami, FL
91. Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
92. Montgomery, AL
93. Myrtle Beach-Conway-North Myrtle Beach, SC
94. Napa, CA
95. New Haven, CT
96. New Orleans, LA
97. New York, NY
98. Ogden, UT
99. Oklahoma City, OK
100. Olympia, WA
101. Omaha, NE
102. Orlando, FL
103. Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA
104. Palm Bay, FL
105. Palm Coast, FL
106. Panama City, FL
107. Phoenix, AZ
108. Pittsburgh, PA
109. Ponce, PR
110. Portland, OR
111. Providence, RI
112. Provo, UT
113. Pueblo, CO
114. Raleigh-Carey, NC
115. Reading, PA
116. Redding, CA
117. Reno-Sparks, NV
118. Richmond, VA
119. Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
120. Roanoke, VA
121. Rockford, IL
122. Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Roseville, CA
123. Salem, OR
124. Salinas, CA
125. Salt Lake City, UT
126. San Antonio, TX
127. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA
128. San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA
129. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
130. San Juan, PR
131. Santa Barbara-Santa Maria-Goleta, CA
132. Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA
133. Santa Fe, NM
134. Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA
135. Sarasota, FL
136. Savannah, GA
137. Scranton-Wilkes Barre, PA
138. Seattle, WA
139. Sebastian, FL
140. Spartanburg, SC
141. Spokane, WA
142. Springfield, IL
143. State College, PA
144. Tallahassee, FL
145. Tampa, FL
146. Terre Haute, IN
147. Tucson, AZ
148. Tulsa, OK
149. Valdosta, GA
150. Vallejo-Fairfield, CA
151. Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, VA
152. Visalia-Porterville, CA
153. Washington, DC
154. Waco, TX
155. Warner Robins, GA
156. Wichita, KS
157. Wichita Falls, TX
158. Wilmington, NC
159. Winchester, VA
160. Winston-Salem, NC
161. Worchester, MA
162. York, PA
163. Yuba City, CA

hunterhp

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I think your list might be old. I live in Fitchburg, MA and I get 42mbps in my house. I'm pretty sure Leominster and Lawrence also get it, but I'm not sure.

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
And there isn't a single city in the whole state of Alabama. Way to go, T-Mobile.
no wait, there's ONE. The capital of the state. Wow.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
And there isn't a single city in the whole state of Alabama. Way to go, T-Mobile.
no wait, there's ONE. The capital of the state. Wow.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

There's also #10 on the list, Auburn. I live near the Montgomery area, but I was surprised to not see Birmingham listed as one of these markets.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I always said Tmobile and it's HSPA PLUS 42MPS network was more than adequate while I was on Verizon with my Galaxy Nexus. Now that I am on Tmobile with my current Galaxy S3 and about to purchase my Galaxy Note 2 on Tmobile November 15th. I now know for sure that Tmobile and it's HSPA PLUS 42MPS network simply blows away Verizon and it's CDMA LTE NETWORK. People love to sleep on Tmobile thinking it's inferior to Verizon well it's not that's for sure. It would've been great if the Lg Nexus 4 has LTE inside of it like the Galaxy Note 2 on Tmobile that would've future proof the Lg Nexus 4. Guess Lg or Google didn't want to go that far. It's the Note 2 for me it's no comparison at all...

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I always said Tmobile and it's HSPA PLUS 42MPS network was more than adequate while I was on Verizon with my Galaxy Nexus. Now that I am on Tmobile with my current Galaxy S3 and about to purchase my Galaxy Note 2 on Tmobile November 15th. I now know for sure that Tmobile and it's HSPA PLUS 42MPS network simply blows away Verizon and it's CDMA LTE NETWORK. People love to sleep on Tmobile thinking it's inferior to Verizon well it's not that's for sure. It would've been great if the Lg Nexus 4 has LTE inside of it like the Galaxy Note 2 on Tmobile that would've future proof the Lg Nexus 4. Guess Lg or Google didn't want to go that far. It's the Note 2 for me it's no comparison at all...

Yeah, T-Mobile's great, as long as you're in a major city, and don't go inside a large building. Their higher frequencies (1700/2100) just can't go through too many walls. It's the same problem that got AT&T so much hate from the San Francisco tech-elite when the iPhone first came out - AT&T's 1900 mhz towers in San Francisco just couldn't get through all the concrete and steel of the city, making reception lousy. I recall reading similar gripes about Manhattan.

My personal experience, with all three networks, on devices I used and owned regularly, side-by-side, here in the suburbs of Los Angeles: TMobile killed AT&T in speed, but AT&T's 800 mhz towers pushed the signal into many places and parts of town that TMobile was a dead zone. Oh, and Verizon, killed both of them, in both coverage, penetration, and LTE speeds. No comparison. I dropped my TMobile service a while ago, so maybe they've improved, but in the building I work at, the only people who get a phone signal more than 5' away from a window are those of us with Verizon 4G LTE phones. The AT&T folks (still my second phone) can get a bouncing 3G/HSPA signal if they stand by the window. The poor T-Mobile folks get nothing until they go into the parking lot. Our building is just 1/2 mile from the Interstate 5, California's MAJOR freeway from north to south; you'd think TMo would have some decent service along that artery.

These kind of discussions are almost pointless, though. Cellular service is just like real estate, the only thing that matters is location, location, location. What's bes in your area may not be the same as what's best in others'. In my area, Verizon is hands-down the best carrier; voice quality is superior, data speeds are superior, and coverage/penetration are superior. Certainly a your mileage may vary kind of thing. Enjoy your Note2!

baileycmatt

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I work in downtown Washington DC and live in Arlington, VA, immediately across the river. On my Galaxy Nexus I never break 5 mb/s down and usually average more like 3.5, anywhere in the city. I know the Gnex won't do 42mb/s, but I should be getting the 21 speed, right? I should be getting faster data than this, shouldn't I? I'm testing with the free speedtest.net app.

mmtowns

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Still waiting for T-Mobile to bring their best stuff to us here in Iowa. We have fairly wide spread "partner coverage" -- I think it's I-Wireless which claims 4G. Any Iowa folks confirm>

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Different everywhere you might be right. But one thing my Verizon Galaxy Nexus never did was hold a signal and had piss poor reception. I come of the street inti my house and instantly my 4g Lte symbol would drop from LTE to 3g to 1x on Verizon. On Tmobile i get constant signal great reception and can watch 2hr movies on Netflix. I was never able to do that on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Tmobile has improved drastically since 2009 and I am here to tell you that their upcoming LTE ADVANCED 10 NETWORK which will be up and running by June 2013 which will be back hauled to it's current HSPA PLUS 42MPS network will be super faster than any current Lte network. Remain blessed :)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Tmobile..

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

You are one of the lucky ones because t mobile is a joke in Atlanta!

They say i should get great coverage here on the map, but I'm almost always having dropped calls, can't get a signal in buildings, distortion, and i really wish i didn't leave Sprint.

This hspa+ 42 never goes ANYWHERE NEAR 42mbps, most i get is 22 and that's in the middle of the night when no one else is in. 21mbps doesn't even go that high nor close to it.

I wish t mobile would stop lying about that

My wife has Verizon, she gets a slightly better signal than Sprint (which was excellent btw) and she is able to talk indoors! I can't with t mobile unless i use Wi-Fi calling. That's gay.

She gets a signal everywhere i go.

Verizon is definitely worth the extra 10 dollar a month

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair